Struggeling ...

Discussion about the hill records, jumping techniques and replays.
Thalamus

Struggeling ...

Post by Thalamus »

Hi !

I wonder if anyone could supply me with some recordings of "ok" jumps with wind from behind. I'm often 30 meter++ behind you guys when the wind is from behind - and I feel like I've tried everything I can come up with. So, I would really appreciate if anyone of you could supply me with some recordings that I could study to compare with mine.

Thank you in advance ...
Thalamus

Post by Thalamus »

*** BUMP ***

I know that you seldom do recs of just with wind from behind ... but, couldn't any of you which manage to get wins no matter where the wind comes from make a recording or two for me. I learned alot from Torstein's recordings - but, those are ofc. only his hill records - with perfect wind conditions.

I can't seem to find recordings other than personal bests ...
Severin

Post by Severin »

well, what is a good jump for you...

what would you like to jump with constant 3 m/s from behind in slovenia for example?
I don't think i got any good backwind jumps myself, but if I make one, I'll save it for you ;)

You should just try to jump a little bit less aggressive, especially in the first phase of the jump, but also try not to be too far behind the skis...

And probably most important, less movement in the air, when the wind comes from behind... that works for me... not perfect, but ok
Thalamus

Post by Thalamus »

Thank you severin for you response.

How long i want with 3 m/s from behind ? well, the answer is somewhere near the rest of the bunch. I'm having trouble getting to the first critical red line in almost every jump, while the wind is from behind.

Online today I asked, and the answer sounded very much like what you describe here. But, then again - I would love to see how much you push after takeoff and how hesitant you guys are pushing while in flight. I'm quite pleased with myself when the wind is from the front. Not the best jumper by far -- but so good that I enjoy the game while playing online. When the wind is from behind, its a whole different thing. I get angry at myself - trying for hours offline, but, can't seem to find out what I'm doing wrong.

So, basically, I want some help, by a recording where the wind is from behind and it is a semi good jump. Don't need to be awesome - above average would be great though.

Thank again ....
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Thalamus wrote:So, basically, I want some help, by a recording where the wind is from behind and it is a semi good jump. Don't need to be awesome - above average would be great though.

Thank again ....
Hi :)

I've uploaded 4 replays from old competitions where we had to use backwind-conditions. Not much but maybe it will help:
http://www.torstenwinkler.de/dsj/backwind.zip

2 Jumps on GER with -4m/s and a length around 240m
2 Jumps on HUN with -1,5.. 2 ms/s and a length around 110

Good luck!
Torsten
Thalamus

Post by Thalamus »

Hugs and kisses to you Torstein ...

Now I get all your good and bad recs on my HD. As I said - learn by watching your recordings.

Very much appreciated - thank you !
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Thalamus wrote:Hugs and kisses to you Torstein ...
:shock:
Severin

Post by Severin »

:lol:
onkelsmerte

Post by onkelsmerte »

love is in teh air!
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

hmm... weel.. lets... and now i think: why i havent let it save these...
but anyway... behind at mee? maybe these white lines... centerilly... and some highersscored (long jumps at my top 10 hawe make at wind isnt behind or even cam ahead( and always or usualy at same (to left, if look at form hill))
...Selection in progress...
Jericho

Post by Jericho »

EgyLynx wrote:hmm... weel.. lets... and now i think: why i havent let it save these...
but anyway... behind at mee? maybe these white lines... centerilly... and some highersscored (long jumps at my top 10 hawe make at wind isnt behind or even cam ahead( and always or usualy at same (to left, if look at form hill))
hehe :D what??
Ski-Stars Summer grand prix Dsj4 champion 2012

Up the irons
goldcz

Post by goldcz »

Just the thing I was looking for, some backwind replays! Thanx!