Get rid off wind waiting online

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Jevgeni

Get rid off wind waiting online

Post by Jevgeni »

It is very annoying when people wait full 10 sec for good wind and then jump 3 meters longer than anyone else. Can you make the wind more steady online so there is no point for waiting wind?
Nejc Kavasaki

Re: Get rid off wind waiting online

Post by Nejc Kavasaki »

hahaha 3m longer... dont make me laugh... u can have only 1m max 1.5m longer jump...
PEAK: 1842
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

There is nothing wrong to wait if you have a timer. You can start anywhere between 10 and 0,1 sec. Also if you look at some world records they are done because of waiting for good wind, and not starting jump straight at 10sec. My strategy is, that if the wind is already strong at 10 secs, there is actually only one way for it and it is down. When the wind is for example at 1,9m or 2,0m, you can expect it to go up again...
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
Vaaranto

Post by Vaaranto »

Waiting for wind is fine. Only time it's annoying is when there is like 3 players and you just want to go through hills as fast as possible and then there is 1 guy waiting even when the wind is bad and there is no way you can jump any records. I just wish Jussi would remove ''gibbon'' where you basically shake the jumper right after takeoff to gain height, it gives you a huge advantage when you learn it but its unrealistic and stupid. I would love to see tournament results if this was removed, all the top players would drop down massively.
BartiSkiJumper

Post by BartiSkiJumper »

I really don't like it, because it's just a matter of luck, and it can give you big advantage (or disadvantage, but that's less possible because you don't wait if the wind is good), even 5m at Flying Hills. In my opinion the wind waiting would be a good option if there was a graphic showing us the wind from every part of the hill. Then the waiting would be more like a tactic (like in real life) than just praying for luck. And yeah it's really annoying for people who doesn't wait, because it wastes much time + on team cup it's really hard to read the results when there are people still jumping.
Bartek Winczaszek:
DSJ3 TL - 7850.57m #1
DSJ4 TL - 3543.26m #6
DSJ4 Online Peak: 1959 #1
TDD 2013-2020: #2 - #3 - #2 - #2 - #1 - #2 - #1 - #1

My YT and Twitch channels: youtube.com/user/BartiSkiJumper - twitch.tv/BartiDSJ
smolarkus

Post by smolarkus »

Barti says true, jumping in 1,7 m/s with front wind and 2,4 m/s (after waiting) makes very big difference. After experiences at non-same-wind room i know, that wind can make difference of up to 5 meters at the same gate at large hill. If lucky waiting give 2 meters, this is 3,8 points on a WOT, and it makes a huge difference (5 places => 5-60 World Cup points, 10 places =>10-74 WC pts !!!). If someone can't jump at once, he can leave the room.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

As I see in game difference between average and minimal/maximal wind speed is about 0.8-0.9 m/s. It's quite a lot, but it's help or obstacle for players who wait. Even 0.1 m/s gives on flying hills almost 1.5 meters, on large hills 0.7-0.8 meters, on normal hills about 0.5 meters (maybe a bit more, between 0.5 and 0.6), and in Bischofshofen HS78 about 0.4 meters.
In online game much more visible should be players' skills than luck or misfortune to wind.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Differences in differences , interesting topic but it's a waste of time until the moment when Jussi will tell us so is he able to do something about it. Otherwise we can write , write and write between us :)Jussi, can you give us some answer ?
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m