Question about ski jumpers

Technical support for DSJ4.
sb103

Question about ski jumpers

Post by sb103 »

Hi
it's not about importing from DSJ3.
I have question, if I'll create ski jumpers and teams now,will they work in DSJ4 final ?.
I'm asking because I want to make a lot of ski jumpers and official teams for all.
Thanks for answer
docfu84

Post by docfu84 »

Hi All!
Got another questions about ski jumpers! maybe i'm to stupid, but how can i create cpu jumpers???
if i create a new jumper, i can controll him just myself, i can't choose cpu like in dsj 3!
is it not available in beta, or i have to do it in some different way?
thx for help!
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Ski jumpers from beta will work also in the final version. CPU players are currently not available and I won't promise them for the final version either. They can't be simulated the same way as in DSJ3 as the waiting time would be too long due to more complex physics.
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

Jussi ... no disrespect, but you're making things too complicated in regards to CPU jumpers. :roll:

CPU jumpers won't be realistic anyway. Hell, they are CPU jumpers! :wink:

Make it simple: Take a few factors like wind, k-size and a random skill facor - and there you go. The skill is set by the player when creating the CPU players (maybe 5 different skill classes). Then you only need to figure out the "right" values for that random skill facor. Any by random skill factor I mean that e.g. skill class "pro" has a random value of 1.5 to 2.0, skill class "beginner" has a random value of 0.1 to 0.5 or something. Do you understand what I mean? Plain and simple - but very effective! Calculation of CPU jumps should go as fast as in DSJ2 and everyone can enjoy single player World Cup events again.

There you go: Problem solved ... for free! :wink:
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
HexTheRex

Well

Post by HexTheRex »

If it's very difficult to make CPU jumpers, just use the resources to make the game itself more realistic :D But the decision is yours :)
- Heikki Haikonen
- Age 19
- Never used cheating

DSJ2:
- Total Length: 5260,23

DSJ3:
- Total Length 7795,67 (Finnish Record, World 4th)
- 15 Finnish records
- F3 view

DSJ4:
- Total Length 1271,97
- Online rating 1756 (WR!!!)

DSJ SuperTotal: 14326,69m
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

EyTschej wrote:Jussi ... you're making things too complicated
Make it simple
Take a few factors (...) - and there you go.
Then you only need to figure out the "right" values...
Do you understand what I mean?
Plain and simple - but very effective!
Calculation of CPU jumps should go as fast as in DSJ2
There you go: Problem solved!

:shock:

I always wonder why Jussi hasn't hired you for DSJ4 yet.
Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

Would be nice if CPU jumpers will be added someday. I liked to jump world cups against computer jumpers in DSJ3, although there was some problems (huge wind changes between jumpers and CPU jumper's poor level in good conditions). Wind problem is already corrected in DSJ4.
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

Well they almost all fall too often... so, if dsj3 good jumpers take powerial jump, is the wrong at dsj4... and so one my hopes (also cpu in top lists) is not cam...

Well... at seems i will jump at about lot again... and that not good :I how i can make my jumps better and better if there isnt challange?!
...Selection in progress...
mateo33

Post by mateo33 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:Ski jumpers from beta will work also in the final version. CPU players are currently not available and I won't promise them for the final version either. They can't be simulated the same way as in DSJ3 as the waiting time would be too long due to more complex physics.
This game will lose the charm, if not we will be able to jump from a virtual computer players in the world cup.

In addition, when we create a computer player should be able to select their favorite hill. For example, Malysz - Zakopane, Wisla, Oslo.
Pujio

Post by Pujio »

CPU players will not ?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: TRAGEDY!!!! ;////////////
pepsiman89

Post by pepsiman89 »

i aswell think the game would lose in popularitiy if there were no CPU jumpers. but well, its still Jussi's choice whether they will be ingame or not. i hope they will. ive always loved doing offline competitions against CPU players.
Daniel84

Post by Daniel84 »

I think most players had great fun to play a world cup season or a 4 hill tournament with CPU players. And now with real hills, that would be even more fun! So please try to integrate CPU-players cause it's one of the main points that made the game so succesful. And if it would take too long to simulate all the jumps, just refer it to a formula that calculates a realistic number for every jumper, dependent on the strenght of each player, the wind etc. It's not neccessary to see the jumps of CPU, but just see the points of each one of them so that you can simulate a realistic world cup event...
sb103

Post by sb103 »

yeah 4 hills would be amazing + Skiflying Worldcup mmm :)
I also don't need to see cpu jumps. Of course I can live without cpu jumpers, but with cpu dsj4 would be more awesome.
Anyway for now really great job jussi with this ver. hills, physics, graphic are great :)
Vik

Post by Vik »

Please implement CPU jumpers. But we don't need to watch their jumps...
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

Come to think of it, I believe that Jussi's comments on the complexity of CPU jumpers was not in regards to simply "getting results", but to actually simulate their jumps so players can watch. That's probably the big misunderstanding between Jussi and me when I suggested my "simple formula" to calculate CPU jumpers' jumps. :wink:

Sometimes less is more - this is a perfect example, I think. We don't need to see CPU jumpers, we only want to see their results :wink:

The only situation, and I mean the oooooonly situation in which I could think of wanting to see CPU jumpers, would be after the competition in a celebration ceremony standing on the podium left and right of me :wink:
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog