Replay backwarding...

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
MichalD

Replay backwarding...

Post by MichalD »

Hello,

I propose you to introduce the backwarding feature in Replay Player (like in the DSJ 2).

Michał
Risto Salonen

Post by Risto Salonen »

I think Jussi has stated earlier that replay backwarding is too difficult with the DSJ 4 game engine.
Lord_Chrupek

Post by Lord_Chrupek »

Its imposiible because it would need too much memory to storage all physics info.
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

It would be great if Jussi could somehow turn a replay into a video instead of having to re-simulate the jump itself. Maybe then the rewind-feature could be brought back? It was great in DSJ2 to analyze jumps and especially take-offs, but the replay system of DSJ3/4 isn't of much use without the rewind-feature ... which is sad, but not a priority. There are more important things to work on.
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
Severin

Post by Severin »

But if you turn a replay into a video you'd never know if it's a cheated jump or not ;) (edit: as far as messing with the physics is concerned)
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

I can tell from the length when it's a cheated jump :wink:
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
Severin

Post by Severin »

How could you be sure if e.g. someone jumps half a meter over a clean WR and used a gravity trainer?
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

If someone is cheating the clever way, it will be hard to tell. But since there's usually more than only one or two cheaters, they try to beat each others cheated records and end up with records that will obviously be cheated. Just take the latest version of DSJ3 for example: Everyone knows that the "top" guys are cheaters, simply because their lengths are too far ahead of the real top players.

Basically, in regards to cheated records, I've said it before: I don't care much about offline records anyway. Jussi should simply introduce online records in the online mode. These records won't be as far as offline records, but at least we will know they are for real AND we will always have some extra excitement in online play, because anytime there might be a new hill records with "live audience" - that's something that can only happen in the online mode. You can't have that in offline mode. And it should be easy for Jussi to have a different record list for online mode than for the single player offline mode.
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
TPo

Post by TPo »

EyTschej wrote:If someone is cheating the clever way, it will be hard to tell. But since there's usually more than only one or two cheaters, they try to beat each others cheated records and end up with records that will obviously be cheated. Just take the latest version of DSJ3 for example: Everyone knows that the "top" guys are cheaters, simply because their lengths are too far ahead of the real top players.

Basically, in regards to cheated records, I've said it before: I don't care much about offline records anyway. Jussi should simply introduce online records in the online mode. These records won't be as far as offline records, but at least we will know they are for real AND we will always have some extra excitement in online play, because anytime there might be a new hill records with "live audience" - that's something that can only happen in the online mode. You can't have that in offline mode. And it should be easy for Jussi to have a different record list for online mode than for the single player offline mode.
Who stops one from using slowdown in online?
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

So if i would live in USA, and most of the time i wouldn't see anyone to play online (time difference) what motivation would i have to jump for the records alone or with 1-2 jumpers?

C'mon, for me offline was always the most interesting and addicting part, spending hours on analyzing jumps, replays and trying new angles and positions. I play offline only to have some nice time with fellow jumpers, i don't see a point in forcing myself to spend hours online just to prove that i'm not cheating.
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

Metsi, if you don't like going for online records, who stops you from going for offline records? The online records would be an ADDITIONAL feature. I never said anything about taking offline records out of the game. Please read carefully.
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

EyTschej wrote:Metsi, if you don't like going for online records, who stops you from going for offline records? The online records would be an ADDITIONAL feature. I never said anything about taking offline records out of the game. Please read carefully.
I get your point, but you mentioned that if the jumps will be a lot further than in online mode it would mean that i'm cheating or something. I wasn't following the dsj3 records history and stuff, but if nothing was proved than noone is guilty of cheating. That's how i see it ;)