Fans' mods!

General discussion about DSJ4.
blazejochedalski

Fans' mods!

Post by blazejochedalski »

Why fans-modders are not making, for example, new hills? There are unofficial mods for probably all pc games but not for DSJ, why?
There's another question, why Jussi don't allow to make mods easy? It'll be a "new life" for DSJ and should give you much more new buyers...
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fans' mods!

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Modders need modding tools and I haven't written any. Creating good tools would require significant amount of work.
Lechoo

Post by Lechoo »

@ Jussi Koskela

What about creating a simple tool. What I mean is a menu in which you just put on numbers or choose from a few options. It's not very innovative or creative but in my humble opinion would put some more life into the game.

My project of this simple tool would look like this:

Name of a hill: (write anything)

Type of hill: (a menu to choose from) Medium/Normal/Large/Ski Flying

K-Point:
HS-Point:

Inrun length:
Inrun angle:
Take-off length:
Take-off angle:
Take-off height:
Landing angle:

Inrun details: (choosing already existing graphics - a menu to choose from) Bad Mitternhorf, Bischofshofen, Ga-Pa, Sapporo etc.

Is it possible? Is it hard to implement and time consuming for you ?Thank you very much in advance for you reply :)
Chabiker

Post by Chabiker »

Very good ideas, but unfortunately Jussi is not looking for any soultions how to keep the game alive :(
DSJ ADDICT
Nejc Kavasaki

Post by Nejc Kavasaki »

Very good ideas.. :D
PEAK: 1842
murao22

Post by murao22 »

I also like these ideas ;)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Even that kind of hill editor would require significant amount of work. The looks of the current hills is also not directly adatable to different hill profiles.
Patus

Post by Patus »

Jussi Koskela wrote:Even that kind of hill editor would require significant amount of work. The looks of the current hills is also not directly adatable to different hill profiles.
Whether it requires amount of work, could You try to do something like this? It would be like the last update, for those players which are still waiting for new hills. They will be able to do own hills. In my opinion, it could give You new players, which would make their own hills, for example Vikersund HS225 :)
Rajmek1233

Post by Rajmek1233 »

Do this at least for us, players
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Lechoo wrote:My project of this simple tool would look like this:

Name of a hill: (write anything)

Type of hill: (a menu to choose from) Medium/Normal/Large/Ski Flying

K-Point:
HS-Point:

Inrun length:
Inrun angle:
Take-off length:
Take-off angle:
Take-off height:
Landing angle:

Inrun details: (choosing already existing graphics - a menu to choose from) Bad Mitternhorf, Bischofshofen, Ga-Pa, Sapporo etc.
As I see it would be too simple editor and wouldn't ideally copy profile of the hill. There would have to be much more details, most of them present on this certificate: http://www.skisprungschanzen.com/photos ... 5_2015.pdf And in my opinion creating inrun details to editor would be too much time-consuming, but creating inrun details in editor would be time-consuming, too.

Also, in this editor there would have to be option to interposition data about jump lengths, according to wind speed and inrun speed; also inrun speeds would be assigned to several startgates. And, of course, configuration of height of flight, the best would be four-stage: first 10-15 meters, according to measurements of hill; begin landing zone; K-point and hill size. So, in my opinion the simpliest hill editor would be much more expanded than your idea. So, I agree with Jussi that creating hill editor would be very laborious (significant amount of work).

I don't expect it in a lot of upcoming years.
blazejochedalski

Post by blazejochedalski »

Maybe let's start project on kickstarter or something like this, we'll donate Jussi for make this editor :) 2-3k$ should be a good motivation.
Rajmek1233

Post by Rajmek1233 »

You abandoned development DSJ4 forever?
Nejc Kavasaki

Post by Nejc Kavasaki »

This game is dying... if you will not do anythink with this game (new hills, updates, deverlop).... this game will die...

Jussi, pls do it for us... for us, who plays that game :) and players will come on game again... you will se.. pls try somethink. :)
Nejc Kavasaki

Post by Nejc Kavasaki »

Jussi, do this for us, or maybe tell us how much money you need for some hills.. i think we can get the money... :)
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Nejc Kavasaki wrote:Jussi, do this for us, or maybe tell us how much money you need for some hills.. i think we can get the money... :)
1.If you're rich , send pm to Jussi with a proposal

2. Jussi already said fev times "the development of the game is finish" maybe small bugs IF WIll need repeat "IF"

3.You're making the confusion on the server , urge friends (Aliaz) gets ban on chat , then you enter as Drago Oven you leave a friend alone writing still stupidity on chat , it is for me lack of courage and honor , first I would urge anyone then he don't care me because i have a second account

4. Stop write about DSJ 4 updating, new hills , the game is OVER !!!

I suspect that our admin , will delete this post , but we have a good policeman on this forum and he will verry quickly copy this post and then send to other players on pm :)
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m