Graphic problems

Technical support for DSJ4.
Jan Olsen

Graphic problems

Post by Jan Olsen »

i, Jussi, or anybody else that might hold a clue to my problem.
And the problem is as follows; I run DSJ, latest version, on multiple computers, stationaries as laptops, win 7 and win 8. State of the art, really. I 7 Intel cpu's, even my laptop has 32Gb Memory, from geforce 680580,Radeon HD 6870.

Still I quite often keep getting repeated twitches and tremors in my graphics, sometims the picture/screen twitches so much that jumping is akward...

Any suggestions. Btw, I have tried adjusting all settings to lowes, turning off all necessary processes in windows, but to no use...

Yes, it has been a problem over the last releases for my part. And allso for a friend that is playing DSJ....same problems....

And, just a small/minor last irritating fact that can probably easily be fixed. It should NOT be possible to get 1 or mor times 20 style points when you land barely half way down the hill...In real life you can forget such points in a short jump...IUt should not be possible in DSJ neighter....(my point of view ) :-)

Best Regards and hoping for answers :-)

Jan
J.O
Maciejo-96

Re: Graphic problems

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Try to reinstall your graphics drivers and/or game.

When I had problems with graphics (often jamming), I was trying to do it, but nothing helped. I fixed this problem after changing in my PC an WiFi adapter and wireless card.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Make also sure that you don't have other programs running in the background.
Jan Olsen

Post by Jan Olsen »

Thx for relays, gentlemen :-)

Well...as I wrote...The problem repeat itself om several physical computers with different setups, but all high end installations. So reloading the game is probably no solution, as this would mean that all installations on all computers would be corrupt at the same time...which is not very probable. The same goes as to drivers. There are slim chances that ALL grafic drivers on every machine id faulty. By the way, they are in fact all up to date...So I am still in the fog here, regarding a solution...I forgot to say that all computers runs in 64 bit mode, but that should hardly be the cause of the problem....An, as I wrote, I have tried to turn all unnecessary processes off. Wether on or off seems to make no difference...So I am starting to wonder what is the reason....:-)

Kind Regards

Jan
J.O
MJumper

Post by MJumper »

I'm guessing this might not be helpful but did you try to set the lowest settings in both the in-game settings and in setup.exe? Especially, have you tried turning off anti-aliasing? For me at least, any anti-aliasing above 0 drops the framerate close to unplayable levels, but then of course, I'm running with CPU integrated graphics only... Which gives me another idea: the i7 has integrated graphics too, right? Have you made sure (in setup.exe) that you've actually configred DSJ to use your graphics card and not the integrated graphics? This is all just guessing of course. I do hope you can solve your problem :? .
Jan Olsen

Post by Jan Olsen »

Thx MJumper/Granholm for your suggestions...

Jupp, have tried all that. Did not change anything....unfortunately...

It is VERY anoying because, among other shit, it is tricking me and friends to click the mous too early when the framrate/grfic shivers and jumps just as we are on the podium...F....k...:-)
J.O
MJumper

Post by MJumper »

Maybe you should post the detailed specs of all those computers. I find it unlikely that they would all have the same problem unless there is some common factor.

By the way, here's a pretty comprehensive list of things you could check:
http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/77293 ... ssues.html

Specifically, since you said that all of those computers were running win 7/8, and the game supports directX as old as 8, I'd look at number 5 in that list. After that, I'm out of ideas. Maybe someone else can help better.