The future of DSJ

General discussion about DSJ4.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The future of DSJ

Post by Jussi Koskela »

No new hills are coming as I have said earlier.
Nejc Kavasaki

Post by Nejc Kavasaki »

Thats not good....
PEAK: 1842
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

So now I am not surprised that many players (me too) left DSJ4 after last season. Continuing this behaviour of game development would create situation that number of active players will decrease severely, until online servers will be empty 24/7 - result: profit from selling this game will be low. That's not okay.

This game really needs radical transformation.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Maciejo-96 wrote:So now I am not surprised that many players (me too) left DSJ4 after last season. Continuing this behaviour of game development would create situation that number of active players will decrease severely, until online servers will be empty 24/7 - result: profit from selling this game will be low. That's not okay.

This game really needs radical transformation.

In last Team Cup played about 40 players, it is not to big difference as a one season or two ago , for a 40 players was about 20-25 new, the conclusion is "with the old players" or with out them all the time somone new will buy sub , and servers never will empty,and don't try compair the current state on server to the maximum , cuz when u played 1-2 ago on WOT was max 50-60 players , and now when "manny heros" finisch carrier is nearly the same :)
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
mask

Post by mask »

Jussi Koskela wrote:No new hills are coming as I have said earlier.
Okay. With new hills this topic is closed currently. But what about smaller updates with minor changes like:
  1. Selecting starting order for 1st competition (in offline ofc). Random order is quite annoying when I want start something like "fictional" cup and "best" jumpers are starting at beggining :D. Should looks similar to selecting hills with this difference that jumpers dissapears from one list and appears on start list.
  2. Option to show results of 2nd round. Very useful for offline tournaments when someone decide to send his jump from 2nd round of jumping. Currently you have to manually count how many points you got.
  3. Different suit colours for jumpers from one team in Team Cup.
  4. Option to see what ski jumper set the local hill record. Can be switchable between Player's and ski jumper's name. Example:
I don't have more minor ideas. Have a nice day.

btw
Gutek70

Re: Tour de DSJ 2016 - [4/6] 4 x Ski Flying Hills

Post by Gutek70 »

Jussi if you added some new hills from place to buy a subscription online for 3-4 years in advance !!! You can not cross this great game so just drop it. Many people have the same opinion as me!
Gram tylko online - I only play online!!!
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Gutek70 wrote:Jussi if you added some new hills from place to buy a subscription online for 3-4 years in advance !!! You can not cross this great game so just drop it. Many people have the same opinion as me!
I agree Gutek ;)

Jussi i have a another question to you :P I asked once why you do not want make new hils to DSJ and we had answer "do not expect anything" if we are talking about DSJ4 hils :wink:
Then u wrote after my question about how manny time are u need to creation oned new hill :arrow: ur answer "two weeks"
In my opinion this is not difficult for you , to make all community DSJ the happy.........

So.... fev question to Jussi Koksela :D

1.Do you want players which will buying a subscription DSJ 4?

2.Do you want to servers DSJ 4 were empty?

3.Do you want to kill the game DSJ4?

4. Do you have respect for the players who have been with you all these years?

5.Are you able to do something for community DSJ?

Give us answer's for a question please :wink:

The proposal from the players is that :

2-3 New hills and will greate :)

Update Kulm , and Planica :D

Change menu just refresh

Remember u make ur fame manny yers , don't be inflexible , change ur mind , find some time and just DO IT FOR US :!: :!: :!:

Our proposal is ....this season is nearly end :( Give us answer for our question , take a time , and on summer do for us something new, u will have about 8 months to start new Winter season , and i can promise u , u earn good money from subscription , the servers will full from November , Tour de DSJ will have more then 250 in every day, coz manny , reapid manny players from the list of Mediamond are waiting for that....

Industry it and write what you think :D

THIS IS LAST CHANCE FOR U ANDD FOR US > REMEMBER WE WE AS A COMMUNITY ONE BIG FAMILY WCHIH CREATED URSELF :wink: :wink:

If you want transfer the post to other topic , but I had to give an answer to Gutek thanks
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Gutek70

Post by Gutek70 »

Most of us DSJ from the beginning, I used to play in DSJ3 online, I play DSJ 4 and would like to continue playing. Jussi if you could for us fans of this game do a little surprise? Just as it was when you did DSJ2 additional 5 hills Polish. For us it would be a wonderful thing if you added a few hills, no matter what. DSJ is not just a game, it's a way of life and community. Please surprise us and show that it is not thrown out on us.
Greetings in the name of addicts DSJ
Nejc Kavasaki

Post by Nejc Kavasaki »

We all are one big family... Jussi do this for us :)
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

@up And writes that the most addicted DSJ player at the moment xDDD (logic, isn't it?)

PS. please stop, now nothing will help. Jussi probably don't care about your hoping.

now I suggest to leave this poor game xD really!
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Nejc Kavasaki

Post by Nejc Kavasaki »

Maciej... i still dont think so.. :)
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

I emphatize with the previous speakers. We are all composed in a great community. Many of us haven't tried skijumping in the real world and the most of us will surely not experience it. DSJ allows us to feel like real skijumpers and that's why it is really hard to deal with the fact that it is not still developed. For majority, this game has become a part of live. I have even dreams, in which I see new version of Deluxe Ski Jump 4 and jump 250 meters in Vikersund or 145 m in Trondheim. That's the evidence, that shows how enormous imprint this game has left on us. I saw there are some people which are frustrated but that's not an excuse to write stupid reviews, which are offending author and the whole series. I partially understand them but I do not esteem that, however. It would be miraculous if Jussi created some new hills and added several "refreshing" improvements. The crux is to start treating DSJ not only as game, but as large a group of people who are skijumping's enthusiasts, which would love to fulfill they dreams... Jussi, our hope is YOU. Of course, I do not want to impose, it's an utter nonsense; you will just do what you want. But I urgently beg, do not be indifferent to us and do not let this beautiful project expire... :)
Last edited by Szymon11 on 17 Feb 2016, 19:48, edited 2 times in total.
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
Gutek70

Post by Gutek70 »

Jussi and if you could do it in supplement form? Who wants this would buy this add-on. It would consist of 4-5 extra jump. I think everyone would be happy to buy it. I would gladly pay for such an addition
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

There is said about 'free updates', but there is nothing about 'free DLCs'. Many of professional games are doing something like that - the upadtes are free, but for example if you want to buy new cars in Gran Turismo, you will have to pay extra money. If a kind of DLC was introduced, we would have a problem with online game, on the other hand. I think that is the biggsest barrier to include these opptional updates to the game. Has anyone any ideas, how it would work as an example?
Last edited by Szymon11 on 17 Feb 2016, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

Szymon11 wrote:I have even dreams, in which I see new version of Deluxe Ski Jump 4 and jump 250 meters on Vikersund or 145 m in Trondheim.
And I had nightmares for years about how records get beated over and over again, and this never ends.

Anyway, I think the DLC stuff should have been earlier already. For example 1€ per hill, but max. 5€ per DLC. The prices of the game could have been higher overally but because the main group playing this game is polish jumpers they cannot be as high as in Finland (games here usually cost 30-50€ at shops).
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.