The future of DSJ

General discussion about DSJ4.
MikesCZ

Re: The future of DSJ

Post by MikesCZ »

kumy246 wrote:at least update ski flying hills the 3ski flying hills of 4 on DSJ are not exist anymore please just update ski flying hills!
Personally I would prefer more hills in the game more than changing old ones.
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
kumy246

Post by kumy246 »

i would not totaly replace it the old ones should stay in the game but still the new ski flying hills should be in the game it's sad that on the game are 4 flying hills and just one of them is still active...
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

It seems the game is doing great right now. I can see new players every day, new names from various countries. Forums are also more alive I think.

Jussi could you give us some new statement about if there will ever be new hill, or game put into steam etc....your view on the future :)

Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

MikesCZ wrote:It seems the game is doing great right now. I can see new players every day, new names from various countries. Forums are also more alive I think.

Jussi could you give us some new statement about if there will ever be new hill, or game put into steam etc....your view on the future :)
No new plans with regards to those.
Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
MikesCZ wrote:It seems the game is doing great right now. I can see new players every day, new names from various countries. Forums are also more alive I think.

Could you please tell us why? It seems the game would get much more attention on Steam, so more people would buy it. Heck, even if you just added Paysafecard as a payment option, that would increase sales by a lot.
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

Dangerous Dave wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:

Could you please tell us why? It seems the game would get much more attention on Steam, so more people would buy it. Heck, even if you just added Paysafecard as a payment option, that would increase sales by a lot.
He has answered that question many times.
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Jussi Koskela wrote:

Is there something that would make you change your mind? :) Something that us players can do?

Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

So, it seems that level of sales isn't still high enough to make something bigger?
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave »

akkarbelling wrote:
He has answered that question many times.
Sorry, I didn't find his answer anywhere. So what is his reason not to publish it on Steam? I believe he is not updating DSJ because of the lack of sales, but putting it on Steam would solve that problem.
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

He answers it in this thread. "No new plans with regards to those." when asked about plans regarding steam and new hills.
Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave »

akkarbelling wrote:He answers it in this thread. "No new plans with regards to those." when asked about plans regarding steam and new hills.
Do you even speak English? I know that he isn't going to put it on Steam, but I asked WHY won't he put it on Steam, and he didn't answer.
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

Yes I speak English. What about you? He has said that the game won't be released on Steam. And I think that is answer good enough.
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

akkarbelling wrote:Yes I speak English. What about you? He has said that the game won't be released on Steam. And I think that is answer good enough.
I would also be interested in knowing what is the reason....whether it's lack of time, or some other worries. Because Steam = money if your product is good enough, and DSJ is really good and proven game. (there are lot of totally bad products on steam)

Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

"It would be difficult to create enough fuss around an already existing game. All kind of non-regular trading is also forbidden by the Finnish law. Crowdfunded projects may only sell the products for fixed standard price and cannot be about supporting the cause."
- Jussi Koskela, 8th April 2014

The same goes for Steam Greenlight, I guess. (which is soon to be replaced by supposedly much more expensive version, btw)

Also, another quote, closely related to this:

"DSJ5 sounds quite utopistic at this point."
- 14th September 2014

Dead end?

(Despite all of the above, I really do think Jussi could still make two or three hills per YEAR regardless of profit if he wanted to. My impression right now is that he simply doesn't. And that's something none of us can do anything about.)
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Thanks for digging up old replies Martin :)

" And that's something none of us can do anything about" - that's a shame, I think I am not the only one who would volunteer to help free of charge.

I guess what us players can do to keep the game alive is to promote it ourselves, try to bring in new players.....and of course keep buying online keys and keep playing.

BR
Michal Kala