The future of DSJ

General discussion about DSJ4.
MJumper

Re: The future of DSJ

Post by MJumper »

Jussi Koskela wrote: I'm not going to give any numbers, but the share is not that high. I think one of the problems is that it's mostly the very high level players who keep playing online, which, in turn, scares the beginners easily away.

Free online playing would naturally attract more players to buy the base game but I'm not convinced if it work in the long run.
Ok, thanks. Would it be reasonable to offer free online playing in the unrated (warm up) room only? Then, if you want to go competitive you need to purchase a licence. That way, there might be more traffic in the online lobby because beginners would be able to check it out even after their free period has expired. I'm sure that one concern for purchasing the online subsription is the knowledge/ignorance of how many people are actively playing which you can't really know if you can't even enter the lobby without an active subscription. Thus, many potential buyers might skip it because they don't want to risk anything.
Jakob_PL

Post by Jakob_PL »

I Think a huge problem is that many players, who didn't afford the game, take some keys from the internet.
-How about that you need Internet-connection to register yourself on DSJ (when you have no internet, you can't register).
-Every key can be registered just once (or twice would be better, my Father also enjoy the Game and he got my old computer). When you want to Register more times, just ask jussi ;)
-Perhaps, and this is just PERHAPS, Jussi (or we) can make a brand-new look of DSJ, because, and no offense, A game with "deluxe" in the name usually sounds like a boring internet flash game, and keeps me away of it. A new Logo could also be a nice Advertising.

What do you think of it?
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

I think it's nice idea :)

The biggest problem is that few play if no features. Almost all players need features, mostly new hills, and if they didn't receive any of them, they get bored because of no new features and stop playing. So actual way of developing of game isn't right, game need more and more new.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
J.MIRO

Post by J.MIRO »

So maybe if making new hills doesn't pay off, you will simply make 1 hill for 2 months, and release new version for 14/15 with 5 hills?
Well, for me any hill is good. Even hill, wnich is not popular (Kuopio HS100) Becouse everyone, who was a little bit interested in DSJ, the first question is: ,,How many hills is in this game?" And ''Is there K.O?''
So that's the point, in my opinion.
maftei.alin

Post by maftei.alin »

More hills = better game
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Of course! ;)
maftei.alin

Post by maftei.alin »

Last year in the spring was 2 new hills :(
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Jakob_PL wrote:I Think a huge problem is that many players, who didn't afford the game, take some keys from the internet.
-How about that you need Internet-connection to register yourself on DSJ (when you have no internet, you can't register).
-Every key can be registered just once (or twice would be better, my Father also enjoy the Game and he got my old computer). When you want to Register more times, just ask jussi ;)
This kind of protection will be cracked quickly and is mainly an annoyance to those who play the game legally.
Jakob_PL

Post by Jakob_PL »

Jakob_PL wrote:
I Think a huge problem is that many players, who didn't afford the game, take some keys from the internet.
This kind of protection will be cracked quickly and is mainly an annoyance to those who play the game legally.
How about an account? I know, Key is fine, but that's like Minecraft does it, you just register with your Account you have on Mediamond (if you bought that game, it's premium then), so noone can be able to log in with another one's Acc (except that some can publish the password), but then! An account is able to be connected only ONCE at the Moment.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Jakob_PL wrote: How about an account? I know, Key is fine, but that's like Minecraft does it, you just register with your Account you have on Mediamond (if you bought that game, it's premium then), so noone can be able to log in with another one's Acc (except that some can publish the password), but then! An account is able to be connected only ONCE at the Moment.
Then a constant Internet connection would be required while playing the game. That's not desirable for many honest players.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

I agree with Jussi, it would make bigger mess. But now more important are new versions and big load of new features there :)
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

jukkis wrote:what about donation through PayPal or so? Once there is a reasonable amount (fair compensation for your work) donated, new hills could be made? A win-win situation for all, no? :)
I guess you can always buy a 20-year online subscription. There's no upper limit for those PayPal orders, so it's up to eventual supporters how many times they click the PayPal button ;)
Jakob_PL

Post by Jakob_PL »

Then a constant Internet connection would be required while playing the game. That's not desirable for many honest players.
I meant that you could register yourselves with Internet connection, but then have the settings of Premium-Acc saved in your computer, so no more Connection is requiered.
dddr

Post by dddr »

Jussi, are you planning to make new hills in the future
Rid

Post by Rid »

hah, I'm not suprised.
That's why you should include about 20-30hills from start and not releasing one-three hills per year. You will get money and you won't be looking for motivation to create new hills, new features.

You should listen to people ideas. Better calendar, career mode, podium after competition, separate overall ranking for skiflying WC, Ski Flying World Championship mode, more suit parts can be colored, more helmet styles and more more more.
Why not release it on Steam?

Look at Hotline Miami, it's cheaper than DSJ4, but it's finished and gives us awesome gameplay. DSJ4 is still at beta state, it still lacks of things about I wrote above.

Also, why don't you release source code of DSJ2?