Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Maciejo-96

Re: 1.7.0

Post by Maciejo-96 »

I would count for that too :) But it's a pity if Jussi want enough compensation for this.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
maftei.alin

Post by maftei.alin »

Maybe Jussi have got new hills permision :)
Rajmek1233

Post by Rajmek1233 »

BartiSkiJumper wrote:Even one new hill will make many more people playing
+1
BartiSkiJumper

Post by BartiSkiJumper »

maftei.alin wrote:Maybe Jussi have got new hills permision :)
Even if he don't have any new, he have permission for Oberstdorf, the hill which is really needed in this game.
Bartek Winczaszek:
DSJ3 TL - 7850.57m #1
DSJ4 TL - 3543.26m #6
DSJ4 Online Peak: 1959 #1
TDD 2013-2020: #2 - #3 - #2 - #2 - #1 - #2 - #1 - #1

My YT and Twitch channels: youtube.com/user/BartiSkiJumper - twitch.tv/BartiDSJ
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

@Areen I think similar, but look: Jussi didn t write anything in FUTURE tense. The post:
I haven't been able to reproduce this.
was written in PRESENT PERFECT. Jussi didn't write last time what will do with game.

But I don't care what will do.
maftei.alin

Post by maftei.alin »

This game will be death without new hills.
Massa36780

Post by Massa36780 »

I think, the game is in serious koma. When Jussi starts doing anything, then the game will start to live again.
Bad Mitterndorf, Sapporo & Planica
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzRc-ofZQ5X3vDEvmsGbdYA subscribe me

Personal Best : 235,71 (Planica 05.02.2014)
Georg Gasser

Post by Georg Gasser »

Maciejo-96 wrote:@Areen I think similar, but look: Jussi didn t write anything in FUTURE tense. The post:
I haven't been able to reproduce this.
was written in PRESENT PERFECT. Jussi didn't write last time what will do with game.

But I don't care what will do.
Maciej the grammar teacher :)
MattyPolz14

Post by MattyPolz14 »

Hey guys,
Bottom line is: Jussi Can't do anything. There will be no new development of the game without additional income. Adding another hill will only mostly make current players happy and excited. The goal is to introduce new players to the game and increase the cash flow. Advertising won't do any good right now because without the cash, there's no way to put up the ad. In my mind, there are only 3 solutions to this problem.

1: Jussi gets another job to fund the advertising and production of this game.

2: (the most effective in my opinion) Is that US players spread the word. There is a huge world of ski jumping out there, especially throughout Europe, and knowledge is power. I am SURE that plenty more of those people would play the game if they knew about it. It is the most realistic and BEST ski jumping game out there. When I first started playing this game, I couldn't believe how intuitively realistic the physics and controls were of the game. Also because it was made by someone who hadn't even ski jumped before. As an actual ski jumper, I couldn't believe it. A lot of people have talked about how the world is moving towards career based games. But although this is a repetitively based game, anyone who is addicted to ski jumping like me, real jumper or not, will buy the game because they will love it. But right now it is really up to us.

And 3: Setup a charity on the Mediamond page. And seriously Jussi, I know for a fact that tons of players on these forums love the game enough that they would be willing to donate some money regardless of the amount in order to keep the game alive. I don't know if it is a pride thing or something like that, that it isn't up yet, but there is no harm in asking for a little help.

I really think it is up to us to keep this game alive. If you love the game enough, you will take the effort to spread the word. I am really disliking the morbid vibe I'm getting from this once flourishing forum. Let's get this game out of it's coma together.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

MattyPolz14 wrote: And 3: Setup a charity on the Mediamond page. And seriously Jussi, I know for a fact that tons of players on these forums love the game enough that they would be willing to donate some money regardless of the amount in order to keep the game alive. I don't know if it is a pride thing or something like that, that it isn't up yet, but there is no harm in asking for a little help.
That's illegal here in Finland, so there might be some harm. ;)
TheMrSkiBarPL

Post by TheMrSkiBarPL »

This is really big joke from Jussi to us...
I stopped believing this game unless Jussi show us any new hill at least. Just one new hill...
Even if he (Jussi) didn't want to work at game, he should make one hill although.
He should make one hill casually!
This is only a few days to make it according to Jussi...
Powinien zrobić tą skocznię od niechcenia!
Jussi napisał kiedyś, że potrzeba kilku dni na stworzenie takiej skoczni...
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Not two weeks?
TheMrSkiBarPL

Post by TheMrSkiBarPL »

two weeks.. not so long
MJumper

Post by MJumper »

TheMrSkiBarPL wrote:two weeks.. not so long
Jussi Koskela wrote:
AlexRollercoaster wrote:Jussi did you calculated sometime who it costs to create one Hill at an average size so arround HS130?

including power costs and all that stuff
It doesn't cost anything to create a hill, but I would like to get a reasonable compensation for the work that I am doing. It takes about 2 weeks to create an average hill.
Emphasis added.

Anyway, why do you people expect this game to keep being developed for eternity? Given its initial release, this game has been kept updated for a very long time compared to most other commercial games, most of which are made by bigger companies.

Pleasing the current players brings no extra money (or very little) as extensively discussed previously. So there's no point in making new hills just because it would be nice. People who really like DSJ (such as myself) will keep playing it anyway, others will move to other games. Accept it and stop complaining (I would imagine that 80% of new forum posts being complaints doesn't help the game too much either).
TheMrSkiBarPL

Post by TheMrSkiBarPL »

This affair concerns the make one new hill ! Just one hill ! grr....
It's been almost a year without new hill ! ALMOST YEAR! shit !
For example: Jussi do one hill for a year... omg. it's so difficult, right? NO !!! NO !!! NO !!!