Gibbons of jumps

General discussion about DSJ4.
Lightning

Gibbons of jumps

Post by Lightning »

Jussi, tell us, because its much speculation lately, that it's possible or not to make gibbon in jumps that like some people use in their jumps? Because i think it must be against physic in real life. Jumper shaking very much front and back after takeoff and then suddenly calm flight.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gibbons of jumps

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I can't do it but it doesn't mean that somebody else couldn't do it in the game. In full speed it must be very very difficult.
And in real life jumping it's certainly impossible.
domi_deluxe

Post by domi_deluxe »

can somebody tell me what "gibbon" is? and why it is called "gibbon"?

yesterday i found a video (youtube) of the longest jump in dsj4
in the comments the people also talk about "gibbon" and that i did it at first ...!?

i think you all mean the shaky takeoff, the ups and downs in the first flight seconds??? right ...!?

i can tell you:
i don't do that intentionally
nearly all of my jumps are a little bit shaky, because i have no robot-hand :mrgreen:
and in sapporo and harrachov the shaky takeoff puts me probalbly that far ... i don't know
but for example in lahti i had no movements in the whole jump ... also on my not-landed wr in oberstdorf

it is a bit funny that people think it is a new cheating style :lol:

i mean, all of the records of sliwinski has absolutely no movements, not a millimeter
i think THAT is much more difficult to do than the shaky takeoff ...
###fu**ing cheaters!!!###
Michael

Post by Michael »

domi_deluxe wrote:can somebody tell me what "gibbon" is? and why it is called "gibbon"?

yesterday i found a video (youtube) of the longest jump in dsj4
in the comments the people also talk about "gibbon" and that i did it at first ...!?

i think you all mean the shaky takeoff, the ups and downs in the first flight seconds??? right ...!?

i can tell you:
i don't do that intentionally
nearly all of my jumps are a little bit shaky, because i have no robot-hand :mrgreen:
and in sapporo and harrachov the shaky takeoff puts me probalbly that far ... i don't know
but for example in lahti i had no movements in the whole jump ... also on my not-landed wr in oberstdorf

it is a bit funny that people think it is a new cheating style :lol:

i mean, all of the records of sliwinski has absolutely no movements, not a millimeter
i think THAT is much more difficult to do than the shaky takeoff ...
If you remember 2 players which was banned in spring (i dont know names anymore) but they suddenly did enormuos jumps in few hills when they just joined the game. They had this gibbon in takeofs. By the way if someone has this jumps replayes still can you upload them please? :)
MJumper

Post by MJumper »

domi_deluxe wrote:can somebody tell me what "gibbon" is? and why it is called "gibbon"?
gibbon |ˈgibən|
noun
a small, slender tree-dwelling ape with long powerful arms and loud hooting calls, native to the forests of Southeast Asia. See also white-handed gibbon . • Family Hylobatidae and genus Hylobates: several species.
ORIGIN late 18th cent.: from French, from an Indian dialect word.

But that's hardly it.... :mrgreen: I didn't know either. Googled it and found this: http://dsj.wikia.com/wiki/Physics#DSJ2

So, if I understood that right it is about going super-quickly all the way down and then immediately back up again to the optimal flight position (?). I remember this worked in DSJ 2 but I don't know about DSJ 4. As you said, the best jumps seem to be very stable.

I guess the jump is called that because it supposedly resembles the way that actual gibbons jump (?).
domi_deluxe

Post by domi_deluxe »

Michael wrote:If you remember 2 players which was banned in spring (i dont know names anymore) but they suddenly did enormuos jumps in few hills when they just joined the game. They had this gibbon in takeofs. By the way if someone has this jumps replayes still can you upload them please? :)
yes i remember ... one of them was from bulgaria and the other one from kazachstan i think ...
but i don't have the replays ...
MJumper wrote:I didn't know either. Googled it and found this: http://dsj.wikia.com/wiki/Physics#DSJ2
So, if I understood that right it is about going super-quickly all the way down and then immediately back up again to the acual flight position (?). I remember this worked in DSJ 2 but I don't know about DSJ 4. As you said, the best jumps seem to be very stable.
in dsj2 a lot of players did that "gibbon-style" ... because of the longer jumps you had ... the body went under the ski
but in dsj4 it is not that much ... because it is just a few wobbles in the air

and to all the polish people here:
i searched for my name in the polish threads und put it into google translate = ok, many words went wrong, but i understood the important things
THEY ALL THINK THAT I AM A CHEATER
:lol:

i have a proposal for you:
i will try to record my jumping on any hill
i have 132 jumpers + 30 in 2nd round = 152 jumps in video
then you will see how i jump
... and maybe there will be a personal record in this video with my shaky hand :P
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

Personally i don't think you are a cheater, i have no problems to understand you, simply because i play on high sensitivity of mouse.
domi_deluxe

Post by domi_deluxe »

Bartek Palewicz wrote:Personally i don't think you are a cheater, i have no problems to understand you, simply because i play on high sensitivity of mouse.
it is good to hear!!!

i don't even know why the jumps go so far although i wiggle so much ... :shock:

and it only depends on the mouse sensitivity, yes