Goodbye

General discussion about DSJ4.
he10th3r310

Goodbye

Post by he10th3r310 »

Hi all. I'm writing something here now because you need to know about my decision that was really difficult and hard to make but also it's maybe better this way. I'm going to retire from DSJ gaming. That's something I have been thinking for a long time but yesterday I just finally felt ''that's it''.

Maybe nobody want's to hear any explanations why is this the situation now but I'm going to tell a little. For 3 years soon, DSJ has been very important part of my everyday life and during the last 6-7 months my addiction to this game has gone really bad. Worse and worse everyday. Simply I could say that playing DSJ and thinking about records prevents me from fulfilling my other dreams in real life. I have a study in university and might soon have a girlfriend too... + I also would have to eat and sleep, which is always not so easy because I only want more world records everyday. Another thing, being 1st on lists has been the only way for me to gain respect from other people because I pretty much lack social life outside internet. During the last months I've felt like a super hero and person that is known around world everywhere. Which probably is not even true... But, I understand that this is not the right way and the main point of a game should be enjoying it. And now it's more like suffering for me. What I learned from all this, is that it's lot more easier to be the chaser, than being chased. It's impossible for me to think that this is just a game, because it has been the way of life, my social world, only thing where I can challenge people and try to be the best... I hope you can understand me.

I want to say thank you to all people who played this wonderful game with me during all those years and I got so much good memories. And if we had some problems in the past, I'm sorry for them and hope we can finally forget all that. Special thanks to Jussi for making the most addictive game ever, or actually many of them ;)

Happy and peaceful easter to everyone and hopefully you all can have much great jumps in future too!

-Hex
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
Pertti Sarka

Re: Goodbye

Post by Pertti Sarka »

Congrats!
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Good decision, games should be about having fun, and not about lack of social life, sleep etc. ;)
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Very good and very right decision!
I was playing DSJ 2 and DSJ 3 at Germany's Top 3 and World's Top 30 for many years...
Now i play sometime or other only and there is much more time for some more important things ;)

Maybe we will see you someday when DSJ 5 hits the windows 9 app store :D just playing for fun, not for the top of the (DSJ)-world :wink:
Michael

Post by Michael »

Heikki, be back soon. DSJ game needs you. Don't let us eternally please :( You are maybe most amazing player of history!
Georg Gasser

Post by Georg Gasser »

Yes, but then hi will hold all Wr :(
Jericho

Post by Jericho »

Michael wrote:Heikki, be back soon. DSJ game needs you. Don't let us eternally please :( You are maybe most amazing player of history!
I agree With you Heikki :wink:
Ski-Stars Summer grand prix Dsj4 champion 2012

Up the irons
Michael

Post by Michael »

Georg Gasser wrote:Yes, but then hi will hold all Wr :(
I know and maybe that not so good thing but his jumps are amazing for watching...

I thaught his post was joke first.