Attracting players in the summer months

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.

Would you like snow on DSJ 4 online Hill's all over the year ?

Poll ended at 13 Mar 2017, 17:41

1. Permanently World Cup , and No Rating servers and add Summer hill's serwers without snow
44%
2. Leave servers World Cup and No Rating just like it's been until now , and add another server with snow on the hills all over the year
56%

Total votes: 9

SoBo

Attracting players in the summer months

Post by SoBo »

This post is to Jussi Koksela and ours commiunity.

After talks with players we came to the conclusion with a good solution leaving snow on the DSJ 4 online hill's all over the year. As everyone knows this game is most popular when we have snow on DSJ4 Online Hill's.

Jussi we have a fev option "suggestions" , (maybe you have a better us a hint). First option are permanently two serwers with snow all over the year , World Cup , and No Rating servers and add Summer hill's serwers without snow , which gives a chance to compete in Summer Grand Prix.Second options is leave servers World Cup and No Rating just like it's been until now , and add another server with snow on the hills all over the year , for a players who wants to play in the summer months , but can't becasuse this game without snow on hill's is just unplayable , and little interesting.

To Jussi : Think about it , because I know that many people resigns with playing in summer time because of the "green" , and this changes the keeps DSJ 4 online still alive all year , maybe not with the attendance like in December , but still bigger then empty serwers in summer time :P
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Maciejo-96

Re: Attracting players in the summer months

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Snow in summer? Bad idea.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

Maciejo-96 wrote:Snow in summer? Bad idea.
Agreed.
BartiSkiJumper

Post by BartiSkiJumper »

For me it's a good idea to add one server with snow all the time. In summer there is not many people playing. I haven't played in last 2 years in summer too because, being honest, the quality of a plastic is pretty low and not too attractive.
Bartek Winczaszek:
DSJ3 TL - 7850.57m #1
DSJ4 TL - 3543.26m #6
DSJ4 Online Peak: 1959 #1
TDD 2013-2020: #2 - #3 - #2 - #2 - #1 - #2 - #1 - #1

My YT and Twitch channels: youtube.com/user/BartiSkiJumper - twitch.tv/BartiDSJ
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

I would not add another server, because there is not enough players and if they split into multiple servers then it's even worse.

I agree that summer green hills sucks and therefore I would make all online games in winter mode all year.
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!