Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
philipez

Mouse sensivity

Post by philipez »

i would find it nice to change the mouse sensivitiy during the game to adjust to changing conditions like wind and/or hills. maybe between qualification and first round.
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

This is very interesting... Both as a demonstration of physics potential and also to see judges being a little quick with their judgments :DDD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AjmQIEoZ7E
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

Martin Kafka wrote:This is very interesting... Both as a demonstration of physics potential and also to see judges being a little quick with their judgments :DDD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AjmQIEoZ7E
That's what i was talking about in the ideas topic. Such landings should be successful, not crashed :) The jumper could touch the ground with his hand or two and get -10 notes, but still he shouldn't fall :)
Falli

Post by Falli »

in the new dsj4 you have no contact to the ski in the air, thats a little bit bad!
i the real live the jumper his head is into the ski´s!
Holger

Post by Holger »

Using the Hands while starting is a good Idea. :D

@ Wonderland Hill /Small Hills
One really big hill will be cool again. It`s fun and we all now what ist real or not. Something up to 300m maximium will be nice. Why not Tansania`s Mount Kilimanjaro-Jump. :roll:

Small hills below HS 50 will be no fun I think. Because the top range will be to small. Rebuild Englands 50m Hill...thumbs up from me, but none smaller.

@ Jumping in generally
Someone said, it is looking like "Georg Späth-Style". I agree with him. The jumping style could be closer to the ski. It would be more fun, if it looks better/coler. Janda/Funaki-Style! :lol:
The situation at the take off is still (after playing a couple of times) very tricky. So the mouse sensivity must be reduced a lot, more than in the game settings. It`s no problem to do this in the Windows settings or by using a gaming mouse. But it will be more comfortable to do this in the game.

@About Career and other Options...
I don`t care to much, but some ideas are nice. I like the game, because it`s fun playing at work in a small 5-Minutes break (oops, did I say that? :D ) "or" playing for hours at home. Blowing up the gaming options, could decrease the fun in some cases.

I think we all like DSJ for one reason. It`s a awesome and simple game, wich can catch you for hours...or just for a few minutes.

Metallic` Cheerz!
Holger
Who will be in Oberstdorf? :-)
miko2095

Post by miko2095 »

the abillity to change the beam
LightScribeSLO

Proposal to improve DSJ4

Post by LightScribeSLO »

1. There must be more people on the ski jumping hill an they must be better dressed ( not only in short and T-Shirt). There must be camera mans, coaches....

2. You can change a suit of ski jumper like this: frontsuit, backsuit, frontsleeves, backsleeves, more colours, two different colours for your helmet.

3. More objects on ski jumping hills ( more towers, coaches tower, chairlift, more ski jumping hills around this hill on which you are jumping, mountains, tower on the top of ski jumping hill...

4. More ski jumping hills in the same country ( Slovenia: Planica, Ljubno, Kranj, Mislinja maybe? )

5. A lot of small ski jumping hills ( HS50 ?)

6. A lot of ski jumpers at the top of ski jumping hill ( they are waiting for their chance to jump)

7. Lines for lenght must be different on every hill.

8. Spectators must have flags, there must be something to did DSJ4 more interesting.
There must be balloons, airplanes...

9. 4 Hills Tournament

10. When ski jumper fall on his head, this fall must be more real. He must lose only one ski when he falls on his head.

11. You can add your own word on your helmet, suit, skis, maybe your own logo. I want to create my own suit with a lot of captions, logos =)
Uvex on your helmet? :D Elan on your skis? ;P

:D
Last edited by LightScribeSLO on 27 Jan 2011, 16:20, edited 2 times in total.
twominutewarning

Post by twominutewarning »

My suggestions:

1. Possibility of choose between day/night events or randomly day/night events.
2. Has "Cup Start/End date" an influence on event time? I mean if I choose start date as Apr 01 and finish date as Nov 16, the evens will happen on daylight or night time?
3. Possibility of "lucky landing" when I will land too late, but the jumper tries not to fall - example Adam Malysz in Willingen 2001: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCBkgHCL0Mo
Playing demo versio of DSJ4 I saw that jumper falls when I click mouse too late, but sometimes he tries not to fall even when he has skies wider than usually during landing.

4. Maybe possibiliy of INJURY? Ex. when jumper will fall 5 times in a row he will miss one WC event?

5. Has "date cup" an influence on snow on the area around the hill? Sometimes when I set cup date on November or February/March the snow is only on hill but not around [not often but ot happens]

6. Short pants and t-shirts for spectactors during winter events? It Looks funny :-)

7. FOG!!! CPU could randomly put less or more fog during some events :-) The visibility could be worse and much realistic gameplay.

8. Snow to fall during event - could be realistic - of course not in all events but sometimes...

9. Colors of jackets number. Of course WC leader wears yelow jacket and the highest number, but maybe put an blue jacket color for first 10 of WC? Of course leader wears yellow jacket and rest from top 10 - 9 jumpers wears blue jackets?

10 Different number of spectactors - Random spectactors number depends on jumper score. Ex - Swiss Simon Amman jumps really good in one season, he is still in top 10, so in Engelberg there could be 15 000 spectactors, but when Amman jums so so - and he takes places between 1 and 20 in events then in Engelberg could be about 8 000.
Another example - Austrian jumpers has not sogood season so on Austrian hills there be not too much fans. And so on...

11. Different skills for jumpers... I mean please set Morgernstern`s skill between 1 and 15 [1 the best jumper - 50 the worst jumper] because Morgernstern athough he dominants this season, has also worse events - sometimes he is 14th, 13th, 18th, and also 3rd, 1st, 8th and so on...
Last edited by twominutewarning on 27 Jan 2011, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings:
Lawrence
Basadoni

Re: Proposal to improve DSJ4

Post by Basadoni »

LightScribeSLO wrote:1. There must be more people on the ski jumping hill an they must be better dressed ( not only in short and T-Shirt). There must be camera mans, coaches....

2. You can change a suit of ski jumper like this: frontsuit, backsuit, frontsleeves, backsleeves, more colours, two different colours for your helmet.

3. More objects on ski jumping hills ( more towers, coaches tower, chairlift, more ski jumping hills around this hill on which you are jumping, mountains, tower on the top of ski jumping hill...

4. More ski jumping hills in the same country ( Slovenia: Planica, Ljubno, Kranj, Mislinja maybe? )

5. A lot of small ski jumping hills ( HS50 ?)

6. A lot of ski jumpers at the top of ski jumping hill ( they are waiting for their chance to jump)

7. Lines for lenght must be different on every hill.

8. Spectators must have flags, there must be something to did DSJ4 more interesting.

:D
1. yes, but Jussi knows this fact

2. two different colours for every thing would be nice

3. I think there should not be to much objects because of the performance on older computers and regarding to clear arrangement

4. I think the most famous should be included

5. no thanks :)

6. see point 3

7. I don`t understand...

8. see point 3

It would be interesting to know which suggestions Jussi is considering...
Michal Szabla

Post by Michal Szabla »

Jussi could you please add some sorting function to the menu where we choose players for competition? , sorting by the country or names would by great
pj.patryk

Post by pj.patryk »

There must be more styles of jumping. For example, Jakub Janda, Robert Kranjec, Maritn Koch not only the style of Wolfgang Loitzl.
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

twominutewarning wrote:My suggestions:

5. Has "date cup" an influence on snow on the area around the hill? Sometimes when I set cup date on November or February/March the snow is only on hill but not around [not often but ot happens]
If you set it like you mentioned you can expect summer hills in the middle of the cup (during the warm months) ;) Set it from Jan till Feb and u will see winter jumps only :)
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

@Jussi
Out of curiosity - does the weather conditions affect the jump in any way? Change the speed of inrun or take-off?
Martin Kafka

Re: Proposal to improve DSJ4

Post by Martin Kafka »

LightScribeSLO wrote:7. Lines for lenght must be different on every hill.

8. There must be something to did DSJ4 more interesting.
Yes, these two are very good proposals, small things like this make DSJ4 closer to the real thing.
Those lines would really make a considerable change in look and feel of the hills. Thumbs up!
These current "mechanical", identical lines should be more varied on every hill.
I already mentioned fireworks on 1 Jan, but that would only be usable in practice. Balloons and airplanes, however, can appear in many competitions, just like in real World Cup events.
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

They jumping style of DSJ4 has caused several people to suggest an option to choose their jumpers style, which doesn't really make much sense - but this made me realise something: In DSJ4, you don't really control the jumper but his skis!!! This is why the jumper always looks like Georg Späth. The angle between jumper and skis seems fixed and you can only control the angle of the skis towards the hill. This is clearly the biggest difference from DSJ3, I believe - and I don't think it's the right approach.

By moving the mouse up/down, we should still be able to control the jumper angle towards his skis so that we can decide the aerodynamic style we want to use depending on the hill and the wind. If we want to jump like Evensen when we are on a K90 hill and have tailwind, then we should be able to do so - even if it means landing at 60 meters. If we want to jump like Georg Späth on a Ski Flying hill with strong headwind, then we should also be able to do that - even if it means landing at 100 meters.

The physics of DSJ4 are already different than the ones of DSJ3, so we will still have a different and more complicated gameplay even when we will still be able to control the jumper rather than the skis. To me, only being able to control the ski angle towards the hill is a fun killer ...
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog