Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Post by Jussi Koskela »

davisp wrote:yeah. that's what I was talking about. Jussi said you can jump unlimited jumps with good wind. But when the game is saved after you started your jump then this would not happen. And if you abort the jump then it would count as a 0.0 jump and you would jump with the next jumper
You could still backup the save game manually and restore it to jump unlimited times in the same wind.
Milos

Post by Milos »

Hey Jussi, what about making it possible to set the number of rounds for specific competition? I mean, it would allow us to play a realistic Ski-Flying WC with 4 rounds. Of course, one can choose to play two consecutive competitions and sum up the points, but then you have no clue what the standing is like after the third round. Also, it would be great to be a able to save the game after two rounds as the third one and the fourth one take place on the following day and in different weather conditions anyway.
davisp

Post by davisp »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
davisp wrote:yeah. that's what I was talking about. Jussi said you can jump unlimited jumps with good wind. But when the game is saved after you started your jump then this would not happen. And if you abort the jump then it would count as a 0.0 jump and you would jump with the next jumper
You could still backup the save game manually and restore it to jump unlimited times in the same wind.
Yeah... shitty procedure, but it's also shitty right now. 30 minutes for searching the good wind really sucks. What speaks again a so called record hunting mode? The top 200 jumps in the world are all done with perfect wind and right gate. But if you want to get there you have to click and click and click and click until you get it right. But this wasn't my intention at all. A save-function without "cheating" would be nice too. But as it looks, it's not possible
World Record Holder for 5 minutes
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

Am I the only one in here who actually enjoys finding a perfect wind?
That's gotta hurt.
Basadoni

Post by Basadoni »

It only means that you have enough time in your daily routine
skiflyer11

Post by skiflyer11 »

Zmaster wrote:Am I the only one in here who actually enjoys finding a perfect wind?
...Yes! :D

That's gotta hurt (sorry Zmaster for that fake ;))
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Zmaster wrote:Am I the only one in here who actually enjoys finding a perfect wind?
Yesa :mrgreen: :!:
Pe Wittmann

Post by Pe Wittmann »

What about this: an option to choose the gate you want to start from ? So the wind is not perfect but you can find quicker what you want. ( in real the national coaches can choose the gate as well, so it makes sense in my view)
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Pe Wittmann wrote:What about this: an option to choose the gate you want to start from ? So the wind is not perfect but you can find quicker what you want. ( in real the national coaches can choose the gate as well, so it makes sense in my view)
Yeah,and if i get 1.8 wind i change (Kulm this time)gate 27 and land on 225-226,not so realistic,not good idea.
Pe Wittmann

Post by Pe Wittmann »

SuperAdo111 wrote:
Pe Wittmann wrote:What about this: an option to choose the gate you want to start from ? So the wind is not perfect but you can find quicker what you want. ( in real the national coaches can choose the gate as well, so it makes sense in my view)
Yeah,and if i get 1.8 wind i change (Kulm this time)gate 27 and land on 225-226,not so realistic,not good idea.
I think you didnt understand my idea :)

I mean we could choose Luke under "selecting hills" / selecting jumpers and so long. You could choose a gate with the hill, or not, as you wish.
And once you launched the game you cannot change the gate anymore. So wind conditions are same like now, you can just get immediatly gate 2 for instance at Kulm. ( and have wind like now +1.0-2.4) SO if you restart a few times you can have quicker +2.0 and more for this specific gate. At gate 27 it would be -2.0 anyway...
adin

Post by adin »

Jussi, have you even thought about adding to the DSJ4 "non-real" ski hills?
I'm not asking about near future because there is still a lot to do with real ones.
davisp

Post by davisp »

It would be nice to see ingame which position you are on a certain hill in the world and in your country
World Record Holder for 5 minutes
Master77

Post by Master77 »

Hello Jussi! :D
Is the next version could become an opportunity to change the style of jumper's flight?
For example, wide V-style, narrow V-style. :)
Thus, all the jumps do not seem to look the same. :/
I hope that you answer
skiflyer11

Post by skiflyer11 »

Master77 wrote:Hello Jussi! :D
Is the next version could become an opportunity to change the style of jumper's flight?
For example, wide V-style, narrow V-style. :)
Thus, all the jumps do not seem to look the same. :/
I hope that you answer
has already been discussed, jussi said it would be too much work to balance the jump and there are some other problems coming with that, so no :)

That's gotta hurt (sorry Zmaster for that fake ;))
Master77

Post by Master77 »

Okay, thank you for information :)