Deluxe Ski Jump Forum

The Official Deluxe Ski Jump Forum
It is currently 13 Nov 2019, 18:06

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015, 12:48 
Offline

Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 13:05
Posts: 260
Jussi Koskela wrote:
SoBo wrote:
If it is possible ,it would be best lest in this topic said Jussi Koskela . Jussi out of respect for the players tell us what u think about that ......

About what?



Many people ask u about new , hills , new ideas , about prices etc. Give a answer as a Moderator , and DSJ 4 creator

_________________
PEAK : 1888

Online Total length 3512.26m


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015, 13:07 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 14:42
Posts: 2779
Location: Finland
SoBo wrote:
Many people ask u about new , hills , new ideas , about prices etc. Give a answer as a Moderator , and DSJ 4 creator

My previous comment about updates is still valid. So, no updates are planned.
Prices can be adjusted if there are good reasons for it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015, 13:13 
Offline

Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 13:05
Posts: 260
Maciejo-96 wrote:
akkarbelling wrote:
9.90euro instead of 11.90. I don't believe 2 euro will do any difference.

2€ netto = 2.50€ with VAT. It would make a bit of difference in Poland, it's almost 11 PLN. I write about Poland, because there is a huge number of potential buyers, who don't want to buy this game, mostly because of too big price according to game capabilities, so they really want to find pirated key. (That's why level of sales is low!)


Maciejo-96

2€ LOL :lol: . I have good Idea for u . Try do new game , lose a lot of time , then be proud of yourself so u make something really ok , and then think like this to earn some money.
And at the end , give best price (fox Example) 10 Cents € for a African people , because this is poor country :lol: .

We write about new hills , update bugs etc , but dont try write again about the price because u are a funny . Go to another country and try buy many thinks for 10€ :wink:
We should be happy if Jussi want to keep the game alive , and do something new for DSJ4 , and he change regulation and make somthing like a new DLC (new Hills) for which we will have to pay extra, on this principle work a big company like Vave , Activision and many more . They sell game , and for extra pack and add u must pay extra .


I think the only way , if Jussi Koksela can change mind about new hill and update bugs , we will have to pay for it extra . Jussi give me the answer about my idea , and players give an answer about ur opinion , so are u ready extra pay for example new Add? :o

_________________
PEAK : 1888

Online Total length 3512.26m


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015, 18:44 
Offline

Joined: 17 Aug 2012, 13:34
Posts: 1561
Location: Białystok
Jussi was writing a few times that it's not possible to make paid updates, because it's promised that updates will be for free.

In economics, there is something called 'supply', 'demand' and 'market equilibrium'. According to this, we can see that lower price = bigger number of bought keys. Just an example: maybe I'm not right, but let's use 11600 as number of bought keys by 11.90 euro netto (14.64 euro brutto), maximal number of bought keys - 50000 and maximal price - 13.90 euro netto (17.10 euro brutto). I created a diagram about this and what effects? I see market equilibrium point on price 7.90 euro with 27500 sold keys! Profits from bought keys with actual price (14.64 euro brutto) are almost 170000 euro brutto, but with equilibrium price (9.72 euro brutto) profits are 267300 euro brutto, which is almost 1.6x more beneficial! I am so sorry, but economics and mathematics are brutal.

PS. SoBo, don't laugh at poor African people, it isn't a good behaviour.
PS2. SoBo, I'm not going to do any new game, because I have small knowledge about programming, also I don't have enough time because of studying.

_________________
hehe
lech kempa must be banned


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015, 19:22 
Offline

Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 13:05
Posts: 260
Maciejo-96 wrote:
Jussi was writing a few times that it's not possible to make paid updates, because it's promised that updates will be for free.

In economics, there is something called 'supply', 'demand' and 'market equilibrium'. According to this, we can see that lower price = bigger number of bought keys. Just an example: maybe I'm not right, but let's use 11600 as number of bought keys by 11.90 euro netto (14.64 euro brutto), maximal number of bought keys - 50000 and maximal price - 13.90 euro netto (17.10 euro brutto). I created a diagram about this and what effects? I see market equilibrium point on price 7.90 euro with 27500 sold keys! Profits from bought keys with actual price (14.64 euro brutto) are almost 170000 euro brutto, but with equilibrium price (9.72 euro brutto) profits are 267300 euro brutto, which is almost 1.6x more beneficial! I am so sorry, but economics and mathematics are brutal.

PS. SoBo, don't laugh at poor African people, it isn't a good behaviour.
PS2. SoBo, I'm not going to do any new game, because I have small knowledge about programming, also I don't have enough time because of studying.


PS3
Mathematics is brutal , but this is only Mathematics . Dont try count of virtual money , because it is always destructive , but not teach you math but live :wink:

_________________
PEAK : 1888

Online Total length 3512.26m


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2015, 19:56 
Offline

Joined: 05 Apr 2015, 12:53
Posts: 106
Sobo i am ready for pay.. and i think some players too. (all slovenian) ;)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2015, 21:17 
Offline

Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 19:30
Posts: 230
Maciejo-96 wrote:
akkarbelling wrote:
9.90euro instead of 11.90. I don't believe 2 euro will do any difference.

2€ netto = 2.50€ with VAT. It would make a bit of difference in Poland, it's almost 11 PLN. I write about Poland, because there is a huge number of potential buyers, who don't want to buy this game, mostly because of too big price according to game capabilities, so they really want to find pirated key. (That's why level of sales is low!)


Ahh, 2,50 you say. Now that changes everything.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2015, 05:49 
Offline

Joined: 01 Oct 2009, 13:49
Posts: 792
Location: Poland
tl;dr version of this post on the end
I think that the last chance for turn DSJ4 alive again is Steam Greenlight, but this option needs some updates ingame like:

- remove players registrations (when you buy on Steam, you are registered player automatically)
- totally refreshed main menu (current menu isn't best at all, if you know what i mean :D)
- MAYBE removing paid subscriptions for online playing (this should increase amount of online players)
- team competitions should have something like lobby where 4 players join there, and then they are able to join team competition where they are playing as "clan" from beginning to the end of competition

And there should be some new features like (WARNING: very utopistic content!):

- improved graphics
- making own parties for playing online only with friends (of course there can still be weekly tournaments, TDD, etc)
- achievements (ie. Jump 10 times or win online event)
- Steam Workshop (not necessary but can be good) - community should have a chance for make own hills/something else for upload to workshop. Other players vote for their favorite projects and then new content is available ingame (maybe in DLC? $0,99 per one hill isn't that much :D)
- separate section with personal records of your steam friends

and many more but i can't think right now, 4am is definietly too late for me ;)

This is only a "sketch" which shows DSJ in future in my mind. The price should be around ~5 euro for game. Not more. Because DSJ is simple game and simple games shouldn't cost more than the complicated ones ;) In addition to this, there is also Steam Trading Cards, badges, Steam profile backgrounds (but i don't know how much they are paying for this). I've seen some polish games that pass Steam Greenlight from "indie" developers and now they are available on Steam. Maybe it is a small chance if our community will support this game. But final decision belongs to Jussi Koskela. If he will decide that he can make DSJ on Steam Greenlight, let's ask us on mediamond and we will give you an answer. If not, it's ok. We can understand that future of DSJ is over and nothing lasts forever.

This post is just an idea, nothing more. I haven't been here long time so i decided to post this because i can't believe that there are so many active users arguing about almost dead game in middle of the summer (now it's autumn but in July/August there was a pretty good shitstorm in polish topics).

Of course this is only my opinion but DSJ has alot of fans (mainly in Poland because of Adam Małysz in 2001 and his victiories) who will buy this game on Steam. I made a poll here: http://strawpoll.me/5729999 and please answer what do you think.

Before You hate this: THIS IS JUST AN PERSONAL VISUALISATION OF DSJ IN FUTURE. THIS PROBABLY WON'T BE IMPLEMENTED INGAME. THANK YOU

tl;dr: DSJ should be on Steam Greenlight

btw check this out :D

_________________
My Steam Profile:
ImageImage
#TeamWinczaszek #TeamSmolarek


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2015, 21:53 
Offline

Joined: 05 Apr 2015, 12:53
Posts: 106
good idea :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2015, 16:54 
Offline

Joined: 28 Mar 2011, 11:18
Posts: 652
Location: Austria
Is there any price to get to greenlight or something ?
If it is it could not be worth, but if it´s for free, I think Jussi should give it a shot :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group