have u cheated?

Discussion about the hill records, jumping techniques and replays.

Have you ever cheated on DSJ 3 to beat Hill records?

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2007, 15:11

Yes!
20%
Nope :)
73%
What is cheating??
7%

Total votes: 45

zonaren

have u cheated?

Post by zonaren »

hey all,
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I remember several years ago playing DSJ2 on my friend's aging Pentium 166. The behaviour of the jumper would be really strange. It could go superslow towards the jump and then suddenly get a burst of speed, resulting in me being almost on the ground before clicking the mouse. Other times it would stay slow for longer periods and it really helped get longer distances, but I never thought people would actually be able to control these slowdowns to use them as an advantage. Damn cheating chickens.
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

This poll is suggesting the use of a SloMo-Tool would be a bad, bad thing. It isn't asking for any reasons ...

Most (maybe all) of the players using such tools would probably prefer not to use them. But as long as it is/was possible, you had to "cheat" too if you wanted to be one of the best players, because it wasn't possible to make a proof if any jumps/records were done with or without such a tool! That's it ...
Ats

Post by Ats »

I used the program with one other ski jumping game (which name i am not going mention :d) a long long time ago.
DSJ4 beta-2 will be released this month! Click here for information:
http://dsj4center.blogspot.com
Last update: 6th March
Janski

Post by Janski »

Never had and never will...... 8)
Ehkä hyppään... Ehkä en.....
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

Torsten wrote:This poll is suggesting the use of a SloMo-Tool would be a bad, bad thing. It isn't asking for any reasons ...

Most (maybe all) of the players using such tools would probably prefer not to use them. But as long as it is/was possible, you had to "cheat" too if you wanted to be one of the best players, because it wasn't possible to make a proof if any jumps/records were done with or without such a tool! That's it ...
It IS a bad, bad thing! It's bad sportsmanship! Simple as that. It isn't less bad because others use it.

The list of world records as it stands today is totally uninteresting because we all know they were achieved by cheating. I say delete all records achieved before the newest version of dsj! (AFAIK it's not possible to use that slomo-program with the newest version).
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Grufugl wrote:It IS a bad, bad thing! It's bad sportsmanship! Simple as that. It isn't less bad because others use it.
It would be if somebody used it privily ... but all knew about that and (maybe i'm repeating) all wanted to make this SloMo impossible ...
Grufugl wrote:The list of world records as it stands today is totally uninteresting because we all know they were achieved by cheating. I say delete all records achieved before the newest version of dsj! (AFAIK it's not possible to use that slomo-program with the newest version).
AFAYK :idea:
But it is still possible! So resetting the list wouldn't help .. only online the cheat-prevention seems to work ... offline not!
So there should be a standalone online-recordlist. This would be the only list i trust (by now)
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

Torsten wrote: AFAYK :idea:
But it is still possible! So resetting the list wouldn't help .. only online the cheat-prevention seems to work ... offline not!
So there should be a standalone online-recordlist. This would be the only list i trust (by now)
Well, if that is true, I agree: A list of online records. And I say delete the rest.
As many others I will feel sorry for my hard gained pesrsonal rec's, gathered through hours and hours of offline jumping, but I don't see any other options if we shall get rid of cheating.
And if we want listing at all we have to get rid of cheating, because todays lists are useless anyway; we don't know who has cheated. There is no way of knowing where you would be on todays lists if the cheaters were erased.
taf

Post by taf »

grufugl: you forgot something :!: me and other players who havent payed for online mode must their own record list cuz i paid for dsj3 and i wont to have a record list even if i dont play in online mode so better thing two records list. Why shouldnt we have a record list if we buy dsj like 2 years ago and we wont play online mode :idea:
BODI

CHEATING

Post by BODI »

First of all,I never had and will cheat.
I say,who cheats,he can lie to all the others,but himself.
If anyone knows abaut cheater,he should report to Jussi who will take actions.
Suggestion to Jussi-erase cheaters records :evil:

All fer jumpers have a nice wind :D
Get movin´ ;)
Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

No, I haven't and never will.
romek

Post by romek »

Soo - I'm cheater - and if you want know my opinion DSJ without slowmo is a one of thousand same games... If I'll try relax for few minutes or check my reflex I have many "shooting" games - I don't need one more. Sorry - DSJ full speed means (for me) - no thinking, no analysing, no looking for, no patience - means NOTHING (or, if you want: hazard, luck - just game). Yes - I'm old, nonereform cheater
Juha Hietakangas

Post by Juha Hietakangas »

Romek???? I´d guess that you dont play any game without a cheat? Then you would not have the joy of succes in any game... When you play your shoot-out games and use cheat that makes you invincible do you REALLY think after finishing the game that YOU have WIN???? Guess I´m wrong....

Good that there are many serious jumpers there. And I love to lose to you in online. But someday somenight I will win you all :lol: :lol: :lol: :?
Let it slide
Severin

Post by Severin »

Juha Hietakangas wrote:Romek???? I´d guess that you dont play any game without a cheat? Then you would not have the joy of succes in any game... When you play your shoot-out games and use cheat that makes you invincible do you REALLY think after finishing the game that YOU have WIN???? Guess I´m wrong....

Good that there are many serious jumpers there. And I love to lose to you in online. But someday somenight I will win you all :lol: :lol: :lol: :?

:roll:

You just proved that you have absolutely no idea...

where's the difference between a competition with slomo, and one without?
Yes, there ain't one, it's still competition...

And this is what DSJ was always about, but somehow it's losing this spirit... :(
Domin

Post by Domin »

Romek is right.
If someone wants to beat records- he needs slowdown.
If i want to play with my friends or online, then i dont use it.
Slowdown is only supplement for game, NOT cheat.
---------------------------------------------
Dominik Domin Machowiak