BM HS200 - How would it look like in DSJ4? (analyse)

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Maciejo-96

BM HS200 - How would it look like in DSJ4? (analyse)

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Hi there, I decided to do scrupoulus analyse what changes should be added to Bad Mitterndorf HS200. The most important thing is configuration of startgates and speeds for it.

Groundwork: jump of Daiki Ito from 2011/2012, 1st competition - 212 meters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMzfLnGGX1M
  • Startgate 7
  • Average wind 1.3 m/s
  • Inrun speed 96.6 kph
So: the speed from the lowest gate in DSJ4 hill is about 97.5 kph, I counted that in hill from real life speed from the lowest gate is about 95.5 kph (if DSJ4 jumper is about 0.9 kph faster than Ito).

If counting physics from DSJ4, with wind 2.4 m/s and better speed for 0.9 kph than Ito jumper would jump about 15 meters longer. Now I will use these infos:
  • 1 gate = 0.4 kph
  • 1 gate = about 2 meters
The possible WR should be probably about 218 meters. After adding extra 0.9 kph of speed and length about 226-227 we will do lower startgate for 5 steps, so we will have the lowest startgate 2 and jumps with wind 2.4 could be 216-217. Speed from gate 2 will be about 96.0 kph. I think important could be a little lowering of height of flight, to short a jump for about 1-2 meters. Gates to use in World Cup mode should be 2-14.

I think it would be quite useful. Thanks for reading it. ;)
Last edited by Maciejo-96 on 21 Jan 2014, 01:18, edited 1 time in total.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
akkarbelling

Re: BM HS200 - How would it look like in DSJ4? (analyse)

Post by akkarbelling »

Good research :)
Austrian_Skijumpfan_94

Post by Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 »

JEah but this season, they all have smaller jumping suits, so you can´t complain the jumps in dsj4 to the real situation.
But 3 years ago, the data an so on was correct
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 wrote:JEah but this season, they all have smaller jumping suits, so you can´t complain the jumps in dsj4 to the real situation.
But 3 years ago, the data an so on was correct
I used data from 2011/2012, so that wouldn't be problem because physics of jumping in DSJ4 are similar to these season, not actual and last when jumpers have been jumping in tighter suits.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

<sorry for not using Edit option>
Is it possible to do new BM hill without deleting old one? Old BM would be moved to "Other hills" part but personal records for it couldn't be in Total Length; or new BM would be named Tauplitz. What idea could be better? 1st or 2nd?
davisp

Post by davisp »

I see no reason for making a new Kulm. It is still a game. I personally don't need 100% realism. Jussi should focus on new hills and some other little improvements. But I really don't think that there is a need for redoing any hill
World Record Holder for 5 minutes
Georg Gasser

Post by Georg Gasser »

davisp wrote:I see no reason for making a new Kulm. It is still a game. I personally don't need 100% realism. Jussi should focus on new hills and some other little improvements. But I really don't think that there is a need for redoing any hill
I agrre with David if it would be like in Planica that thehill would be rebuilt, but not because the speed etc. is not exact like in real
maftei.alin

Post by maftei.alin »

davisp wrote:I see no reason for making a new Kulm. It is still a game. I personally don't need 100% realism. Jussi should focus on new hills and some other little improvements. But I really don't think that there is a need for redoing any hill
+1
Austrian_Skijumpfan_94

Post by Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 »

Back in 2010 or 2011 when Schlierenzauer jumped the record there it was from gate 1or2, but then the add more gates, so they don´t have to rebuild the hill.
domi_deluxe

Post by domi_deluxe »

Maciejo-96 wrote:<sorry for not using Edit option>
Is it possible to do new BM hill without deleting old one? Old BM would be moved to "Other hills" part but personal records for it couldn't be in Total Length; or new BM would be named Tauplitz. What idea could be better? 1st or 2nd?
i think 2 Kulms isn't a good idea
either old kulm or new kulm with maximum length ~217m (easier landing of course :mrgreen:)

it would be interesting how JUSSI think about this discussion ....!?!?!?

maybe anyone should make a poll:
so we know soon, how many people do agree with "deleting" their old kulm records !!!
###fu**ing cheaters!!!###
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

+1

This is not "Ski jumping simulator"...
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

domi_deluxe wrote: it would be interesting how JUSSI think about this discussion ....!?!?!?
Quote from another thread: "I don't think that it's necessary to change the old hills as it would nullify the old hill records."
domi_deluxe

Post by domi_deluxe »

Jussi Koskela wrote:"I don't think that it's necessary to change the old hills as it would nullify the old hill records."
thx for answer ... now i don't have to waste any thoughts about it :)
###fu**ing cheaters!!!###
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 wrote:Back in 2010 or 2011 when Schlierenzauer jumped the record there it was from gate 1or2, but then the add more gates, so they don´t have to rebuild the hill.
Good observation. This explains the major difference in the inrun speeds in DSJ4 and the latest real life competitions (when using the same gate number).
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

I agree.