Computer switches automatically to the desktop while playing

Technical support for DSJ4.
JakubJiroutek

Computer switches automatically to the desktop while playing

Post by JakubJiroutek »

It would be no problem if this happens only in the offline-mode. The annoying thing is to loose always points when this happens. And I think it`s not a problem with the computer, because the other games are working without problems.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Computer switches automatically to the desktop while pla

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Do you have some other application running which could capture the focus?
JakubJiroutek

Post by JakubJiroutek »

Jussi Koskela wrote:Do you have some other application running which could capture the focus?
No, it just happens, and always a few meters after the jumper gets in the inrun or directly after the take-off.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I can't think of anything that could cause the problem. Is there anyone else having similar problems?
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

I have once experienced this by avast! yelling at me for updates...
That's gotta hurt.
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

Yes, me. Yesterday during the tournament, I got insane number of unexpected internal errors (more than 10 within half an hour), sometimes during the flight, sometimes while taking off. Restart didn't help. I have DSJ4 installed since the day 1 and this is the first time something like this happened. I didn't change anything in my PC except some Microsoft Windows Update updates now and then. And I'm not alone, some player from Germany reported the same in chat. Sometimes it just suddenly exits without any errors, sometimes there's an UIO, sometimes it freezes and hangs the whole system for a while and some visual runtime/ode-1.1.11 thing pops up. There has to be something triggering this, it felt like the game was interfering with something but I don't know what. ANY kind of help would be greatly appreciated. I know some users have reported similar behaviour before but without any luck on solution. As it's becoming quite an issue for more users, is it possible to inspect this a little closer? Can I run any background app which would determine what exactly went wrong?
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

As i remember windows (i'm using XP) has some way of storing all the recent logs/operations done on the cpu. I can't really remember what is it stored, but i'm sure you can google it somewhere. Then you can check what happends just before the game crashed/hangs.
Also try playing with anti-virus nad firewall disabled and check if the problem still occurs.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Martin, as far as I understood, that's not the same problem that the first poster reported. I think that he is not getting any error message (the game is just losing the focus).

It sounds that your problem is caused by external factors (as the game has not changed anyway). You could try running some memory tests and check that the computer is not overheating.
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

Thanks for the tips. Temperature's been the same for years now. I think I'll format the drive and reinstall the OS over the weekend, have been planning to do so anyway. Usually it sorts out all problems ;) There must be tons of crap in registry after 4 years (haven't reinstalled since 2008).
Is there any reliable software for memory testing you could recommend?
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

Before formating i would suggest:
- using EasyCleaner or Cclean to clean the registry, temp's n stuff
- scanning your computer with 'Combofix' (on you own risk as the welcome sign says ;) )
- launching msconfig to see what useless programs are running and might be causing the memory/system failure

As you mentioned, everythnig was running smooth so far, so proably it's some nasty software problem ;)
JakubJiroutek

Post by JakubJiroutek »

Jussi Koskela wrote:Martin, as far as I understood, that's not the same problem that the first poster reported. I think that he is not getting any error message (the game is just losing the focus).

It sounds that your problem is caused by external factors (as the game has not changed anyway). You could try running some memory tests and check that the computer is not overheating.
Yes and it`s not controllable for me. For example: On 6. February where I made my Peak-score the game worked the whole day without switching to the desktop. The day after it was horrible and I lost near 100 points in 10 min. And that was the last day I played in the World-Cup-mode.
And I have to invoke the Taskmanager, because the mouse does not react.