Deluxe Ski Jump Forum

The Official Deluxe Ski Jump Forum
It is currently 11 Nov 2019, 23:40

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015, 16:55 
Offline

Joined: 29 Sep 2015, 16:33
Posts: 2
I have idea for new version of DSJ 4

10 new hills

- Almaty HS 130
- Innsbruck HS 130
- Neustadt HS 142
- Nizhny Tagil HS 134
- Oberstdorf HS 137
- Oslo HS 134
- Planica HS 225
- Ruka HS 142
- Trondheim HS 105
- Vikersund HS 225

Inter alia on these hills will take place 2015/16 Ski Jumping winter season


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2015, 20:29 
Offline

Joined: 17 Aug 2012, 13:34
Posts: 1561
Location: Białystok
Next from big bunch of players who still hope that Jussi will develop DSJ4. OMG.

_________________
hehe
lech kempa must be banned


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2015, 21:56 
Offline

Joined: 05 Apr 2015, 12:53
Posts: 106
Maciej dont be so pasimistic... maybe we will see the change :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2015, 23:32 
Offline

Joined: 17 Aug 2012, 13:34
Posts: 1561
Location: Białystok
I am certain that this game won't be developed. I am interested, what will happen if servers this winter season will be empty...

_________________
hehe
lech kempa must be banned


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2015, 01:53 
Offline

Joined: 23 Jan 2007, 03:33
Posts: 169
Location: Warsaw, Poland; Bournemouth UK
I can take a bet, that this winter season servers won't be empty yet, there is going to be less jumpers and that it. And answering to your guess Maciej, nothing spectacular will happen in the next or next after next seson.

_________________
DSJ ADDICT


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2015, 11:25 
Offline

Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 13:05
Posts: 260
Maciejo-96

I do not have too much desire to play , because servers are nearly empty , and i can't find motivation to continue playing , but..... Servers never will empty , I can suppose ,so in winter time on Wot's will play about 30-40 players , in TDD above 80+ , and nobody will waitnig for ur , my , or others players back to DSJ 4 .... this is life , nobody with us can't stop other players , and change their decision but......I do not advocate not play

With out Gogle Translator so you can expect misstace :)

_________________
PEAK : 1888

Online Total length 3512.26m


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2015, 14:06 
Offline

Joined: 05 Apr 2015, 12:53
Posts: 106
ok.. now i know and i am scared... this game is dying :( hmm i want to know what will be with game in next 5 years... hmm i am 100% that servers will be NEVER empty:)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2015, 03:26 
Offline

Joined: 23 Jan 2007, 03:33
Posts: 169
Location: Warsaw, Poland; Bournemouth UK
Unfortunately Nejc, one day servers will become empty. I can't predict with 100% accuracy when it will happen, but I can assume it might be winter 2017 :(

_________________
DSJ ADDICT


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2015, 18:46 
Offline

Joined: 05 Apr 2015, 12:53
Posts: 106
so soon? noo :) i think in winter 2020 - 2025.. hmm maybe that game will be alive again some day :D like DSJ3 soon :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2015, 21:27 
Offline

Joined: 17 Aug 2012, 13:34
Posts: 1561
Location: Białystok
Now I will compare DSJ4 development to DSJ3 development.

DSJ3: In about 4 years we saw 12 updates, there are release days (v1.0 was released 31.10.2004; I don't count v1.7.1, because bug with flickering jumper on new Nvidia drivers was found quite late):
  • v1.1 - 26.11.2004 (main features: improved take-off physics, save game option)
  • v1.2 - 11.02.2005 (main features: updated lines graphics, support for personal hill records transmission)
  • v1.3 - 26.06.2005 (main features: 4 languages translations, plastic covered summer hills, zoomable camera, improved graphics)
  • v1.3.1 - 8.07.2005 (some bugs fixed)
  • v1.4 - 25.11.2005 (main features: 16 new hills, national hill animations on each hill, improved graphics again)
  • v1.5 Beta-1 - 21.12.2006 (main feature: online game testing)
  • v1.5 - 29.12.2006 (online game mode finally ended, better cheat prevention)
  • v1.6 - 26.11.2007 (2007/2008 winter season rules; some major modifications to online game, mostly lobby chat; new hill records lists, improved graphics)
  • v1.6.1 - 2.12.2007 (some bugs fixed)
  • v1.6.2 - 28.04.2008 (fixed bug which was found just after winter season)
  • v1.7.0 - 28.11.2008 (main features: 8 new hills, start lights update, moving user files to personal files folder)

Now, DSJ4 development to compare (officially 20 updates, but I don't count v1.0.1, and v1.5.0; v1.0 was released 31.12.2011):
  • v1.1.0 - 10.04.2012 (main features: only 2 new hills, some minor improvements to online game)
  • v1.1.1 - 24.04.2012 (some bugs fixed)
  • v1.2.0 - 30.05.2012 (main feature: CPU players - nothing special)
  • v1.2.1 - 17.08.2012 (fixed bug on Nvidia graphic drivers, found quite late)
  • v1.3.0 - 23.11.2012 (main features: 7 new hills, online team cup, easier landing, player statistics)
  • v1.3.1 - 11.12.2012 (main features: CPU players on new hills, all countries national flags)
  • v1.3.2 - 13.12.2012 (fixed bug in CPU AI on Lille HS100 - simple to do)
  • v1.3.3 - 25.01.2013 (a lot of graphic improvements - good)
  • v1.4.0 - 27.03.2013 (main feature: only 2 new hills - nothing special)
  • v1.4.1 - 8.04.2013 (main feature: CPU players on new hills - nothing special)
  • v1.4.2 - 12.04.2013 (only little bug fixed in demo version)
  • v1.4.3 - 10.05.2013 (main feature: camera and replays improvements)
  • v1.4.4 - 14.05.2013 (two bugs fixed)
  • v1.5.0/v1.5.1 - 22.11.2013 (main features: 5 new hills - 3 of them shouldn't be here!; KO mode)
  • v1.5.2 - 4.12.2013 (main features: CPU players on new hills - nothing special; split HUD in KO mode)
  • v1.6.0 - 31.03.2014 (main feature: online hill records)
  • v1.6.1 - 1.04.2014 (some bugs fixed)

DSJ4 had too much updates. In my opinion, there did should be less updates, but these updates did should be bigger. And, also, DSJ4 is much less perfect than DSJ3. DSJ3 in times when it was developed was looking much more done than DSJ4 is actual.

Jussi Koskela wrote:
With the current level of sales it's very difficult to continue working on the game full time. The problem is that many play but few pay.

Level of sales can increase only if this game will be more done and - of course - cheaper!!!

What this game need?
  • Some new hills (actually we have 24, so 8 new hills are needed)
  • Strongly modified take-off and flight physics (removed gibbon, less passive flight - style like Prevc; limited measure of movement in flight
  • Strongly modified wind and startgates layout
  • Free online for minimum 12 months
  • Lower price, beetwen actual DSJ4 price and DSJ3 price - I suggest 9.90 EUR netto

and of course more, more minor features. If anything won't be done with it, this game will die pretty soon ;)

Greetings ;)

_________________
hehe
lech kempa must be banned


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2015, 21:38 
Offline

Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 19:30
Posts: 230
Maciejo-96 wrote:
Now I will compare DSJ4 development to DSJ3 development.

DSJ3: In about 4 years we saw 12 updates, there are release days (v1.0 was released 31.10.2004; I don't count v1.7.1, because bug with flickering jumper on new Nvidia drivers was found quite late):
  • v1.1 - 26.11.2004 (main features: improved take-off physics, save game option)
  • v1.2 - 11.02.2005 (main features: updated lines graphics, support for personal hill records transmission)
  • v1.3 - 26.06.2005 (main features: 4 languages translations, plastic covered summer hills, zoomable camera, improved graphics)
  • v1.3.1 - 8.07.2005 (some bugs fixed)
  • v1.4 - 25.11.2005 (main features: 16 new hills, national hill animations on each hill, improved graphics again)
  • v1.5 Beta-1 - 21.12.2006 (main feature: online game testing)
  • v1.5 - 29.12.2006 (online game mode finally ended, better cheat prevention)
  • v1.6 - 26.11.2007 (2007/2008 winter season rules; some major modifications to online game, mostly lobby chat; new hill records lists, improved graphics)
  • v1.6.1 - 2.12.2007 (some bugs fixed)
  • v1.6.2 - 28.04.2008 (fixed bug which was found just after winter season)
  • v1.7.0 - 28.11.2008 (main features: 8 new hills, start lights update, moving user files to personal files folder)

Now, DSJ4 development to compare (officially 20 updates, but I don't count v1.0.1, and v1.5.0; v1.0 was released 31.12.2011):
  • v1.1.0 - 10.04.2012 (main features: only 2 new hills, some minor improvements to online game)
  • v1.1.1 - 24.04.2012 (some bugs fixed)
  • v1.2.0 - 30.05.2012 (main feature: CPU players - nothing special)
  • v1.2.1 - 17.08.2012 (fixed bug on Nvidia graphic drivers, found quite late)
  • v1.3.0 - 23.11.2012 (main features: 7 new hills, online team cup, easier landing, player statistics)
  • v1.3.1 - 11.12.2012 (main features: CPU players on new hills, all countries national flags)
  • v1.3.2 - 13.12.2012 (fixed bug in CPU AI on Lille HS100 - simple to do)
  • v1.3.3 - 25.01.2013 (a lot of graphic improvements - good)
  • v1.4.0 - 27.03.2013 (main feature: only 2 new hills - nothing special)
  • v1.4.1 - 8.04.2013 (main feature: CPU players on new hills - nothing special)
  • v1.4.2 - 12.04.2013 (only little bug fixed in demo version)
  • v1.4.3 - 10.05.2013 (main feature: camera and replays improvements)
  • v1.4.4 - 14.05.2013 (two bugs fixed)
  • v1.5.0/v1.5.1 - 22.11.2013 (main features: 5 new hills - 3 of them shouldn't be here!; KO mode)
  • v1.5.2 - 4.12.2013 (main features: CPU players on new hills - nothing special; split HUD in KO mode)
  • v1.6.0 - 31.03.2014 (main feature: online hill records)
  • v1.6.1 - 1.04.2014 (some bugs fixed)

DSJ4 had too much updates. In my opinion, there did should be less updates, but these updates did should be bigger. And, also, DSJ4 is much less perfect than DSJ3. DSJ3 in times when it was developed was looking much more done than DSJ4 is actual.

Jussi Koskela wrote:
With the current level of sales it's very difficult to continue working on the game full time. The problem is that many play but few pay.

Level of sales can increase only if this game will be more done and - of course - cheaper!!!

What this game need?
  • Some new hills (actually we have 24, so 8 new hills are needed)
  • Strongly modified take-off and flight physics (removed gibbon, less passive flight - style like Prevc; limited measure of movement in flight
  • Strongly modified wind and startgates layout
  • Free online for minimum 12 months
  • Lower price, beetwen actual DSJ4 price and DSJ3 price - I suggest 9.90 EUR netto

and of course more, more minor features. If anything won't be done with it, this game will die pretty soon ;)

Greetings ;)


9.90euro instead of 11.90. I don't believe 2 euro will do any difference.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015, 00:40 
Offline

Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 13:05
Posts: 260
If it is possible ,it would be best lest in this topic said Jussi Koskela . Jussi out of respect for the players tell us what u think about that ......

_________________
PEAK : 1888

Online Total length 3512.26m


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015, 02:23 
Offline

Joined: 14 Apr 2012, 23:36
Posts: 155
I don't know the reason for why the new hill packs were not charged at all, the game was bought at 10 euros and you can play forever with that. Ok, I know this is kinda much money in Poland for example but still, I guess 90-95% of the players would BUY the extra hills for their game, if it was for example 5e per hill pack. Of course, minor updates and bux fixed could still be free for all.

_________________
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7814,74m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16813.87m


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015, 08:55 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 14:42
Posts: 2779
Location: Finland
SoBo wrote:
If it is possible ,it would be best lest in this topic said Jussi Koskela . Jussi out of respect for the players tell us what u think about that ......

About what?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: DSJ 4v 1.7
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015, 11:23 
Offline

Joined: 17 Aug 2012, 13:34
Posts: 1561
Location: Białystok
akkarbelling wrote:
9.90euro instead of 11.90. I don't believe 2 euro will do any difference.

2€ netto = 2.50€ with VAT. It would make a bit of difference in Poland, it's almost 11 PLN. I write about Poland, because there is a huge number of potential buyers, who don't want to buy this game, mostly because of too big price according to game capabilities, so they really want to find pirated key. (That's why level of sales is low!)

_________________
hehe
lech kempa must be banned


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group