Would you play DSJ 4 if it would be on Nintendo Switch?

General discussion about DSJ4.
J4cob

Would you play DSJ 4 if it would be on Nintendo Switch?

Post by J4cob »

Hey there!

I would like to start an interesting topic. Would you like to have DSJ 4 on Nintendo Switch? Ski Jumping game on a smaller game console (like this) or even a bigger console (PS5 or XBOX) would be cool! Jussi did mobile port for DSJ 2 so why not for Nintendo Switch too? And if that would be the case, what unique features you would want to see there? Or would you like the game stripped a lil bit (like no Multiplayer)? I would be down to play DSJ 4 on Switch or any other console, it would be an interesting experience to say the least. Or maybe even DSJ 3.

What do you think?

ps.: Why not share the game to a outsourcing studio that can port it to these platforms? Law limitations?
Waaft1939

Re: Would you play DSJ 4 if it would be on Nintendo Switch?

Post by Waaft1939 »

I have never tried this before.
NellyAurora

Post by NellyAurora »

It's great. I think It would be so awesome experience. I want to try it.
hardtofindiris

Post by hardtofindiris »

i think have DSJ 4 on Nintendo Switch is amazing. Jussi did mobile port for DSJ 2 but I think it's very difficult to appear on Nintendo Switch.
Pranav

Post by Pranav »

J4cob wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 10:26 Hey there!

I would like to start an interesting topic. Would you like to have DSJ 4 on Nintendo Switch? Ski Jumping game on a smaller game console (like this) or even a bigger console (PS5 or XBOX) would be cool! Jussi did mobile port for DSJ 2 so why not for Nintendo Switch too? And if that would be the case, what unique features you would want to see there? Or would you like the game stripped a lil bit (like no Multiplayer)? I would be down to play DSJ 4 on Switch or any other console, it would be an interesting experience to say the least. Or maybe even DSJ 3.

What do you think?

ps.: Why not share the game to a outsourcing studio that can port it to these platforms? Law limitations?
Absolutely! Bringing DSJ 4 to Nintendo Switch or other consoles sounds like a fantastic idea. Jussi's success with the DSJ 2 mobile port adds credibility. Maintaining or enhancing features like multiplayer could make it a standout experience. Count me in for the thrill of ski jumping on a console – a unique and exciting gaming venture!
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Bringing DSJ4 to Nintendo Switch would be huge effort, but porting DSJ2 for Switch could be achievable. Spending time on that would be naturally away from something else.
aleksiq4229

Post by aleksiq4229 »

wow, I guess DSJ2 will be realased on Nintendo Switch..
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Personally I would prefer the development time to be spent on improving DSJ4 instead of porting DSJ2 to Switch. Apart from not owning one, I don't really see the reason why playing on Switch would be superior to playing on PC or phone, depending on where you currently are.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
J4cob

Post by J4cob »

Xinitiao wrote: 28 Nov 2023, 21:20 Personally I would prefer the development time to be spent on improving DSJ4 instead of porting DSJ2 to Switch. Apart from not owning one, I don't really see the reason why playing on Switch would be superior to playing on PC or phone, depending on where you currently are.
You are also true, but he would expand the game to the market just a little bit more with the conversion. Probably some people prefer mobiles rather than PC games these days (especially from poorer countries)
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

J4cob wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 11:48
Xinitiao wrote: 28 Nov 2023, 21:20 Personally I would prefer the development time to be spent on improving DSJ4 instead of porting DSJ2 to Switch. Apart from not owning one, I don't really see the reason why playing on Switch would be superior to playing on PC or phone, depending on where you currently are.
You are also true, but he would expand the game to the market just a little bit more with the conversion. Probably some people prefer mobiles rather than PC games these days (especially from poorer countries)
Apart from ski jumping being popular in only a handful of countries, name one country in which having a Nintendo Switch is more popular than having a smartphone...
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 28 Nov 2023, 15:40 Bringing DSJ4 to Nintendo Switch would be huge effort, but porting DSJ2 for Switch could be achievable. Spending time on that would be naturally away from something else.
Spend time on DSJ4 instead please :D much more potential there
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
aleksiq4229

Post by aleksiq4229 »

There's nothing to add, DSJ4 is outdated also :D
DSJ5 is more likely option, but GTA VII will come faster..