[Excel] Risen's ski jumping generator

Discussion about ski jumping.
Risen

[Excel] Risen's ski jumping generator

Post by Risen »

I decided to share my hobby with you, adding some background history and instructions. Perhaps you'll help me to improve it :)

First of all, I use it for my fictional league, 400 fictional jumpers already, from all around the world. I keep it since 2002, but last year I included generated competitions. Before it was all up to my will. I don't use style notes, just decrease length by 10% of K point when the jump is fallen. There's only one series (400 jumpers, so ho-ho anyway). Points in the general standings are like in 4 Hills Tournament, depends on performance.

I won't share names of my jumping mates though, because many are wrong, not real or do not represent the country (Thai names for all south-west Asia for example). First ones are something to be expected from 9 years old child I used to be back then.

Flags included to make it look nicer. Some extremely small countries are not included yet.

Quick guide how to use it:
Read it all if you want to use the sheet!

No, Country and Name - significant-insignificant data, starting number, country name with cute flag and name of the jumper.
Ab, St - abilities and stability of trim of the jumper, base of the calculation. Desired range is 0-99. Keep it to make it real. Up to your change and will, anyway.
Length contains two formulas close to each other, generated length - the core and one field that rarely marks as "*" that means fall.
Points is the field for you to rewrite (or copy to notepad entire column and paste again to excel) length. At its right side is also a place to mark, that length was decreased.
By now, you may be disappointed there are no notes. They would be very unhandy to rewrite or copy each jump. I can include them, but I won't.
Cmp and Cup are automated markers of position of the jumper. Actualized after each data entry. Sometimes you will need to fix the range! Cmp needs only points row, but Cup needs...
Overall, which is the sum of After (amount of meters in general cup standing) and Points of the competition.
Adv shows automatically what's the change of position of jumper in global standings in every moment of competition.

Now tricks. Something you don't care about until the end of the competition.
R is a totally random variable in range from -2 to 2, up to your change.
cAb (change of abilities) is simply "current abilities + random variable". That means it can increase or decrease within the desired range. There are barriers coded, that won't let it run over 99 and under 0.
cSt (change of stability) is more sophisticated. If random is close to zero, it increases it by one. If random is close to 2 or -2, it decreases it by one. If in between, it remains unchanged. Barriers to keep it in range between 0 and 99 included too.

Once the competition is over, store the data by notepad, and past in the table of next competition as the jumpers' parameters. This will make the season unpredictable.

You have to rewrite the data to make them save. Step by step or batch. Unless they'll reload after each change in document.
A batch way: Copy desired range of formulas, paste it in notepad, cut from notepad and paste to Excel. Formulas are now replaced with static data. Do not forget to backup your formulas first ;)

Enough for now, more questions will reveal soon.

http://www.mediafire.com/?95wkjmvwedpkke9
Nie popieram małyszomanii, a tym bardziej żadnej stochomanii.
Albo kibicujesz wszystkim skoczkom, albo rodakom, albo ssiesz ;)
"Czułeś się kiedyś jak Hula?" -Woody Allen