Deluxe Ski Jump Forum

The Official Deluxe Ski Jump Forum
It is currently 15 Nov 2019, 00:13

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2008, 19:27 

Somehow, I brought to run DSJ2 quite acceptable on my WinXP :D

Just wanted to know if some of you guys still play? I got no skill anymore, but it's fun for boring afternoons anyway... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2008, 22:17 

I prefer to do real skijumping ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2008, 22:19 

yeah, me too, but you know spare time and so on ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2008, 01:01 

Severin
I do ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2008, 22:55 

hmm, at least I did a 244 in China right now... Skill is developing :D
Still I'm on 12 in Germany Cup Scores... :roll:

I'ma make it to the Top3 and then quit again :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2008, 23:10 

Hmmm... I was jumping for last few months many times... And i had 245.60 Chi and 157,72 CZE (etc) and thats was my first PB from Remek's, Bolas's- times... From 4 years ;)

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2013, 15:10 

I'm still playing DSJ2. And actually, I was looking for a right topic to ask for help...
I have had a big break in playing DSJ. I started playing it in 2001. I have never been a big jumper, but was able to make several close-K or beyond-K jumps on all hills - it went just OK. Later I changed my computer and haven't played DSJ for years...
In the meantime I tried DSJ3 and was very disappointed - I just couldn't play it. It was extremely difficult, nothing worked, I just "fell from the hill table" in every jump and often I wasn't even able to make a paralell landing. The graphics were a step forward, sure, but in terms of gameplay I found the game terrible.
Some months ago I recalled DSJ2, downloaded the game and found it can be run without problems through DOSBox/D-Fend Reloaded (I'm an avid retro player - Sierra adventures, Dizzy games, old platform and arcade games, Humongous Entertainment educational adventure games for children... - yes, I enjoy games and films for children even as a convinced childless 32-year-old). And I find coming back to this game almost as difficult as my unsucessful transition to DSJ3... Not a single jump beyond the K point. Most often I do jumps like 60 meters on K-135 or 75 meters on K-220. My record on the Czech hill is 112,5 m... Rarely do I fly high enough to see my shadow disappear for more than a while. I realize I probably take off at a very wrong point, but I keep trying and nothing works. When playing the game in 2001, I got the hang of it way easier...
The game works strangely slow. I have set the CPU speed for this game in D-Fend Reloaded at 45000 cycles (10000 is default) - seems still too slow, maybe it has some influence on my problems with playing the game - not just well, not even OK, but in a non-lamentable way...
I'm not a dexterous person, my tapping speed is below average, I have EXTREMELY bad handwriting, I drop items quite often - but it's not THAT bad, while I'm no arcade champion, I'm able to play arcade games on a reasonable level. And in case of this game - pure despair...

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2013, 18:56 

Nowhere Girl wrote:
I'm not a dexterous person, my tapping speed is below average, I have EXTREMELY bad handwriting, I drop items quite often - but it's not THAT bad, while I'm no arcade champion, I'm able to play arcade games on a reasonable level.

That's defenitely not a problem, having weak hands! I have same problem, i'm not a dexterous person too. But i was quite good in DSJ 4 some time. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2019, 12:37 

Hi Jumpers, 6/8 weeks ago i run dsj 2 to see do i still remember how to jump, 118,48m in 3rd jump in finland so i guess i do :roll:
Is there any website with turnaments for 2019?
Bad luck i delete my old email, and there was only copy of my key to DSJ :oops:
So, in 2019 how it looks like? :?: "Still anyone jumping out there?" :?: