Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Martin Kafka

Re: Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Post by Martin Kafka »

Martin Kafka wrote:I'd like Ctrl+H to function the same way as Ctrl+C, i.e. setting is being applied until the combination's pressed again.
Is this resolved in the upcoming v1.3 ?
Last edited by Martin Kafka on 18 Nov 2012, 20:31, edited 2 times in total.
Tonio94

Changeful wind?

Post by Tonio94 »

What about making changeful wind? For example stronger and stronger? And restart of competition or cancellation of second round?
Rajmek1233

Re: Changeful wind?

Post by Rajmek1233 »

It will be irritating...
MJumper

Re: Changeful wind?

Post by MJumper »

Rajmek1233 wrote:It will be irritating...
This. The wind already changes enough to make record hunting frustrating at times, but cancelling rounds would ruin it completely. It's even annoying when it happens in real ski jumping competitions so why include it ins DSJ? Not all realism adds to the enjoyment of the game. I mean, what's next, corrupt jury that benefits Austrian jumpers or budjet deficiencies that cause bad results for the Finnish team? :mrgreen:

If anything, I'd like to be able to choose wind for offline world cup/team cup. Would save hours of time.
Tonio94

Multiple tournament

Post by Tonio94 »

There are more and more hills - some skiflying, some that allow making Nordic Tournament. What about adding option to make in World Cup some tournaments? That particular competitions will count to 2 overalls - World Cup and the chosen one (option to choose also counting: WC points, Jump points - skiflying (WC) or Nordic Tournament (jump pts)
jjannee

Post by jjannee »

Dear mr.Jussi

My idea is that when you play teamcup mode you can change each jumpers suits inside the team. So then you dont have to play same colored jumpers. Can you do that. It will be more realistic because in real worldcup they havent same colored suit.

Thanks for the reply mr.Jussi :)
Ski jumper from finland!

http://www.youtube.com/user/jiipeekkoo?feature=mhee

SUBSCRIBE ME!
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

Please, reconsider the introduction of mass switching / assigning of WC jumpers.
I'm thinking of a drop-down menu solution, I'm sure something like this can't be too hard to implement:

It's incredibly time consuming and frustrating to switch each and every jumper manually if you've got like 80+ of them. This is particularly useful when more people compete in offline tournaments using only one PC.

Edit: 'Set selected jumpers to...' option would be even better.
Tonio94

Post by Tonio94 »

There are more and more hills - some skiflying, some that allow making Nordic Tournament. What about adding option to make in World Cup some tournaments? That particular competitions will count to 2 overalls - World Cup and the chosen one (option to choose also counting: WC points, Jump points - skiflying (WC) or Nordic Tournament (jump pts)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Martin Kafka wrote:
Martin Kafka wrote:I'd like Ctrl+H to function the same way as Ctrl+C, i.e. setting is being applied until the combination's pressed again.
Yes.
Rid

Post by Rid »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Martin Kafka wrote:
Yes.
Can You add more columns here?
As you see, the red are added by me :p
Skyflyer

Re: Multiple tournament

Post by Skyflyer »

Very good idea. It can be really useful and can diversify playing.
JOIN THE BEST DSJ3 TOURNAMENT!
http://www.dsj3.net/index.php?lang=en
Risto Salonen

Post by Risto Salonen »

I set a World Cup following the 2012-2013 calendar as close as possible, and the last race at Planica was a summer hill. The date is March 24 so you may want to slightly adjust the likelihood for that in the next version ;)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Risto Salonen wrote:I set a World Cup following the 2012-2013 calendar as close as possible, and the last race at Planica was a summer hill. The date is March 24 so you may want to slightly adjust the likelihood for that in the next version ;)
The snow is set to appear from the 300th day (±15 days) to the 90th day (±15 days) of the year. Maybe I should raise the last date of snow a bit. This could be adjusted separately for each hill, too, but I haven't had enough time for that.
Cooltys

Post by Cooltys »

I have a little suggestion:)

It`s about camera changes. A feature that I set before jump, when i want to change camera. For example before landing zoom to player from front side:) Now i can do that but i must to do it manualy. That could be nice if it will be automatic:)
Guppy123

Post by Guppy123 »

I just have a very small wish, Jussi, can you add the Kyrgizistan flag please? Its annoying cause when you create Dimitry Chvykov he cant be from there.