Total change to DSJ4

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
KamilStoch

Total change to DSJ4

Post by KamilStoch »

Please Jussi... listen. I would like to see game back in days of DSJ3. There should be dynamic wind, and probably dynamic gate too during competitions. And stronger possible wind. Peaks 3-4m. Game is not realistic as we see, in real life, there is not this stabile wind in 98% of competitions. Also they need to change gate many times.

Then Jussi, the game lacks more flying styles. Would be awesome to have them here as in real life!

And then, please block slowmotion too, as you did in DSJ3 1,7,0, slowdown didnt work in WIN XP. I think that's not a big problem to update clock error thingy to Vista/7/8?

Also, please update Planica hill when it's finished in real life.
davisp

Re: Total change to DSJ4

Post by davisp »

I think those major updates will only be available in DSJ 5... but I also would love to see it in DSJ4
World Record Holder for 5 minutes
MattyPolz14

Post by MattyPolz14 »

KamilStoch wrote:Please Jussi... listen. I would like to see game back in days of DSJ3. There should be dynamic wind, and probably dynamic gate too during competitions. And stronger possible wind. Peaks 3-4m. Game is not realistic as we see, in real life, there is not this stabile wind in 98% of competitions. Also they need to change gate many times.

Then Jussi, the game lacks more flying styles. Would be awesome to have them here as in real life!

And then, please block slowmotion too, as you did in DSJ3 1,7,0, slowdown didnt work in WIN XP. I think that's not a big problem to update clock error thingy to Vista/7/8?

Also, please update Planica hill when it's finished in real life.
I agree
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Agree with unstable wind, not only its speed will change, but also direction, like in reality...

More flying styles? maybe in offline jumping, but online everyone will end up using the same style (the best one for particular hill)
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

MikesCZ wrote:Agree with unstable wind, not only its speed will change, but also direction, like in reality...

More flying styles? maybe in offline jumping, but online everyone will end up using the same style (the best one for particular hill)
Unstable wind is what ruins the competition in real life, so why should we do the same in DSJ4 since we can avoid that?
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Jussi Koskela wrote: Unstable wind is what ruins the competition in real life, so why should we do the same in DSJ4 since we can avoid that?
I didn't mean conditions that will cause competition to be canceled, but something like: wind 1m/s to jumpers back in takeoff part of hill and then during flight it will be weaker and weaker and maybe change direction a bit to one side (from 12oclock position to 2oclock).

...But I get your point :)

KamilStoch

Post by KamilStoch »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
MikesCZ wrote:Agree with unstable wind, not only its speed will change, but also direction, like in reality...

Unstable wind is what ruins the competition in real life, so why should we do the same in DSJ4 since we can avoid that?
I forgot to put wind compensation possibility to my proposition list. But if wind seed is changed so that wind direction can change, and there is much more possible values for speed, then compensation mode would be awesome! Not only in offline gaming but also online. Of course: this would be optional in single player mode and also some servers would have this and some not. Jussi, compensation belongs to ski jumping and nordic combined today :) But it's not so funny when wind is as stable as it is now.

If not in DSJ4, please think about this in later versions of this game (if there will be more of them in future...)
J.MIRO

Post by J.MIRO »

Only one thing is needed - new hills.
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

J.MIRO wrote:Only one thing is needed - new hills.
That's for sure. There will never be enough hills in DSJ games :)
For now: I'd really like to see Martin's national chat idea being realized.

On topic: I wouldn't implement compensation points to this game as I don't like them even in reality...I understand how everything is calculated and how each jump has different value in different conditions, but standings always looks kinda ridiculous when someone who made the longest jump, let's say 135m is in 15th place, leader after 1st round jumped 129.5 and another jumper who also jumped 129.5 is 12th....do you really want to see this in online competitions?