Why is team cup not popular

Discussion about online/offline tournaments.
MikesCZ

Why is team cup not popular

Post by MikesCZ »

Yesterday no one except for Poland had a team, it was just Poland vs Mix.

Countries like Slovenia, Germany, Norway, even Finland and Czech have enough players online to assemble a team, but do not join team cup.

Do players not like team competition? I personally love it and I remember times when CZE had a competitive team and it was so much fun.
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Nejc Kavasaki

Re: Why is team cup not popular

Post by Nejc Kavasaki »

DSJ4 is not popular anymore in slovenija... and i know for 4 slovenian players who are playing every day.. and they dont have time to play in thursdays...

i like team cup too.. :)
PEAK: 1842
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Nejc Kavasaki wrote:DSJ4 is not popular anymore in slovenija... and i know for 4 slovenian players who are playing every day.. and they dont have time to play in thursdays...

The same applies for the other countries....All those I mentioned have enough active players to assemble a team, but nobody plays team cup
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Nejc Kavasaki

Post by Nejc Kavasaki »

MikesCZ wrote:
Nejc Kavasaki wrote:DSJ4 is not popular anymore in slovenija... and i know for 4 slovenian players who are playing every day.. and they dont have time to play in thursdays...

The same applies for the other countries....All those I mentioned have enough active players to assemble a team, but nobody plays team cup
Maybe because they dont have time to play it... :)
PEAK: 1842
MJumper

Post by MJumper »

I think there is a bit of a "positive feedback loop" effect in team cup. That is, if you join team cup one week and find that there are not enough people for a team, you're probably less likely to show up the next week, which causes there to be fewer players that week (because everybody thinks nobody will be there). Conversely, if there are a lot of people one week, you're more likely to try again next week. In other words, people are drawn to people (or: "the more popular something is, the more popular it gets"). So, even though there are in total enough players to form perhaps even a couple of teams, it's unlikely to see them all the same week unless enough of them are committed to show up every week and make people feel that even checking out team cup might be worth it. That's my observation at least.