DSJ3 1.6 release on Nov. 26th

General discussion about DSJ3.
Severin

DSJ3 1.6 release on Nov. 26th

Post by Severin »

Nice!

Only one week left...
Will there be a reset of the offline highscores?

Greets
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DSJ3 1.6 release on Nov. 26th

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Severin wrote: Will there be a reset of the offline highscores?
Greets
As far as I know it is still possible to use the slowdown programs on certain computers. I haven't been able to confirm it myself, but some players have claimed that it is still possible to use them in DSJ3 v1.5.0. The protection scheme will be the same in DSJ3 v1.6.0, so it doesn't make much sense to reset the hill records, if some players are still able to jump in slower speed.
The only difference would be that the "sevo-style" could not be used and the number of players playing in slower speed would be reduced.

I can still reset the offline highscores, so comments are most welcome...
Audun

Post by Audun »

Very nice :) But what's this about slowdown in v.1.5? Hope it's not true :? Anyway, I don't think anyone (atleast not of the top players) are using it, cause they should have been jumping longer if they did, and all replays I've seen from v.1.5 shows that it can't be slowdown, not steady enough..

What about making a record list for amount of points in a hill online? Then it would be different then in offline, where length counts.. Maybe it can be that it's the total score of the two jumps (not qual) that counts? I think it would be great fun atleast :) And then you would have to try and land with telemark, to get as much points as possible. What do you think about this idea?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Audun wrote:Very nice :) But what's this about slowdown in v.1.5? Hope it's not true :? Anyway, I don't think anyone (atleast not of the top players) are using it, cause they should have been jumping longer if they did, and all replays I've seen from v.1.5 shows that it can't be slowdown, not steady enough..
Well, it could be a rumor only. As I said I haven't been able to confirm reliably that it would be possible to use slowdown in v1.5.0.
Audun wrote:What about making a record list for amount of points in a hill online? Then it would be different then in offline, where length counts.. Maybe it can be that it's the total score of the two jumps (not qual) that counts? I think it would be great fun atleast :) And then you would have to try and land with telemark, to get as much points as possible. What do you think about this idea?
It's too litle time to make changes like this before the release of v1.6.0. But, what I could still do, would be to reset all hill records which are jumped in v1.4.0 or earlier versions. So, the hill records jumped in v1.5.0 (during the last year) would be preserved. The question is: are the players willing to start it all over from zero?

The reset would invalidate about 70% of all hill records.
Audun

Post by Audun »

I would like that, but ofcourse, all my PB's are in v.1.5, so the reset wouldn't affect me at all.. I understand if people don't like the idea of resetting.
Severin

Post by Severin »

My PBs are done Sevo style and in 1.4, but I would appreciate very much a reset...

Infact I would see no sense in jumping if the records are not resetted... Online jumping doesn't make so much sense for me, as I can not jump regularly due to my training and competition schedules in real life ;)
Vik

Post by Vik »

My records are also all done in v1.5, but you can reset them... Or, create new recordlist for 1.6, and the old list is able to visit on your website... (like it was in the past in v1.1 (?), because there was a take-off bug or sth. like that...)
Tosy

Post by Tosy »

kwl just a suggestion : Can u make it download Highscrore replies itself? :wink:
btw i cant wait it w00t w00t
Hans Gunnar

Post by Hans Gunnar »

I think you should reset records for at least v1.4 and earlier.

I wouldn't mind if you reset v1.5 records either, as I always find it most fun to set new PB's. :)
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

I would like the idea, but slowmo-jumps are still possible, aren't they?!?!

"You cannot jump with SlowMo on DSJ3 v1.5
You can jump with SlowMo on v1.4
You cannot upload recods with v1.4
You can set records on v1.4 and then upgrade to v1.5
You can upload records with v1.5 (obviously)

Conclusion: You can still upload recods sat with the help of SlowMo."

"That's it .... but that's not all :(
On some (most? - didn't try it by myself) PCs with Windows 98 the SloMo still works on V1.5, too ..."

Source: http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Torsten wrote:I would like the idea, but slowmo-jumps are still possible, aren't they?!?!

"You cannot jump with SlowMo on DSJ3 v1.5
You can jump with SlowMo on v1.4
You cannot upload recods with v1.4
You can set records on v1.4 and then upgrade to v1.5
You can upload records with v1.5 (obviously)

Conclusion: You can still upload recods sat with the help of SlowMo."
There is a way to see which version of the game was originally used to perform the jump, so this kind of trick can be blocked. The hill records server can be altered to recognize if some hill records were made on v1.4.0 or earlier versions regardless of which version of the game was used to submit them. So, this is no problem.
Torsten wrote: "That's it .... but that's not all :(
On some (most? - didn't try it by myself) PCs with Windows 98 the SloMo still works on V1.5, too ..."
Source: http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158
I don't have access to Windows 98 but would like to get a confirmation about this from someone who has.
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Jussi Koskela wrote: There is a way to see which version of the game was originally used to perform the jump, so this kind of trick can be blocked. The hill records server can be altered to recognize if some hill records were made on v1.4.0 or earlier versions regardless of which version of the game was used to submit them. So, this is no problem.
This sounds GREAT to me :)
(if you REALLY can extract the DSJ-Version for EVERY record out of the submitted highscore-files)
Jussi Koskela wrote: I don't have access to Windows 98 but would like to get a confirmation about this from someone who has.
Ok .. i did some "investigations" ;) and here's what i've found:
(source: http://dsj.airco.com.pl/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=654 )

Filip Stelmach (Metsi) - Posted: 04 Jan 2007 04:58
[...] And the best for the end, mr Jussi, your cheting prevention doesn't work, xspeed works the same with dsj1.5 on my CPU. Dunno why, but it does. Exclamation And i think i'm not the only one...

Severin Freund (Severin) - Posted: 04 Jan 2007 05:25
It works on most computers with Win98 Filip...
That's the thing...

Filip Stelmach (Metsi) - Posted: 04 Jan 2007 09:25
Am I the only one working on 98 here? Didn't notice anybody complaining about this BUG (it is a bug you know now) :] Did Jussi think that everydoby work on XP nowadays?
Knowing that now, is it still fair competition?

So i think at least Severin and Filip saw the working cheat ... Maybe someone can check this!?

EDIT: Here at work there's a windows 98 machine running, too .. so i will check it by myself within the next few hours ;)
EDIT2: Damn ... this machine runs Windows 98 and DSJ doesn't start because of an improper DirectX-version, so i cannot test it on it ... But: There's another computer with Windows 98 SE so I will try it on this one, but I can do that this evening at the earliest ...
EDIT3: Same on this machine ... no SE, just Windows 98 ... DSJ didn't work, too :(
Tosy

Post by Tosy »

I dont even know how to uuse slow mo
Kjell Arild Korbøl

Post by Kjell Arild Korbøl »

My suggestion is that records made with ver.1.5. or earlier should become a historic list that everyone can click on and view from this homepage.

After release of ver.1.6.0 a new list should be made, and this is how I think it could be:
1: automatic save of length and replay of jump. In that way everyone can see how the jump is done, and that there is no bug or slow-mo.
2: only jumps made in ver.1.6.0 will be saved to this list.
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

Kjell Arild Korbøl wrote:My suggestion is that records made with ver.1.5. or earlier should become a historic list that everyone can click on and view from this homepage.

After release of ver.1.6.0 a new list should be made, and this is how I think it could be:
1: automatic save of length and replay of jump. In that way everyone can see how the jump is done, and that there is no bug or slow-mo.
2: only jumps made in ver.1.6.0 will be saved to this list.
Yup, I second that!