Deluxe Ski Jump Forum

The Official Deluxe Ski Jump Forum
It is currently 11 Nov 2019, 23:27

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2022 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 135  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 11:53 
Offline

Joined: 25 Jan 2007, 20:36
Posts: 252
Anyone suggested to make a topic to collect ideas & suggestions for the future version, whatever it will be, beta or full version, so that the bugs topic would stay clean...

One thing I just noticed: Would it be possible to include custom resolution? E.g. my laptop has kind of a freaky widescreen resolution (so 16:10 widescreen, no 16:9), but there's no 16:10 resolution in the settings, so custom resolution would create the chance for everyone to set resolution to the native resolution of the display :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 12:13 
Offline

Joined: 20 Jan 2011, 17:52
Posts: 177
Location: Poland
What is the exact resolution of your display? I use 1680x1050 on my 16:10 display connected to my desktop computer.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 12:32 
Offline

Joined: 23 Jan 2007, 11:11
Posts: 219
Location: Gostynin [Poland]
- rewind button in replay menu (normal and slow speed if possible)
- duplicate player button in 'select competitors' menu
- xspeedpro block ;)
- 'crouched' landing. When the jumper touches the ground and gets -10 notes but still the lenght of the jump is valid :)

Maybe some more suggestions soon :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 12:36 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: 22 Jan 2007, 14:42
Posts: 2779
Location: Finland
Rewind is not possible without huge memory consumption. The physics simulation is not reversible.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 12:39 
Offline

Joined: 23 Jan 2007, 11:11
Posts: 219
Location: Gostynin [Poland]
Jussi Koskela wrote:
Rewind is not possible without huge memory consumption. The physics simulation is not reversible.

Ahh ok, too bad, but let's leave it the way it is then. We still prefer this game to stay relatively simple :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 12:47 
Offline

Joined: 25 Jan 2007, 20:36
Posts: 252
kitrak wrote:
What is the exact resolution of your display? I use 1680x1050 on my 16:10 display connected to my desktop computer.


nope, on my laptop it's some kind of freakish 11XX x 7XX
Don't know it from my mind, I'm currently on my desktop pc, here it's also 1600 x 1050...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 13:00 
Offline

Joined: 23 Jan 2007, 20:31
Posts: 504
Location: Czech Republic
1) I already told Jussi in Online, but I'll repeat it here: I'd love to hear sounds of rain :-)
You probably won't record any of these in January, but if they made their way in some of the later beta/full releases, it would be just great.
2) Spectators could use a bit of optimization, they are by far the biggest performance eater on my system.
If set to 0, the game runs perfectly smooth even with 4xAA and all other options set to 100%.
3) All or most of the weather conditions (snowfall, rainfall, amount of snow, sun) should definitely affect the jumping (inrun speed) as already discussed in first part of my post here
(btw, thanks for making the second part of it come true ;-) )
How about adding temperature to settings, just for graphic effects?
For example at -15°C, there would be steam coming out of jumper's mouth when exhaling and at 10°C, snow (if any) would be melting. Wouldn't that be cool?
4) I proposed this already for DSJ3, Online chat commands should be extended, I mean especially the possibility to ignore chat messages from a particular nation OR possibility to hide the chat window completely (not just during a jump). Would be really helpful if chat conversation between (let's just say it) numerous Polish players gets heated and messages jump out very, very frequently - it heavily distracts from jumping.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 13:01 
Offline

Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 13:17
Posts: 88
Location: Germany
- Possibility to change gates

in Practice by ourselves
in competition by a Jury

- different jumping styles

I don`t know if it is difficult to include different styles, perhaps three or four, perhaps Jussi can say how hard it is, or if its to complex

- points every half-meter

It is more realistic if only half meters would be visualized, and in brackets the accurate length

- visual advice for practice jumps

a visual advice in practice jumps, how good the jump was, i know, it would be very similar to RTL ski jump, but would be a nice option and motivation for training.
The relevant criteria would be: jump, flight and landing, perhaps with percentage values

- other animations when falling

the jumper falls down like a stone, when he adjust the body to straight forward.
Perhaps he can flatter with the arms?

Perhaps i will have other ideas later on :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 13:02 
Offline

Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 13:17
Posts: 88
Location: Germany
Martin Kafka wrote:
1) I already told Jussi in Online, but I'll repeat it here: I'd love to hear sounds of rain :-)
You probably won't record any of these in January, but if they made their way in some of the later beta/full releases, it would be just great.
2) Spectators could use a bit of optimization, they are by far the biggest performance eater on my system.
If set to 0, the game runs perfectly smooth even with 4xAA and all other options set to 100%.
3) All or most of the weather conditions (snowfall, rainfall, amount of snow, sun) should definitely affect the jumping (inrun speed) as already discussed in first part of my post here
(btw, thanks for making the second part of it come true ;-) )
How about adding temperature to settings, just for graphic effects?
For example at -15°C, there would be steam coming out of jumper's mouth when exhaling and at 10°C, snow (if any) would be melting. Wouldn't that be cool?
4) I proposed this already for DSJ3, Online chat commands should be extended, I mean especially the possibility to ignore chat messages from a particular nation OR possibility to hide the chat window completely (not just during a jump). Would be really helpful if chat conversation between (let's just say it) numerous Polish players gets heated and messages jump out very, very frequently - it heavily distracts from jumping.


very good ideas, Martin! :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 14:08 
Offline

Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 12:37
Posts: 6
1) Well, I think the jumper's position should be closer to the skies (not as close as in DSJ3 but more agressive, especially with the front wind). Look at the real ski jump videos from Lahti or Harrachov, then turn F2 angle, you'll see the difference.
2) Maybe some dangerous (but rare) wind gusts or rapid changes of wind direction? It should make jumper's position unstable and enlarge a risk of crash.
3) Wind compensation system as an option.
4) CPU changes length of an inrun during the competition (also as an option).
5) Longer flights should be more difficult to land.

These are only my little wishes, because the game (even beta-1) is brilliant! Most realistic and playable ski jumping game :!:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 14:08 
Offline

Joined: 01 Oct 2009, 13:49
Posts: 792
Location: Poland
I would like the free camera. I think, that replays would be more incredible.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 14:17 
Offline

Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 14:04
Posts: 12
Location: Poland
Inasmuch as in the 4th version more details have been added, maybe worth append a crowd or increase textures in game? However many of people have high-end computers, and options are only possibility. ;-)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 14:53 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 18:21
Posts: 159
Location: Finland
Lighting conditions need adjusting particularly in Lahti. In World Cup competitions the lights are always on, which causes the daytime conditions to be too bright (default brightness setting, January) and it's heavy for hardware performance. In Lillehammer the hill is too dark in certain afternoon hours (Jan) because the lights aren't on at all, though this is probably a bug.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: ..
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 16:14 
Offline

Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 15:41
Posts: 46
is it possible to make something like private trophy in main menu?
If someone will have bronze medal in world cup he will earn bronze trophy WC with date.
It will be quite funny to see after few months own trophies :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: ..
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2011, 16:20 
Offline

Joined: 23 Jan 2007, 11:11
Posts: 219
Location: Gostynin [Poland]
sb103 wrote:
is it possible to make something like private trophy in main menu?
If someone will have bronze medal in world cup he will earn bronze trophy WC with date.
It will be quite funny to see after few months own trophies :)


Agree! Top Idea! :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2022 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 135  Next

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group