First impressions...

General discussion about DSJ4.
misiek58

Post by misiek58 »

Yes new DSJ is fantastic are very realistic...Im waiting to next beta version. Thank you Jussi :D
Steelman

Post by Steelman »

Very nice! Great physics (except after falling, looks like a crash test dummy).
I believe that playability are more important than graphics.
Have to master a new (and better) jumping technique, more realistic.
Starting from scratch again with new enthusiasm. Great work Jussi :D
Steelman
The Flying Norwegian
REM

Post by REM »

Visual impressions are very nice, but the physic of jump is not good. Can not take off and fly in agressive style, only passive style - that's why jumps are not differentiated of style and technique.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

REM wrote:Visual impressions are very nice, but the physic of jump is not good. Can not take off and fly in agressive style, only passive style - that's why jumps are not differentiated of style and technique.
As I said before, It's not physically possible to affect the flying angle as aggressively as it could be done in DSJ3 after the ski jumper has already taken off, so DSJ3 was pretty unrealistic in this sense. Different kind of attack angle during the early flight is a result of different kind of takeoff which in turn would be too difficult to control.

With regards to different kind of flying styles, the player would basicly have to control also the pelvis angle independently of the ski angle, which would also be extremely difficult and one mouse wouldn't simply be enough for that! :lol:
pepsiman89

Post by pepsiman89 »

Jussi Koskela wrote: one mouse wouldn't simply be enough for that! :lol:

think again Jussi :lol:
Mystikal

Post by Mystikal »

Right now we are flying like Matti Hautamaeki / George Spaeth, or even worse than that. It's not pretty to watch them fly and the current flight position is pretty passive. It would be better if you could chose what position is the best for your jump style. I want to fly like Kranjec as he is the best flyer out there.

But other than that I like the game.
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

damn it people you really think its a day or two to make a different style ??? grow up and stop wining because we just got the best ski jumping game ever ! and it is possibly the best game for me ever.

DSJ has the most complex and realisitc physisc in a ski jumping game ever and people are still crying about it lookin bad
:x this makes me really angry... I go to a computer school so I know a bit about proggraming and belive me - it isnt as easy as every one thinks it is

thank you..
Konsta Siivola

Post by Konsta Siivola »

For now, the flying position is the same kind as a normal ski jumpers one.. If you wanted to fly like the best flying hill jumpers, you would have to take off with a different style. For example Kranjec points his takeoff aggressively forward and he has another kind of flight because of that. It might be good in flying hills but if you want to jump high and long in normal (HS about 120-145m) hills, you have to do the takeoff like now. I think it's very realistic now.. Compared to DSJ4 Beta, DSJ3:s takeoff and flight is completely unrealistic. I don't understand why people want to fly like that..
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Konsta Siivola wrote: I don't understand why people want to fly like that..
Maybe because they are so used to flying head lower than feet (=unrealistic) in DSJ3? :wink:
dzamper

Post by dzamper »

Jussi Koskela wrote:flying head lower than feet (=unrealistic)

;)
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

its just Janda and a few few others so stop this nonsens please
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Please, no!!! So just jump Janda!!! Silhouette of a Jumper is definitely a very flat!!! Look for other styles of jumpers!!! Jussi, please do not change the silhouette of the jumper!!!
mask

Post by mask »

hmmm..... maybe Kranjec or Koch-style jumping?
Kranjec: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkWmx2zJzK8
Koch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxlCeMbW694

;)
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

STYLE SHOULD BE SO, WHAT MOST JUMPERS, SO AS IS NOW !!! STYLES OF INDIVIDUAL JUMPERS, ITS A NONSENSE !!!
Severin

Post by Severin »

I think most of the people here don't want a Kranjec or koch fliying style, but still if you look at an average of the Top20 in the current world cup the space between ski and human is less than in DSJ. It's not that much, but a slight change to a more forward leaning jumper would be nice. I'm talking only about the flying part of the jump now, the takoff looks fine as it is now.

But anyway I'm definitely happier with the situation as it is now compared to DSJ3... But there's always room for improvement :)