Minor improvements

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
MattyPolz14

Re: Minor improvements

Post by MattyPolz14 »

jjannee wrote:Jussi, Why Park City hills? Those are even not in world cup calendar? You should do perhaps, Falun, Trondheim, oslo or something like that.
Jussi, miksi Park Cityn mäet? Ne eivät edes kuulu maailmancup kalenteriin, ennemmin tekisit, esim Falun, Trondheim, oslo ym.
Because the Park City hills are awesome! Don't you think it's a good idea to put in hills from a different continent from Europe? Also, the Park City hills are from the World Cup, they were used in 2002 in the Olympics. Also, I train on those hills lots and it would be awesome to have them in the game because it helps with visualization because how awesome Jussi's game is! And he has permission for those hills
MattyPolz14

Post by MattyPolz14 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Lechoo wrote:There are still more than 5 weeks (38 days) to go so we should see at least (according to the poll results):

Park City HS134
Park City HS100 (very similar appearance to large hill, so it may be done quite quickly)
Bischofshofen HS78

Seeing only 2 new hills for the beginning of a new winter season would be a real shame ...
My current plan is to still make Park City HS134 and Park City HS100. For the fifth new hill there's probably not enough time. The last days always go to testing and polishing everything.
Jussi, is it possible for you to make the landing hill plastic design for the Park City hills like in real life? It is really important to me and many people I know because then they will look like the real things and make it feel like we are actually jumping the jumps in real life. http://www.panoramio.com/m/photo/2844458 if you need any information on the exact specifications of this, just ask me. I know the exact specifications because I have memorized them. I know that this whole idea of unique summer lines has been talked about before, but I think it is really important for the Park City hills because of how drastically different they are. I will be so happy if you do this!
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

MattyPolz14 wrote: Jussi, is it possible for you to make the landing hill plastic design for the Park City hills like in real life? It is really important to me and many people I know because then they will look like the real things and make it feel like we are actually jumping the jumps in real life. http://www.panoramio.com/m/photo/2844458 if you need any information on the exact specifications of this, just ask me. I know the exact specifications because I have memorized them. I know that this whole idea of unique summer lines has been talked about before, but I think it is really important for the Park City hills because of how drastically different they are. I will be so happy if you do this!
I wasn't planning to customize the lines but I noticed that even the distances of the lines are quite different in the plastic covering compared to the current standards. Anyway, I'd like to hear the description of these lines.

In winter competitions I think that they are using normal lines. Is this true?
jjannee

Post by jjannee »

MattyPolz14 wrote:
jjannee wrote:Jussi, Why Park City hills? Those are even not in world cup calendar? You should do perhaps, Falun, Trondheim, oslo or something like that.
Jussi, miksi Park Cityn mäet? Ne eivät edes kuulu maailmancup kalenteriin, ennemmin tekisit, esim Falun, Trondheim, oslo ym.
Because the Park City hills are awesome! Don't you think it's a good idea to put in hills from a different continent from Europe? Also, the Park City hills are from the World Cup, they were used in 2002 in the Olympics. Also, I train on those hills lots and it would be awesome to have them in the game because it helps with visualization because how awesome Jussi's game is! And he has permission for those hills
Well, i agree, but i like to get current WC hills before other.
:)
Ski jumper from finland!

http://www.youtube.com/user/jiipeekkoo?feature=mhee

SUBSCRIBE ME!
jjannee

Re: Realistic lines on summer hills

Post by jjannee »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Rajmek1233 wrote:You can tell what is it? :)
-possibility to adjust all CPU ski jumpers' skills with a single slider (kind of difficulty slider)
-bib numbers shown in the stats
-slightly improved lighting model
-bugs fixed
But jussi, when you fix that boots are not coming throught the ski?
Ski jumper from finland!

http://www.youtube.com/user/jiipeekkoo?feature=mhee

SUBSCRIBE ME!
MattyPolz14

Post by MattyPolz14 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
MattyPolz14 wrote: Jussi, is it possible for you to make the landing hill plastic design for the Park City hills like in real life? It is really important to me and many people I know because then they will look like the real things and make it feel like we are actually jumping the jumps in real life. http://www.panoramio.com/m/photo/2844458 if you need any information on the exact specifications of this, just ask me. I know the exact specifications because I have memorized them. I know that this whole idea of unique summer lines has been talked about before, but I think it is really important for the Park City hills because of how drastically different they are. I will be so happy if you do this!
I wasn't planning to customize the lines but I noticed that even the distances of the lines are quite different in the plastic covering compared to the current standards. Anyway, I'd like to hear the description of these lines.

In winter competitions I think that they are using normal lines. Is this true?
Yes, in the winter the lines are completely normal. I will now start with the description of the summer lines beginning with the HS100. The white ski jumper on the landing hill starts at 45m and goes to 55m. (You can judge the thickness off the design based on the area given. The first white dashes are at 65m then 70m. (The dimensions of the white dashes are 1m down by 3m long. Blue starts at 75m and you will notice that the middle blue dash is thinner (0.5m down by 2m long). The blue dashes on the side reach out the same distance as the white dashes before. They are connected to the blue strips which run down the side to the K point like usual (1m wide). The white dashes in the blue are shorter due to the blue running down the sides to keep them in line with the previous white dashes before the blue. (1m down by by 2m long). You will then notice that the K point at 90m is a thin white dash which is the same dimensions as the thin blue dash before. On the sides at K are still white dashes but you will also notice that on the sides at K the blue changes to red like normal. After that there are more white dashes at 95 and then 100m. I know 100 is HS but it is only normal white dashes like before. The red strips down the side go to 105m an then jet in the same distance and same thickness as the blue ones before. But then you will also see a thin red dash in the middle with the same dimensions as the other thin middle dashes before. And then the final thing is a long thin red line at 110m which stretches the length between the side dashes. Now onto the HS134. All of the dashes and line designs have the same dimensions as the ones on the HS100 except for the thin dashes which are 1m down by 2.5m long). The snowflake design starts at 65m and the end of the Olympic Rings is at 80m. The first white dashes are at 90 then 95. Blue is at 100m. There are then white dashes ate 105, 110, 115 and K is once again designed similarly to the HS100. There are then white dashes at 125, 130 and 135. I know that HS is at 134, but for some reason when they designed the plastic, they put only the dashes at 135. The red then comes in at 140m similar to the HS100 and then there is a long thin red line at 145 which stretches across to each of the dashes above like on the HS100. Obviously the designs are very similar on both hills. With the implementation of the ski jumper and the snowflake with Olympic Rings symbols you will have to omit the Park City writing across the hill for the summer hills, you can keep it for the winter hills or just omit it like for the summer hills as it isn't there in the winter either anyway, it doesn't matter to me. For a visual understanding you can continue to look at the picture I provided http://www.panoramio.com/m/photo/2844458 or you can look at others on the internet. There are pictures of the ski jumper and snowflake with Olympic Rings symbols out there. The ski jumper is just the 2002 Olympic ski jumping symbol and the snowflake is just the 2002 Olympic symbol with the Olympic Rings added on. If you need anymore information you can just ask me again. Also on a side note, (something that doesn't really matter, just another fact) you probably already know this from looking at the HS134 hill's counter part information but when the people built the hill, they made a small mistake at about between 122 and 127m in which they accidentally made a small, very small bump which is only noticeable when the jumpers are jumping the hill. (You can feel it when you ski over it and it is really hard to land on it). I know because I have done it in real life). But that's just a cool fact. It may be a myth that they messed up when building it, I don't know for sure, but you can definitely feel that it's there when our jumping the hill in real life. I hope all of this is possible and I hope that it is helpful. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I think that it will be very cool if you can do this. Thanks.

And also, the hill numbering on the 90 goes from 40m to 110m and on the 120 goes from 60m to 145m, if you didn't already know.

And the fall lines are designed the same as the ones already in the game.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Thanks for the detailed description. The styling of the lines would need significant amount of work since my hill engine does not support it yet. It might also be quite confusing to the players if the HS line is missing / in wrong place during the summer jumping. So, I think that I'll use similar lines than in other hills.

The use of Olympic logos / symbols is controlled very strictly, so I'll have to skip using them, too.
BartiSkiJumper

Post by BartiSkiJumper »

Jussi Koskela wrote:Thanks for the detailed description. The styling of the lines would need significant amount of work since my hill engine does not support it yet. It might also be quite confusing to the players if the HS line is missing / in wrong place during the summer jumping. So, I think that I'll use similar lines than in other hills.

The use of Olympic logos / symbols is controlled very strictly, so I'll have to skip using them, too.
But is it possible that you will make this lines in the future? It's really important for me, and i think the summer plastic needs to be modernised
Bartek Winczaszek:
DSJ3 TL - 7850.57m #1
DSJ4 TL - 3543.26m #6
DSJ4 Online Peak: 1959 #1
TDD 2013-2020: #2 - #3 - #2 - #2 - #1 - #2 - #1 - #1

My YT and Twitch channels: youtube.com/user/BartiSkiJumper - twitch.tv/BartiDSJ
AlexRollercoaster

Post by AlexRollercoaster »

BartiSkiJumper wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:Thanks for the detailed description. The styling of the lines would need significant amount of work since my hill engine does not support it yet. It might also be quite confusing to the players if the HS line is missing / in wrong place during the summer jumping. So, I think that I'll use similar lines than in other hills.

But is it possible that you will make this lines in the future? It's really important for me, and i think the summer plastic needs to be modernised
Yes think the same,In Winter the lines are perfect, but summer hills are still in Beta in my opinion.
MattyPolz14

Post by MattyPolz14 »

No problem, and thanks for considering it, I understand why it's not possible at this time. I'm so excited to see the hills anyway!