Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
MJumper

Re: 1.7.0

Post by MJumper »

If the quoted two weeks means two weeks of full time work, then that's a lot of time. And if Jussi starts working on something else besides DSJ (I don't know, maybe he already has), it's not very realistic to expect him to be able to create many hills every year. Effectively he'd have to spend most of his vacations making hills just to make us happy... with almost no profit.

I agree that one hill per year would be nice but it's up to Jussi to decide whether it will happen or not.
TheMrSkiBarPL

Post by TheMrSkiBarPL »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
TheMrSkiBarPL wrote:Will be more hills in game? yes or not :)
I am not planning new hills at the moment.
so good bye.!
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

TheMrSkiBarPL wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:
so good bye.!
Was it a quote from private message, wasn't it?
At the moment doesn't mean never. I have a strong hope that Jussi is planning to make for us a suprise for World Chmpionships in Falun. I would like to remind you he have permission for those hills :) Be optimistic and keep waiting :P
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

A lot of players have. But hope doesn't usually help. We have to enjoy not perfect game :)

I think Jussi should think about future of game - if end, he should inform officially, not still hide it...
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Georg Gasser

Post by Georg Gasser »

It would be cool to see some new game modes
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

TheMrSkiBarPL wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:
so good bye.!
Good bye! All you ever do is complain anyway.
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

Maciejo-96 wrote:A lot of players have. But hope doesn't usually help. We have to enjoy not perfect game :)

I think Jussi should think about future of game - if end, he should inform officially, not still hide it...
Good point. He should be honest to the pain. But just now he leds us by the nose...
Despite of intricate situation of this marvellous game, I will be waiting and waiting and naturally participate in World Cup in next months, years... :wink:
Last edited by Szymon11 on 02 Nov 2014, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Szymon11 wrote:
Maciejo-96 wrote:A lot of players have. But hope doesn't usually help. We have to enjoy not perfect game :)

Good point. He should be honest to the pain. But just now he leds us by the nose...
Despite intricate situation of this marvellous game, I will be waiting and waiting and naturally participate in World Cup in next months, years... :wink:
I don't have plans for updates but that doesn't necessarily mean that I wouldn't ever do anything for the game. Please don't expect the Falun hills.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

So will you be open for ideas for next versions (not have to be hills)?
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
J.MIRO

Post by J.MIRO »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Szymon11 wrote:

Despite intricate situation of this marvellous game, I will be waiting and waiting and naturally participate in World Cup in next months, years... :wink:
I don't have plans for updates but that doesn't necessarily mean that I wouldn't ever do anything for the game. Please don't expect the Falun hills.
From the other side, its slightly complete game. Here is my comparision with DSJ3 and really now i realize that DSJ4 could be complete game: Here we go:
3- 40 fictitious hills
4- 24 realistic hills
3- uniform suit
4- two colored suit
3- no gates
4- gate system and you are able to change gate in training
3- in training only one option - choose summer or winter hill
4- in training you able to choose date, precitipation, percent of visibility, hour (so you can jump on night)
3- online mode
4- very improved online mode with option to download replays of records of every player.
3- no K.O mode
4- K.O mode
So, with this comparision only number of hills is plus for DSJ3. But remember about 40 fictitious hills VS 24 realistic. So by now ending with this number is not bad, but i always counted for little bit more.
TheMrSkiBarPL

Post by TheMrSkiBarPL »

When will be new hills? Jussi please answer !
Rajmek1233

Post by Rajmek1233 »

Spring or autumn 2015 maybe?
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

TheMrSkiBarPL wrote:When will be new hills? Jussi please answer !
He has already answered this.. Many times. Why is it so difficult to understand?
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

it cam when Jussi do it.
...Selection in progress...
TheMrSkiBarPL

Post by TheMrSkiBarPL »

won't be new hills AT THE MOMENT.
so, when will be MOMENT for new hills? This is a question !