Creating CPU jumper packs - performance ratio issue

General discussion about DSJ4.
Przemek1986

Creating CPU jumper packs - performance ratio issue

Post by Przemek1986 »

Hey guys,
Sometimes it's necessary to edit the existing ski jumper packs.
I am directing these questions to the ones who have made some CPU packs in the past.

Question 1: What should be the performance of the best jumper in a jumper pack? It shouldn't be set too high or too low (if too high = we have a superhuman jumper who NEVER makes mistakes. If too low = even a 4-year-old baby would be able to win competitions without any practice or skills). So what are the correct values?

Question 2: When the value of the best jumper is set, how much lower should be the values of the jumpers #2, 3, 4 and so on.

For example, season 2004/05:

1. Janne Ahonen 1715 points
2. Roar Ljoekelsoey 1440 points
3. Matti Hautamaeki 1275 points
4. Malysz, 5. Hoellwarth...and so on.

What should be the performance of Ahonen and how much worse should Ljoekelsoey be than Ahonen (point difference between the two jumpers is 275 points). However, the difference between Ljoekelsoey and Hautamaeki is only 165 points, which means that Hautamaeki is "less worse" than Ljoekelsoey and that Ljoekelsoey is "more worse" than Ahonen. What should the differences be?

I'm so sorry guys. I know that my description sounds complicated. I can't find any better way to explain it. I just want to get the performance ratio fine, to make CPU ski jumper packs realistic.
Maciejo-96

Re: Creating CPU jumper packs - performance ratio issue

Post by Maciejo-96 »

I think it's actually too heavy to make CPU ski jumpers more realistic, because maximal CPU skills are based on rating 1600. Jussi based that with using online game stats when there were some players with rating over 1700, also even about 1800. I have still the same opinion that level of CPU players should be reworked.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Przemek1986

Re: Creating CPU jumper packs - performance ratio issue

Post by Przemek1986 »

That's true but, still, if you go to World Cup and then Settings, you can set CPU Skill Bias (from -1000 to +1000). That means that you can crank up the overall opponents' skills, or tune them down if you are a beginner.

So, according to what you say (if I understand you well), the best jumper of the season should be set to 1600. Okay, that's fine...but what about the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th etc. positions. What should be the values of those jumpers.

If only we could set a mathematical constant, for example: if jumper A, in real life, has 300 points more than the jumper B (in the world cup standings), then jumper B should have, say, 50 skill points less than jumper A. In other words: 300-point difference in real life = 50-skill-point difference in DSJ4)
I hope you know what I mean. If we managed to figure it out, then ALL OF US would be able to create more or less realistic CPU jumper packs.