Red lines point K and HS

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I don't quite get the point. The lines are painted to the hills (snow) also in reality. Though, sometimes they have the twigs in addition to the painted lines.
Last edited by Jussi Koskela on 01 Feb 2011, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
kamilking1

Post by kamilking1 »

Exactly! it would be better if the lines were from the twigs, and they painted! On the hills they are. You understand me?
Twigs should be painted, not SNOW Jussi.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Can you find a photo where they have done it that way? The paint is always in the snow.
kamilking1

Post by kamilking1 »

No, the twigs are painted on snow.
doubleffect

Post by doubleffect »

Yes, the paint is also in the snow but I guess what OP means here in DSJ4 they look Paint-like. Well, is it that different in DSJ3? Maybe this red color should be more mixed with white so it'd be a bit less visible and more realistic without doing much in game's engine (just a change in color).
DSJ3 Personal best: 314.0m (Slovenia)
DSJ4 Personal best: 196.5m (Planica) (what a great jump that was!...)
kamilking1

Post by kamilking1 »

double effect I agree. And add that it should be more line after the lines HS. As for example in Planica, where the after HS are still they lines. See a photo of the hill Planica
kamilking1

Post by kamilking1 »

After the point of HS is a line, as shown in photo (LAHTI).
Look and take a look at some at a good photo. And you will see one more line after the HS lines made of twigs!!!! This line probably mean 135m!! but in this line DSJ4 is not!!!! Jussi why????
I do not have pictures, but just type in google grafic Lahti and see its lines denoting HS hills and the last lines detoning 135m in Lahti. ( The DSJ 4 does not have its)
Bidox19

Post by Bidox19 »

here is a great example of landing lines in planica..

lines should be also after Hill Size point.

and red two lines should be more light red.. beetwen pink and red.. and not that shine like they are now

and also lines should start a little earlier. one more line or even two.
kamilking1

Post by kamilking1 »

Beautifully! As you can see in the picture BIDOX19. Yes, they should look like lines!! Please see how much more lines is after the point of HS. There's even a line indicating the 230m!! In DSJ4 they should be the after point of HS lines! For example, in Lahtii!
But I hope that in Planica lines will look like!!!!
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

twigs arent painted on the snow. sheeesh.

on most hills there are twig lines and on the K point and hs point theres is a additional painted red/orange line...

I've wrote 2 posts on this I believe.

here is a picture showing how it is in reality

http://digart.img.digart.pl/data/img/vo ... 122024.jpg

Jussi the 2 lines forming the triangle like thing beetween the K and HS point should be twig too, not paint as it is in DSJ ;) just a little tip :)
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

bulwa11 wrote:twigs arent painted on the snow. sheeesh.

on most hills there are twig lines and on the K point and hs point theres is a additional painted red/orange line...

I've wrote 2 posts on this I believe.

here is a picture showing how it is in reality

http://digart.img.digart.pl/data/img/vo ... 122024.jpg

Jussi the 2 lines forming the triangle like thing beetween the K and HS point should be twig too, not paint as it is in DSJ ;) just a little tip :)

O yes !!! This is GREAT !!!