Ideas for eSport

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Zettabyte

Ideas for eSport

Post by Zettabyte »

Hello all! (New to the forums, but not to the game. Been playing since DSJ3)

I am indeed missing spectator mode. Would be really nice for watching World Cup, National Cup etc.
If this feature is going in, it might also be good to let non-online subscribers watch as well.
I think that also might help getting them to play online too.
People might also want to stream their competitions online f.ex at Twitch.

However, I can see if this could be a bit troublesome with how the current online game is working.
Would be a bit difficult to watch all jumpers more or less simultaneously.
One way of solve this would be adding new type of lobby, an eSport lobby with different rules on how player participates (kind of have to wait for each jumper to finish his/her jump). That also opens up for casters/commentaries on the tournament).

*Ideas just start crawling into my head at this point, so I am sorry if my post seems a bit unorganized O.O*

Another thing I would like to see regarding spectator mode is that we could create our spectator as a character.
How I see this working is, you create your spectator, and when joining a tournament we replace the default auto generated crowd on the tribune so jumpers could roughly see how many real people are watching. Just adds a bit more realism.

To wrap this up
[*]Spectator Mode
[*]eSport Lobbies with their own rules that supports Spectator Mode
[*]Spectating is free (dear I say micro transaction could be implemented for some additional cool stuff for spectators? *Gets ready to be flamed*)
[*]Spectators can make their own spectator character
[*]Spectator characters replaces the default generated "NPC" (non-player characters for those not familiar with the term) crowd

I would also like some feedback in these ideas.

Thanks!

Cheers from Norway
RobertKranjecFAN

Re: Ideas for eSport

Post by RobertKranjecFAN »

Awesome ideas!!!
I only disagree with last idea of spectator replacing original spectators because some players do not have computer that is able to calculate so many characters at once. Good idea would be to add as many original spectators (Jussis') as there are real spectators.
Zettabyte

Re: Ideas for eSport

Post by Zettabyte »

RobertKranjecFAN wrote:Awesome ideas!!!
I only disagree with last idea of spectator replacing original spectators because some players do not have computer that is able to calculate so many characters at once. Good idea would be to add as many original spectators (Jussis') as there are real spectators.
Cheers!
In regard to your concern about replacing default spectators with real ones.
We all like to have options. In most cases, more is better (well, depends :)). And I think the way to solve this is to let people chose whenever they want that feature to be on or of, if their computer lacks the power.
We already have the option to turn off weaving flags right? =)