Permanent teams

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
skorpios

Permanent teams

Post by skorpios »

SuperAdo111 wrote:
skorpios wrote:hmm, maybe permanent teams after first hill ??
I dont like you so much,but +1 for idea,also can be like this in team cup at thursday :)

I don't like Thursday's Team Cup formula, it is crazy and incomprehensible, in team cup most important is individual result :shock:

I am suggesting permanent teams, in my opinion should be more interesting and exciting :)
Di Stefano

Re: Tour de DSJ4 ?

Post by Di Stefano »

skorpios wrote:
SuperAdo111 wrote:
skorpios wrote:hmm, maybe permanent teams after first hill ??
I dont like you so much,but +1 for idea,also can be like this in team cup at thursday :)

I don't like Thursday's Team Cup formula, it is crazy and incomprehensible, in team cup most important is individual result :shock:

I am suggesting permanent teams, in my opinion should be more interesting and exciting :)
rafal's right, this chosing teams for every competition in my opinion dont have any sense, for example: Poland II won the turnament but nobody can know who at real was in this Poland II becouse that team was consist of most polish players, the permanent teams is more interesting and just more normal,
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Permanent teams

Post by Jussi Koskela »

There are few problems with the teams being permanent:
  1. The team formation has to be simple and fast enough
  2. Players may enter the tournament late
  3. Players may leave the tournament early
  4. Players may lose their Internet connection time to time
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

I enjoy team cup in it's today's form, but that is because there are exactly 4 czechs most of the time....I can imagine being in Poland 1 on one hill and in Poland 9 in other hill is not as great as being in one time the whole time....

So either some kind of qualification jump(s) that will sort the teams for the whole team tournament
Or maybe players themselves would form teams and register themselves on forums ? (this one sounds bad.... :) )
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
MJumper

Post by MJumper »

Maybe the team composition could be decided not only by the qualification of the current hill, but instead by individual results from all previous hills:

Each country would keep track of the rankings of that country's jumpers so far (sort of like an invisible national cup running in the background). For each competition, the four best jumpers from that list would end up in team one, the next four in team two etc. That way the teams could change a bit over time but still remain reasonably stable. And if someone leaves, the "next in line" will simply be chosen.

The only problem with this is jumpers entering in the middle of the team cup. A good jumper might get stuck in a bad team because he doesn't have results from previous hills, or a bad jumper may be stuck in a good team because he jumped in more hills than the rest. This could be solved by giving more weight to recent competitions.

Basically the selection should be based on how good the jumper is now, how valuable he has been before and possibly some estimate as to how good he might be in future competitions. I think a system like this might be a somewhat good approximation of how team selections are made irl? Of course, this could also be based directly on rating but I think that would be a bit boring.

All this said, I do very much enjoy team cup in its current form as well. But as someone pointed out, small (= non-Polish) countries only have one or two teams anyway.
Di Stefano

Post by Di Stefano »

i have good idea, maybe create teams before every competition based on their acctual ratings, it could make teams more "permament"