Park City HS134 screenshot

General discussion about DSJ4.
SuperAdo111

Re: Park City HS134 screenshot

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Shut up guys! How can Jussi make some hill more interesting and different when 80% of hills are actually same? That's not his problem. Respect Jussi for what he is working for Ski Jumping community (try to imagine that there's no DSJ , what ski-jumping game you'd play?). Great one Jussi, as always. Just hopes to see few more hills before season starts, but take time you need and release game whenever you think it's ready. ;)
Last edited by SuperAdo111 on 29 Oct 2013, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.
Pertti Sarka

Post by Pertti Sarka »

SuperAdo111 wrote:Shut up guys! How can Jussi make some hill more interesting and different when 80% of hills are actually same. That's not his problem. Respect Jussi for what he is working for Ski Jumping community (try to imagine that there's no DSJ , what ski-jumping game you'd play?). Great one Jussi, as always. Just hopes to see few more hills before season starts, but take time you need and release game whenever you think it's ready. ;)
X2
majkolaj

Post by majkolaj »

Neither pretty nor ugly.
wisła - hs 134
park city hs 134
sapporo hs 134
val di fiemme hs 134
zakopane hs 134
god !!!!!!
Do Einsiedeln - HS 117 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or
Innsbruck - HS 130
Oberhof - HS 140
Almaty - HS 140
Oberstdorf - HS 137
Planica - HS 139
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

SuperAdo111 wrote:Shut up guys! How can Jussi make some hill more interesting and different when 80% of hills are actually same? That's not his problem. Respect Jussi for what he is working for Ski Jumping community (try to imagine that there's no DSJ , what ski-jumping game you'd play?). Great one Jussi, as always. Just hopes to see few more hills before season starts, but take time you need and release game whenever you think it's ready. ;)
X3
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Heel wrote:That's not a good job, because it's just another hill similar to last one.
Real hills simply are quite similar to each other (especially the modern ones) since the FIS rules specify quite strictly the shape of the profile. DSJ4 is about real hills, so it's not possible to make such crazy hills as I did in DSJ3 and DSJ2. I am also limited to include only those hills for which I have been able to get a permission and profile information.
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

Heel wrote:That's not a good job, because it's just another hill similar to last one.
Dork
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Oh, one more thing. The Park City hills are situated at the altitude of 2185 meters which is over 1000 meters higher than any other hill in DSJ4. This means that the air density (and air resistance) will be 10-20 percent lower than in other hills. This alone will make the jumping quite unique.
Krzysztof Stuchlik

Post by Krzysztof Stuchlik »

really interesting Jussi. :D
*****Shahen*****
Never to retreat, never to surrender!
Slovenia HS281 -320,90 m (World Record)

http://www.shahendsj.aaf.pl
Heel

Post by Heel »

I didin't write that's an awful hill, but when I read commets "amazing, brilliant, beautiful, fantastic etc." I don't even words to write what i want ;p Jussi, maybe you can try show us another capture of new hills? 'Cause top of the hill it's not very intresting :D

For example, somethin' like this:

Try suprise us sometimes :P
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Heel wrote:I didin't write that's an awful hill, but when I read commets "amazing, brilliant, beautiful, fantastic etc." I don't even words to write what i want ;p Jussi, maybe you can try show us another capture of new hills? 'Cause top of the hill it's not very intresting :D
So, basically you don't dislike the hill, but you dislike that some other people like the hill. :wink:
Screenshot for Park City HS100 will be from the takeoff.
nanucha

Post by nanucha »

Hi.

But what about smaller hills than K120, K90 or K185?
What about K60, K30? For Example Oberstdorf? It will be something different and good to training :)
From that day (20.02.1994) I LOVE ski jumping:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPKuWuP ... =spoon03jp
Heel

Post by Heel »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Heel wrote:I didin't write that's an awful hill, but when I read commets "amazing, brilliant, beautiful, fantastic etc." I don't even words to write what i want ;p Jussi, maybe you can try show us another capture of new hills? 'Cause top of the hill it's not very intresting :D
So, basically you don't dislike the hill, but you dislike that some other people like the hill. :wink:
Basically - yes. I'm appreciate your work and it's good to see any new hills, but that hill isn't "amazing", everyone may has different opinion, unfortunately. I'm waitin' for another SS ;p
Damian87

Post by Damian87 »

excellent hill jussi =)

Little hill Park City is finished?
Lechoo

Post by Lechoo »

Nice to see new hills in the game, Jussi.

But I hope that you will manage to make Bischofshofen HS78 before 22nd November. We need such a small hill in a game.
Rajmek1233

Post by Rajmek1233 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:Oh, one more thing. The Park City hills are situated at the altitude of 2185 meters which is over 1000 meters higher than any other hill in DSJ4. This means that the air density (and air resistance) will be 10-20 percent lower than in other hills. This alone will make the jumping quite unique.
Hm.Maybe WR will be from gate x+2 or x+3?