Weird behaviour of wind (not similar as Risto's situation)

Bugs in DSJ4.
Maciejo-96

Weird behaviour of wind (not similar as Risto's situation)

Post by Maciejo-96 »

That behaviour I can find only sometimes when I get good wind conditions to do record-hunting. For example:

Bad Mitterndorf HS200
Gate 2
Maximal wind: 2.5 m/s
Minimal wind: 0.9 m/s
Average wind: 1.7 m/s

Sapporo HS134
Gate 8
Maximal wind: 2.3 m/s
Minimal wind: 0.8 m/s
Average wind: 1.55 m/s

That's pretty irritating. In training mode with changing average wind to 2.0 m/s maximal wind is 2.5 m/s, so +0.5 m/s. And we probably got then -0.75 m/s but sometimes can be 1.1 m/s, which is annoying. Similar situation is hardlier with other types of wind, for example sometimes when I get backwind 1.3 m/s from pretty low startgate (almost medium or medium), it can go to 0.1 m/s and move.

Next irritating thing is hard to find good wind conditions in Klingenthal. Too often from gate 14 (+1) I get wind similar to wind from gate 15. And we have 12 gates to use in World Cup mode, from 13 to 25, so finding great wind from gate 14 should be quite easier.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
davisp

Re: Weird behaviour of wind (not similar as Risto's situatio

Post by davisp »

Yeah... finding good wind totally kills the fun for record hunting. I don't know what hill it was exactly. But I was looking for gate 7 or 8 or something... because only there you get the good wind. And I got 7 times in a row gate 10 :evil:

and once you got good conditions... 5 jumpers later you can have shit conditions with 1.3 or something
World Record Holder for 5 minutes
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

That's probably Kuopio. Variety of wind conditions from gate 10 is quite big, because the highest gate in WC mode is 13. Differences in speeds from gate higher than 8 and +1 gate are about 0.6 km/h.
davisp

Post by davisp »

Maciej: May I ask you how long it takes for you to find the right conditions? So what's the average time you spend for finding the right conditions, which are good enough to jump a new PB?
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

davisp wrote:Maciej: May I ask you how long it takes for you to find the right conditions? So what's the average time you spend for finding the right conditions, which are good enough to jump a new PB?
Maximally 1 hour. :P

But it's a bit more difficult to find it faster because average time of loading a hill on my PC is about 8-10 seconds.
davisp

Post by davisp »

Argh. Yeah... Searching for wind really sucks. I would still prefer a Record-Hunt-Mode. With current WR gate and wind from 1,8 to 2,5. But as far as I know Jussi is totally against it :(