Selection skijumpers before qualifiations.

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
dec

Re: Selection skijumpers before qualifiations.

Post by dec »

In my opinion, this is a good idea. I have also wanted this for a long time. I don't think it is a matter of patience, especially if you have a "select all" option and if players from the previous competition are automatically registered for the next and you can add/remove them by your own preference.

It would also help in cases when you create new players/edit old ones or download a new pack of players, that you don't have to restart and you can simply add them to your season.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

So you want to be able to edit the properties of the ski jumpers during the world cup, too?

It would mean that the parameters of the ski jumpers were not stored in the save game any more. Therefore you could mess the saved world cup by editing the ski jumpers outside of the saved game.
dec

Post by dec »

Well that makes sense; as a layman, I did not think of that, my apologies.

Still, I hope that a simple "add/remove competitor" option would be possible (thus, with the parameters stored in the save game). Sometimes I like to load up all the hills and try playing a "real" season... having different competitors for different hills (like national packages) would make it more appealing in a way. :D
slawus777

Post by slawus777 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:So you want to be able to edit the properties of the ski jumpers during the world cup, too?

It would mean that the parameters of the ski jumpers were not stored in the save game any more. Therefore you could mess the saved world cup by editing the ski jumpers outside of the saved game.
No, Jussi, i thought about selection ski jumpers before world cup, and before every qualifications round you can select ski jumpers from these you selected before world cup. Do you understand?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

slawus777 wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:So you want to be able to edit the properties of the ski jumpers during the world cup, too?

No, Jussi, i thought about selection ski jumpers before world cup, and before every qualifications round you can select ski jumpers from these you selected before world cup. Do you understand?
Yes, that would work.
gotvas

Post by gotvas »

Love this idea! For all of us playing seasons with realstic jumpers, this would take the game too an new level. And in addition to this, it would be nice to have the ability to change jumpers on each team in teamcups before every competition in the season. :wink:
slawus777

Post by slawus777 »

Jussi can you make ito to 1.4.1 Please ;) ;) ;)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

slawus777 wrote:Jussi can you make ito to 1.4.1 Please ;) ;) ;)
No, version 1.4.1 will have the CPU players for the new hills and I'll release it already next Monday.
Master77

Post by Master77 »

I want this because I have almost 200 jumpers. I would like to change the jumpers so that, for example in Germany I can jump more German skydivers, as for example in Austria
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

That's nice idea and it should be implemented in 1.5 v. or 1.4..
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
Tonio94

Post by Tonio94 »

I would have another idea, also connected with the general idea in the post. The possibility to change ONLY the jumpers among the teams. Detailed: if you choose e.g. Kalinitschenko, you have to "dismiss" another guy from Russia. Then it would make sensne and would be similar to what we really have in World Cup.
kumy246

Post by kumy246 »

and at the last competition on season in reality there jumps just best 30 ski jumpers in season so i woul take just best 30 players in season...
there should be some injuryes if you fall ugly... not every fall but if you fall there are always a chance to injury so that would be interesting if you fall with one jumper because you jump too long and than you should play with that jumpers two or three competitions because of injury... :)
SkiBartus1994

Post by SkiBartus1994 »

Nice idea!
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

Now looks that, if you really wanna that think youre should make game where that think is.
...Selection in progress...