A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT ONLINE GAME

General discussion about DSJ4.
zhilla

A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT ONLINE GAME

Post by zhilla »

I love ski jumps and DSJ 4 so I'm thinking of buying the full version. Can you please tell me a bit more about online game? I have a few questions:

How does online game exactly look like? Can I see other players when they are jumping?
Can I create my own tournament. For example if I want to play with my friend who also has full version 1v1, can we make our own mini tournament of few hills and the points will be automatically added up?

Thanks
Zmaster

Re: A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT ONLINE GAME

Post by Zmaster »

You can see only other players' results. You can't create custom tournaments online.
That's gotta hurt.
zhilla

Post by zhilla »

So can I compete with my buddy 1v1? How does online mode even look like, are they dedicated servers and you just choose which one you'd like to join or can you create your own server? Can I also put AI players in online competition?
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

You can't make a dedicated room for you and your friend. There are several premade rooms for practising and few choises of rooms that run different setup of hills. Also there are rooms for weekly and monthly online tournaments.

You jump both with the same 10second window and wind seed at the same time. You will see each others' results after the jump and can continue to next jump when bot h are ready, or when a 10 second timer forces the game to continue for next round. No AI possible online.

So you can compete with your buddy 1v1 but anyone can join the room you are jumping.
That's gotta hurt.