COC and world cup mode

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
kumy246

COC and world cup mode

Post by kumy246 »

Hi i know it's been already said that dsj4 is dead and won't be upgraid anymore but i still can give suggestion in hope that Jussi changed his mind and start developing a game again so i came at idea what if DSJ would give the COC mode (continental cup) that you would clicked like team jumping or world cup you would have a COC cup and the gates would be about 3-5 gates higher than normal cause COC is Bclass of ski jumping so the COC competitions in real life are for second ranked ski jumper as there are some amateurs playing the game... and there would be 2 records writen like offical record from world cup and the COC record which would count as real record... I must say i needed more than 2,3 years to jump over 215m now my record is 236.5m i learned jumping longer from higher gates on training, and after some time started to be better and better but i needet really long time... Many of mi friend give up with game cause they could't jump even over 200m on world cup so they stopped playing cause there's not lot of players who train that much to jump really long... so the COC cup would give 3-5gates higer so the amateurs could jump longer with long jumps they will get more happy about the game and more players will start playing it again cause they will have possibility to jump 230m at the competition and not just on training... i remember jumping in obersdorf in best wind 3years ago my personal best was about 205m in training i jumped 3gates giher and i jumped 220m... My confidence raised and i was so happy to jump that far. but when i went to jumping on competiton in world cup i was noob again and if there was COC mode i would feel the game much more and if you will the game and youre happy with long jumps you will play more and learn more too... So Jussi think about it i think it would be really good thing to add this COC competiton to the DSJ i think you don't need really much time to do this or i think you will need much less time than to make new hill please think about it and add this if it is possible :)
kumy246

Re: COC and world cup mode

Post by kumy246 »

So i were looking about every hill gate for COC cup:
in Bad Mitterndorf in good wind there could be 1gate higher in bad wind about2-3 gates higher.
in Bischofshofen hs78 2gates higher in good wind and 3 gates higher in bad wind. the 140hs 2gates higer in good wind 3 gates higher in bad wind.
in Engelberg 2gates higher in good wind 4 gates higher in bad wind
in Garmisch 2 gate higher in good wind and 3gates higher in bad wind,
in harrachov 3gates higher in bad wind and 1-2 gates higher in good wind
in klinghental 2 gates higher in good wind and 3 gates higher in bad wind
in Kuopio 1-2 max in good wind and 2-3 gates higher in bad wind,
than kuusamo in good wind max 1gate higher in bad wind 2-3 gates higher.
than lahti 1gate higher in good wind 2 gates in bad wind,
then in Lillehamer hs100 1-2 gates higher in good wind in bad wind 2-3 gates higher,
in lillehamer hs 138 1gate higher in good wind in bad wind 2 gates higher.
then obersdorf hs213 2-3 gates higher in good wind 4 gates higher in bad wind.
in Park City hs100 2gates higher in good wind and 3gates higher in bad wind, the hs134 in good wind 3gates higher in bad wind 4gates higher.
in Planica 3 gates higher in good wind in bad wind 5-8 gates higher,
in Sapporo 1 gate higher in good wind 3-4 gates higher in bad wind,
in Val di fiemme hs 106 1 gate higher in good wind, 2 gates higher in bad wind, Hs134 2gates higer in good wind 3 gates higher in bad wind
in Villach hs98 1-2 gates higher in good wind 3 gates higher in bad wind,
in Willingen max 1-2 gates higher in good wind 3gates higher in bad wind,
in Wisla 2 gates higher in good wind 3 gates higher in bad wind,
in Zakopane hs94 1-2 gates higher in good wind 2-3 gates higher in bad wind
and in Zakopane hs134 2 gates higher in good wind and 3 gates higher in bad wind.
I am really sure that would helped the learners to have fun in a little bit longer jumps aswell the pros would probalby have some fun somethimes to jump really really long. :) I think that COC mode would not be so hard to make but that change would be possitive to te game of DSJ4... So Jussi please think about it :)
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Well, I don't see that. For example, if there is 2.3-2.4 front wind in Bad Mitterndorf and higher startgate for about 2 steps, someone will jump much over 220 and will have almost no chance to stand this. Also, higher startgates won't help worse players learning to jump better, it would in my opinion even increase mistakes in jumps.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
kumy246

Post by kumy246 »

you know much over 220 would jump people who are pros who can jump in world cup 215+m someone who jumps in best condition 200-205m will enyoy this so much... i remember in my experiance when i almost give up on this game cause i could jump even close to 220m in best wind in planica or i couln't jump even close to 213m in obersdorf from 3 gates i jumped close to 220m so i improved myself you know the COC would be more for players who already can jump good but still cannot reach even close to records... you know there is so much more fun for peoples who have now 218m record in planica and will have possibility to jump 225m now in COC... they will be much happyer and they will start feeling those long jumps when you feel the game you play more and you start improving... That's my opinion...