copper peak in dsj!?

General discussion about DSJ4.

would you like copper peak in a future version?

yes absolutely
86%
no
14%

Total votes: 69

skiflyer11

copper peak in dsj!?

Post by skiflyer11 »

hi many of you would probably like to see copper peak in dsj :)

jussi said once:
Jussi Koskela wrote:Hills like Copper Peak are possible if I get the profile data and good photos from the hill. There are many interesting hills available, so I'll have to prioritize them somehow.
so if we can collect as many photos and hill datas as we can jussi may will implement this hill oneday :)

i think this hill with a K-point of 160 (HS undefined) would be a great addition to the usual large hills and flying hills
cause the k-point is somewhere in the middle of those two category of hills

and i also heard that this hill will renovated (maybe entlarged) 2013 or 2014 so that there could be world cups or continental cups take place

That's gotta hurt (sorry Zmaster for that fake ;))
TPo

Re: copper peak in dsj!?

Post by TPo »

Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
J.MIRO

Post by J.MIRO »

I was writen to president of copper peak, Charles Supercynski. This hill will be modernised to 2014. K-point will be moved to 170m with 185m possible
skiflyer11

Post by skiflyer11 »

J.MIRO wrote:I was writen to president of copper peak, Charles Supercynski. This hill will be modernised to 2014. K-point will be moved to 170m with 185m possible
ok thanks for the info :)
if the HS is bigger than 185m the hill will count as flying hill

but jussi needs infos like
inrun angle
table hight

SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Im for Vikersund,more than Copper Peak,why first implement a non-functional hill than a biggest one? In 2014 Jussi can add him (he can now but its totally unlogical)...
sado1

Post by sado1 »

Who says we want it to be implemented before Vikersund? I'd love to jump on either of those! Vikersund is the biggest hill in the world, it's obvious why. But Copper Peak would be nice because it's not as big as currently active ski flying hills, and it would make DSJ4 more interesting. It's not a problem for me if the hill is non-functional, but I think the data of current hill should be used instead of the one that will be there in 2014. What about writing to the president again for some details about the angle of the inrun etc.?
TPo

Post by TPo »

sado1 wrote:Who says we want it to be implemented before Vikersund? I'd love to jump on either of those! Vikersund is the biggest hill in the world, it's obvious why. But Copper Peak would be nice because it's not as big as currently active ski flying hills, and it would make DSJ4 more interesting. It's not a problem for me if the hill is non-functional, but I think the data of current hill should be used instead of the one that will be there in 2014. What about writing to the president again for some details about the angle of the inrun etc.?
Those details are covered in the skisprungschanzen article:
-Takeoff angle: 12°
-Landing angle: 41°, 36° in the new hill
-Jumps of 180m possible
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
skiflyer11

Post by skiflyer11 »

sado1 wrote:Who says we want it to be implemented before Vikersund? I'd love to jump on either of those! Vikersund is the biggest hill in the world, it's obvious why. But Copper Peak would be nice because it's not as big as currently active ski flying hills, and it would make DSJ4 more interesting. It's not a problem for me if the hill is non-functional, but I think the data of current hill should be used instead of the one that will be there in 2014. What about writing to the president again for some details about the angle of the inrun etc.?
who said that the question was "do you like vikersund or copper peak in the next version?" my question was just if you would like to have copper peak in a further version
nothing more :wink:

Heel

Post by Heel »

I think hill in Ironwood won't be in Deluxe Ski Jump, but would nice ;p
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

skiflyer11 wrote:
who said that the question was "do you like vikersund or copper peak in the next version?" my question was just if you would like to have copper peak in a further version
i asked and i answered. Copper Peak maybe in 2014 when it will be reconstructed. Vikersund its just etc. that we need World cup hills more than unfunctional one... :)
skiflyer11

Post by skiflyer11 »

Heel wrote:I think hill in Ironwood won't be in Deluxe Ski Jump, but would nice ;p
jussi said that hills like copper peak would be possible :)

Heel

Post by Heel »

after all, i think that if it is later and adult in the future of the game;-)
sado1

Post by sado1 »

skiflyer11 wrote:who said that the question was "do you like vikersund or copper peak in the next version?" my question was just if you would like to have copper peak in a further version
Admir did, my post was directed to him, sorry, I should've quoted him :)
SuperAdo111 wrote:i asked and i answered. Copper Peak maybe in 2014 when it will be reconstructed. Vikersund its just etc. that we need World cup hills more than unfunctional one... :)
I personally don't care if it's unfunctional as long as it'd be fun to jump on it. But I will understand when you and Jussi won't share my view. I think we need more hills no matter their real world status.
mlody5

Post by mlody5 »