Lukas Bauer: Ramsau HS98 - Summer Cup

Discussion about ski jumping.
SuperAdo111

Lukas Bauer: Ramsau HS98 - Summer Cup

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Hi guys! Firstly, welcome to first DSJ4 story. In short, this story will follow young guy named Lukas Bauer, and show his jumps/form/life.I hope this is right part of forum , and that this won't be deleted (for any reason). So, we can start with presentation and important details. Thanks for reading.

Presentation of Lukas Bauer

- Name: Lukas
- Surname: Bauer
- Date of birth: 04.02.1998
- Nationality: Austrian

So, hi guys, Lukas here! Firstly , i want to tell few words about this. This is my blog and it talks about my career as ski jumper.
I grow up in big winter-sport city, called Innsbruck. Of course, it is expected that i made my first jumps on 130HS hill in Innsbruck, but no. I always was reclused type of person, so i wanted to train with myself, without any "professional" trainers. It was tough path, but i think i made right decision. My main hill was actually K40 hill , in nearby town.

Dad was driving me there almost every day and was giving me advice. He was my biggest support. Anyway, i trained every day. I am training every day. I will train every day. There's no holiday, there's only part of year where i don't go to school and where i am more practisting. That's me, and you're reading my blog. Path to greatness.

Growing up and earlier results

Well, i started jumping when i was 5. My current PB is 140 meters at ski jumping hill of Kligenthal. It was year ago. I prefer sky flying, since i enjoy large hills!

Had few calls from young national squad of Austria, but i decided to refuse, since i am still not ready for that. I have to practise more! I can do more.

Plans for future

Well, as everyone, i have some plans for future. My plans are to find my name on FIS Ski Jumping World Cup starlist, and after that , maybe even reaching podium or win.

But, as my main plan i set winning Flying World Cup championship. That's really part of ski jumping where i am best, and i feel i have physical and psychological predispositions for that.

-----

That's all for now, see ya in next few posts where i'll present my calendar/future plans/results etc.
Last edited by SuperAdo111 on 25 Nov 2013, 17:06, edited 3 times in total.
SuperAdo111

Re: Lukas Bauer: First DSJ story

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Calendar for 2013/2014

Summer

Image - Ramsau K90 - HS98 - July 18th
Image - Villach K90 - HS98 - August 13th
Image - Saalfelden K85 - HS95 - August 28th

Winter

Image - Innsbruck K120 - HS130 - October 27th
Image - Bischofshofen K125 - HS140 - November 15th
Image - Seefeld K99 - HS109 - November 29th
Image - Eisenerz K90 - HS100 - December 20th
Image - Bad Mitterndorf K185 - HS200 - January 7th
Image - Stams K105 - HS115 - February 4th
Image - Saalfelden K85 - HS95 February 20th
Image - Ramsau K90 - HS98 March 1st
Last edited by SuperAdo111 on 24 Nov 2013, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Results

2013 Summer Cup

Image - Ramsau HS98 - 4th
Last edited by SuperAdo111 on 25 Nov 2013, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Season Presentation

Heyah! Lukas again. It's currently 1st April and it's time for new seasons presentation and calendar. Calendar is available in 2nd post.
This season, i'll parcipate in Austrian National Ski Jumping Cup. It's actually competition for U17 guys which showed some talent before. I am glad that i am one of them.

So, only Austrian guys can parcipate in it. I know some of these guys below from before's competitions , and here is full list of ANSJC for 2013/2014 season.

Image - Clemens Zauner
Image - David Koch
Image - Jonathan Gausser
Image - Julian Fettner
Image - Luca Hoffman
Image - Lukas Bauer
Image - Lukas Lang
Image - Mario Eder
Image - Maximillian Schneider
Image - Michael Hofer
Image - Mike Wimmer
Image - Moritz Morgerstern
Image - Nico Lechner
Image - Noah Koller
Image - Patrick Steiner
Image - Phillip Gruber
Image - Raphael Wolf
Image - Robert Gruber
Image - Sebastian Schmidt
Image - Simon Leitner
Image - Stefan Muller
Image - Thobias Fischer
Image - Thomas Huber
Image - Tim Winkler
Image - Tim Fuchs

So , that's all for now. See ya in next report! ;)
SuperAdo111

Re: Lukas Bauer: Ramsau HS98 - Summer Cup

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Hey guys, many of you asked me (PM, via Facebook...) what's this actually? So , this is actually story, talking about Lukas Bauer (fictional guy) and his "path to greatness". So it actually shows his first ski jumping steps (from 15 years) to actually being CoC and WC jumper after developing and being a bit older. I think it's fine now. If anyone has something to ask, post here.
And , feel free to comment!

Ramsau HS98 - Summer Cup

Hill Size: HS 98
K-Point: 90 m
Hill record: 101.0 m (Daito Takahashi JPN, 2005-12-17, NC-WC)
Summer hill record: 100.5 m (Gregor Schlierenzauer AUT, 2006-10-14, N-AUT)
Image - From 0.1 to 0.6 in negative.

My first competition will be in Ramsau , at biggest W90 Schanze ski jumping hill. These 3 jumps will be my first official jumps in this category. I am so excited!

Qualifications

So, here i am! After 4 guys jumped, i am next. I am so excited, maybe even too much. Let's go!

I pushed away from the ramp, and my jump was ready to start. At some point at inrun i felt that my knees buckle i bit. At that point i realised that i am scared a bit...
"No time to think, Lukas, you have to takeoff in few moments" - i told to myself. And , takeoff moment was close. Poof! That was nice takeoff, now style, c'mon , you can do that. Just don't fall, don't injury. In a moment , i landed. I think it was from about 93 to 95 meters. Solid for qualifications. Here are results.

Villach HS98 Qualification Results

Code: Select all

Rank  Bib   Name                     Nation         Length       Points   Qualified
1.    8     Mike Wimmer              AUT           99.56 m        137.5           q
2.    24    Raphael Wolf             AUT           99.05 m        136.5           q
      25    Julian Fetner            AUT           99.16 m        136.5           q
4.    12    Thomas Huber             AUT           98.54 m        136.0           q
5.    22    Maximillian Schneider    AUT           98.20 m        134.5           q
13.   7     Lukas Bauer              AUT           95.12 m        128.5           q
It could be better, but hey, that's my first jump and i finished mid-table. Niiiiiice. Here is video of that qualification jump, so take a look on it!

First Round

After nice jump at Qualifications and few great test-jumps few hours ago, i am ready for my first jump in official competition. I am not so scared anymore, but of course that i have positive stage frigh. 12 guys already jumped, and results are quite good so far. Don't know if i am going to be in TOP10 after first round, but later about that, i must start now. Faaaah, i started.
From the start i felt that something is strange with my right leg. I just could not keep it in mold for skies. It was trying to go out, but i controlled it somehow.

Really solid takeoff! Had control of my jump 'till very end, so i am happy. Let's fastly look at scoreboard. Wow! That's 98,77 meters and 2nd place, right behind Gausser who had unbeliavabely good result, 100,38 meters. Almost got record. My 1st Rounds' jump is available here:

Next 12 guys jumped and i was still 2nd. Wow, what a pressure on me. Can i keep myself on podium after 2nd round?

Second Round

Big pressure on me. Huuh , i need good jump once again. If i can only repeat first's jump, that would be perfect. I am going off tower now, have to hurry up. It's my turn.
23 guys jumped, and only me and Jonathan are here. I can set off! Nicely done inrun and takeoff part of jump, now i have to focus on style and landing.

Style was perfect, landing even better. Aaand, 2x20! Woohoo! This was a bit worser than first jump, but most important is final result now. Can i reach TOP5 with this quite disappoiting 2nd jump?
Before posting results, take a look at my 2nd Round's jump here:

Soo, here are final results:

Villach HS98 Competition Final Results

Rank  Bib   Name                     Nation       1st jump     2nd jump       Points
1.    12    Thomas Huber             AUT           97.61 m      99.09 m        269.5
      19    Sebastian Schmidt        AUT           98.89 m      99.36 m        269.5
3.    6     Simon Leitner            AUT           97.08 m      98.45 m        269.0
4.    7     Lukas Bauer              AUT           98.77 m      97.34 m        268.0
5.    13    Thobias Fischer          AUT           96.09 m      98.74 m        265.5
Ooh , only 1 point far from podium and 2nd place, but well , 4th is great for my debut! Let's now take a look on Austrian National Ski Jumping Cup standings after 1st hill:

Standings After 1/3 Hills

Rank  Name                     Nation       I    II   III     Points
1.    Sebastian Schmidt        AUT          1     -     -        100
      Thomas Huber             AUT          1     -     -        100
3.    Simon Leitner            AUT          -     -     1         60
4.    Lukas Bauer              AUT          -     -     -         50
5.    Thobias Fischer          AUT          -     -     -         45
SuperAdo111

Re: Lukas Bauer: Season Presentation

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Also i need suggestion. Should i keep these screenshots , or just have video? Since it's a bit long right now (IMO).
CalinStelistu

Post by CalinStelistu »

Keep them.
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

Has Lukas Bauer retired?