Landing behind the fall line

General discussion about DSJ4.
davisp

Landing behind the fall line

Post by davisp »

If you start from gate 55 at Kulm you can easily land behind the fall line. Of course you will crash... BUT the judges won't consider it as a crash... the german judge even gave me 17.0 :-D haha this is hilarious.

I don't know if this has been discussed yet... but it's really cool :wink:
World Record Holder for 5 minutes
akkarbelling

Re: Landing behind the fall line

Post by akkarbelling »

Wonder if that works in real life aswell :)
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX3Hvf9gx3s That has been around for a while ;)
That's gotta hurt.
ps391

Post by ps391 »

davisp wrote:I know that's what it says, but you can also do the following. If you start from gate 55 at Kulm you can easily land behind the fall line. Of course you will crash... BUT the judges won't consider it as a crash... the german judge even gave me 17.0 :-D haha this is hilarious.

I don't know if this has been discussed yet... but it's really cool. I know it works :wink:
The judges won't consider it a crash??? :shock: :D
Last edited by ps391 on 06 Mar 2014, 02:30, edited 2 times in total.
Georg Gasser

Post by Georg Gasser »

If they let Jurij Tepes jump at Vikersund from highest gate and upwind he could jumper over fall line and they will count it as WR but the FIS dont do it because nobody knows what happens after take off if he make a frontflip or something else because of the high speed and if he would jump over fall line imagine what happens with him (break all bones etc.)
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Georg Gasser wrote:If they let Jurij Tepes jump at Vikersund from highest gate and upwind he could jumper over fall line and they will count it as WR but the FIS dont do it because nobody knows what happens after take off if he make a frontflip or something else because of the high speed and if he would jump over fall line imagine what happens with him (break all bones etc.)
interesting thought. Women jumpers start from much higher gates than men, but only small hills right? I don't think they would let them jump from high gates in flying hills..
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

MikesCZ wrote:
Georg Gasser wrote:If they let Jurij Tepes jump at Vikersund from highest gate and upwind he could jumper over fall line and they will count it as WR but the FIS dont do it because nobody knows what happens after take off if he make a frontflip or something else because of the high speed and if he would jump over fall line imagine what happens with him (break all bones etc.)
interesting thought. Women jumpers start from much higher gates than men, but only small hills right? I don't think they would let them jump from high gates in flying hills..

If i'm not mistaken, the last time women jumped in a ski flying hill, was in the old Vikersund hill. Maybe it was in 2006 - 2007. I think they jumped before the coc competition started. They jumped from the same gates as the male jumpers. I don't think that women has jumped in a ski flying hill after that? Or am i mistaken?