The future of DSJ

General discussion about DSJ4.
Maciejo-96

Re: The future of DSJ

Post by Maciejo-96 »

And the problem with level of sales is because there are less and less people who want to buy this game... Maybe because it's too difficult to buy this game twice? :lol: Just kidding, because there are some people who bought more than one key to this game.
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

P.S. DSJ3 wasn't even the second most popular game in Europe. :lol:[/quote]

It was :lol:

I was talking about the game of ski jumping :wink:

On my opinion It was the more popular then RTL Skijumping , but again this is only my opinion :D

From the beginning of "our wrangling"on this forum :D we know that in terms of money...I understand you , I respect this i know how much work, hope u had about DSJ4....

But remember , Our little community you belong to the same , is grateful for what you did , so not looking at earnings because they more of not be , anything else you can do for us ,lest keep what you have created .

You know, we know so this is really easy to you.....TRUE :(
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
smkt

Post by smkt »

SoBo wrote: On my opinion It was the more popular then RTL Skijumping , but again this is only my opinion :D
RTL Skijumping has over 1 million sold copies (http://www.gry-online.pl/gra.asp?ID=188) so DSJ is probably not even close.

The main problem here is that ski jumping is not a popular sport and there's no chance that ski jumping game will provide high income. DSJ could exist because Jussi developed it alone, so the costs were very low. Most of the potential players has already bought the game and there will not be much more new because ski jumping is losing popularity in Poland and probably Finland too (and I think that these coutries are the biggest markets of DSJ).

Adding new hills won't bring new players, it will only attract those who stopped playing. What is the difference for someone who never played DSJ 4 if there are 26 hills or 24? If he wanted to play he would buy it anyway.
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

smkt wrote: Adding new hills won't bring new players, it will only attract those who stopped playing. What is the difference for someone who never played DSJ 4 if there are 26 hills or 24? If he wanted to play he would buy it anyway.
Finaly someone who speaks sense!
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Also, I saw that another problem with low sales level is too high price of this game. Maybe I wrote about that earlier, but it isn't a problem. The problem exists mostly in Poland, where a lot of players use pirated key. The main reason is too high price - they usually say that this game offers too less capabilities with this price. In Poland player who want to buy DSJ4 have to pay almost 70 PLN, which is for a lot of people (usually young) too high price. They say that they would pay for this game maximally 30-40 PLN, which is about 7-8 euro. I am not surprised with their opinions.
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

70 pln is nothing. What does RTL skijumping cost?
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

If I were you, I wouldn't compare RTL Ski Jumping with DSJ. It's more expanded (career mode) and it's licensed by FIS, but it has worse physics than DSJ and it isn't as addictive as DSJ. And - surprise - RTL SJ 2007 was costing in Poland after official premiere in Poland 19.99 PLN, which is about 3x less than DSJ4 and about 2x less than DSJ3.
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

I don't know about the price level in Poland but when I bought RTL Skijumping (think it was 2006 edition) it cost around 220 pln here in Norway. The avrage prices for computer games are maybe around 200 - 280 pln.
Gutek70

Post by Gutek70 »

@up
do not compare prices with Norway Polish, because the same earnings differ from each other. For example, a bottle of mineral water in Poland PLN 1.5 and in Norway 12 PLN per PLN
Gram tylko online - I only play online!!!
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Jussi i address this post to you :)

After going through the same subject over and over we are all tired. Sad thing is that you're not looking for any soulutions anymore. You are just trying to prove that further developement is pointless due to low incomes.Ok we can agree that incomes are to low but still you got approximately 4.000 Euro per year wich is really good income for somoene who havent spent more than 10 minutes to improve the game since almost 3 yeras. If you could share your expensive time with us and make 2 new hills you could hold the same or even higher level of incomes for another 2-3 yeras. We expect direct, clear, short and uderstandable answer are you able to do that for us: Yes or No ?
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

No new hills are coming as I have said many times.

Just to be precise: During the last 3 years I have spent over one year improving the game.
Nix3e

Post by Nix3e »

new hills please.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

hahahahaha nice trolling XDDD
Jussi is too tired to write more and more many times about new hills. You must accept that.

DSJ is not a base of your lifes.
Dominik vel Maślana doesn't think like that because he is so badly addicted XDDDDDDD
Chabiker

Post by Chabiker »

Jussi Koskela wrote:No new hills are coming as I have said many times.

Just to be precise: During the last 3 years I have spent over one year improving the game.
fair enough :?
DSJ ADDICT
Gutek70

Post by Gutek70 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:No new hills are coming as I have said many times.

Well, you cross the road !! Selfish and calculating Man!
Grace without !!!

Polish: I krzyż Ci na drogę!! Samolubny i wyrahowany człowieczku!
Łaski bez!!!
Gram tylko online - I only play online!!!