Possible?

Discussion about the hill records, jumping techniques and replays.
Trygve

Possible?

Post by Trygve »

A couple of questions:

1. As to the world records listed on this site. Take for instance Slovenia: 328.11m! Is that really possible to achieve without some kind of cheating? I mean, a few times I've been just above 300m, which means that I've landed far out of the hill, on completely plain ground. Realistically, both my legs should have broken. If you jump almost 330m meters, you should surley die instantly. These records seem a bit too heavy too me, compared to the hill sizes ...

2. I can neither transfer the world records to my game or my hill records to this site. The only message I get is "Check your internet connection". As far as I know, there's nothing wrong with my internet connection. Any ideas as to what I can do to make it work?

(Sorry if these things already have been discussed in another thread. I don't have the time to read it all right now ...)
Last edited by Trygve on 28 Feb 2007, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
BODI

Post by BODI »

My record in Slovenija is 314m,and is 100% without any cheating.
The world record,like all are,saddly,328m is 100% WITH CHEATING!
Get movin´ ;)
Trygve

Post by Trygve »

What kind of cheating?

314m - it must have been one heck of jump, but it's totally unrealistic. I enjoy the game, but I find it rather ridiculous that it's possible to do a perfect telemark landing on plain ground. In a real jump you would certainly be unable to avoid a fall and probably suffer serious injuries if you got enough speed and wind to jump out of the hill and onto the outrun. It's not like it's supposed to be some kind of fantasy game ...
BODI

Post by BODI »

314 m was for me an a exelent jump,result of a lot training.
Cheating-as far as I read in this forum,exsists "slowmo" tool,it slows the game down araund 15% so you easier take the right take of and maintaine perfect position in the air.And there is another so cold "sev bug".This is mistake in the game,discovered by Severin,when,if you do it right,you are able to bounce from land area,so you can prolong the jump.
But you are right with telemark,the game allows it for the extreme lenghts too,if you do it early enough.
Get movin´ ;)
Severin

Post by Severin »

well, the thing is on what you transfer the word "cheating" because there exists nothing like a wind editor...

It's just the possibilities the game itself offered...
Mystikal

Post by Mystikal »

Severin wrote:well, the thing is on what you transfer the word "cheating" because there exists nothing like a wind editor...

It's just the possibilities the game itself offered...
dont tell me slowdown isnt cheating :roll:
Severin

Post by Severin »

well, it just lies in the point of view...

If you tell slomo is cheating then any of the records over the past few years were also cheated, cause already in DSJ2 all the top jumpers used slowmotion tools ( except for romek, ok, but he performed on a Pentium 150Mhz ;) )

And that is what made the spirit of Deluxe Ski Jump, the hunt for centimeters, the hunt for perfection.
The Use of a Slomo tool was never to prove, and no one would ever been competitive without using it, thus everyone used it, and it never killed the game...

But don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to meeting a complete bugless version, where no slomotion works, no matter on which system, and no records jumped with any bug work... AND with a complete resetted offline record list. Because online mode is of course a nice feature, but it should not replace the classic record based classification system of Deluxe Ski Jump...

Greets
Mystikal

Post by Mystikal »

Severin wrote: And that is what made the spirit of Deluxe Ski Jump, the hunt for centimeters, the hunt for perfection.
See, this is whats wrong with the competition now. With slowmo programs, all jump almost the same lenght and the centimeters decides who wins. Without it, it would be the hunt for meters instead.
BODI

Post by BODI »

[quote="Severin"]

AND with a complete resetted offline record list. Because online mode is of course a nice feature, but it should not replace the classic record based classification system of Deluxe Ski Jump...

Well,I think,that online record list should change the offline list.
Simply because that is the only way to have records without cheating.

And the game would be more exiting and 100% fer because of that.
The players,who are without online mode,still have local records.
Get movin´ ;)
Bart

Post by Bart »

Here you have some answers : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENvg8nK8DaM
See, this is whats wrong with the competition now. With slowmo programs, all jump almost the same lenght and the centimeters decides who wins. Without it, it would be the hunt for meters instead.
Not true, whatever where is problem with cm diffrents ? You should better see old-DSJ 2 record list(not now) BTW Rekord lists its not the same like competotion like in ONLINE GAME.
Last edited by Bart on 04 Mar 2007, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.
Mystikal

Post by Mystikal »

problem with the hunt of centimeres, is because with slowdown, all jump so good and almost the same... :shock: u didnt see this??????? :shock: :shock:
Bart

Post by Bart »

Hmm i don't know how many good jumps in dsj3 you saw. Jumps are similar but not the same, you cant' copy jump, important is wind too, and dsj 3 is not a real jumping its not the same like Malysz and Ahonen two diffrent weghits hights, invidual technique . In game you have got the same jumper( same engine). And even on presented move you have diffrent jumps, but on Slovenia didn't exist other flight parabola ( and slovenia its for sure not good example to show that jumps can be much diffrent)
Severin

Post by Severin »

but even on slovenia it was some kind of different when bolas did that 323, he jumpes quite different than the ones before him ;)

Mystikal, excuse but, why do you want a game where there lie worlds between number 1 and number 2, in fact it is ( was) exactly the fact that the gaps were so close that made DSJ so interesting... :roll:

And no, the jumps were absolutely not the same, not even 2 of them...
Soppa

Post by Soppa »

I know it's probably impossible or at least a lot of work to create an offline version of the game which detects the cheating with the slowmo tool or any other cheat for that matter, but if Jussi would be able to release such a version of the DSJ3 (or even a version with somekind of offline cheat detection), I think that the world record list should just be resetted. It's absolutely ridiculous for gamers who play legit, there is no chance in hell to reach the world records while playing the game how it is intended to, sure you can get pretty close, but for WR, not a chance.
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Soppa wrote:I know it's probably impossible or at least a lot of work to create an offline version of the game which detects the cheating with the slowmo tool or any other cheat for that matter, but if Jussi would be able to release such a version of the DSJ3 (or even a version with somekind of offline cheat detection), I think that the world record list should just be resetted. It's absolutely ridiculous for gamers who play legit, there is no chance in hell to reach the world records while playing the game how it is intended to, sure you can get pretty close, but for WR, not a chance.
The Version V1.5 already detects SlowMo-Cheat-Tools!
But the problem is: you can still use V1.4 with SlowMo and after jumping update to V1.5 just for sending the records ... hopefully Jussi has some idea to prevent this for the next version and then a reset of the recordlists would make sense, too ;)