camera settings/mouse settings

Technical support for DSJ4.
Thomas Bernauer

camera settings/mouse settings

Post by Thomas Bernauer »

hello there,
i love to jump with F3, but im experiencing some issues...
1. Is there a way to local save camera settings on hdd, for backup? to which file cam settings are saved to?
Love to jump with F3, but while looking for the perfect camera angle, i cant compare new angle on different hills
without ruining my present one (there is no F13 like F11/F12 for F1/F2)...
meanwhile i have all my PBs with different angles, but cant remember camera settings and now have messed it up many times
2. is camera movement/path different on various hills (for F3)?
3. is there a way to invert mouse (for third person view from behind)? background-tools are only working in the menu (sucks twice :p)
4. is there a difference between ctrl + mouse and alt + mouse for camera settings (like mentioned in the description)

thank you in advance
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: camera settings/mouse settings

Post by Jussi Koskela »

1. Ctrl-F saves camera settings to your player profile at <User>\Files\Deluxe Ski Jump 4\Players\Your Player.plr
2. The angle of the camera is relative to the angle of ground below the ski jumper (with some smoothing), so it adapts to each hill the same way.
3. There's no built-in way to do that.
4. Yes, alt is for distance and ctrl for angle.
Thomas Bernauer

Re: camera settings/mouse settings

Post by Thomas Bernauer »

thx Jussi for making that clear, helps alot...
damn zoom :) always did alt + scrollwheel.... doh
addition: always change cam settings on the same hill (for f3), coz there are different "start"angles on varios hills and therefore u will mess it up like i did many times