Oslo - Holmenkollen HS134 hill (INQUIRY)

General discussion about DSJ4.

You want Holmenkollen HS134 hill with:

complete building
56%
partial building
20%
or partially transparent
25%

Total votes: 61

Martin Kafka

Re: Oslo - Holmenkollen HS134 hill (INQUIRY)

Post by Martin Kafka »

Jussi Koskela wrote:In DSJ3 even one infamous tree between the camera and the ski jumper was too much. ;)
People will always complain, no matter what. Landing 300+ with a telemark was too unrealistic. When the landing's finally a challenge, it's too difficult! Boo hoo!
I've been jumping on F2 since day one and never had a problem with the tree. (If anything, it helped to time the take-off properly.) People need to stop whining about everything.

As for the Holmenkollen, surely it would be visually more pleasing to have the complete structure of the hill. Isn't this what we have the free camera for? Anyone can adjust it to suit their taste. Therefore, I believe that a construction obstructing the view is not an issue anymore. However, this would only work if we could save the camera settings for each hill separately (would allow more trees around Engelberg's inrun, too). But I understand that it might be too much of a hassle and forced adapting for many people, so after all, leaving it as it is is perhaps the most reasonable solution.
Last edited by Martin Kafka on 02 Nov 2012, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
smolAREK

Re: Oslo - Holmenkollen HS134 hill (INQUIRY)

Post by smolAREK »

I vote for partial building - flying with F2 camera should be equally easy as other (for example F1)...