First impressions...

General discussion about DSJ4.
banan1232

Post by banan1232 »

i have only one question... why the best of jumps in currently hill are the same? In dsj3 every jump have diffrent style...
klosik007

Post by klosik007 »

I'm playing that game for a long time and i'm not getting bored, even there are only two hills.

Another thing I have to write: currently I'm using my old computer(Athlon XP 2400+, GF 4MX, 768 MB RAM) - and the game works very good. The fact is, I'm using the lowest graphic settings, but one thing is markable - the source code looks well optimilized - I really appreciate that :)
Kukavica

Post by Kukavica »

i couldn't jump at the first place...then i figure it out :D
now this is so COOL 8)
This's gonna be a bommmbe ride!!! YIIIIIHAAAAAA!!!!!
J.MIRO

Post by J.MIRO »

DSJ 4 is more interesing than DSJ 3. Why? DSJ 4 have REAL HILLS!
RamGuy

Post by RamGuy »

The one thing I really dislike with DSJ4 is everything feels so generic as there is mainly just one way to jump best in every hill in DSJ3 you could be slow on the skies and lay back on your skies and get great hight and good lengths, or you could go straight on and be very aggressive and go long but maintaining good speed so you would get good lengths.

In DSJ4 there is simply just one way to get furthest in Lathi and Lillehammer, if you try to be more or less aggressive you wont get as far as you would go otherwise, this change a bit depending on the wind conditions but normally you will do the normal routine on the jump and in air to achieve the best lengths like their is one given pattern providing the best jumps which wasn't the case, at least not in the same degree in DSJ3.

Therefore having different jump styles for each jumper would help spice things up and make them feel less generic and like each other. When I do a 20 player World Cup in DSJ4 it's the same tactic and jump over and over again, in DSJ3 I would have specific jumpers with specific styles (some really aggressive, some really laid back etc..) but this doesn't make any sense in DSJ4 as there is just one way to jump if you want to fly the longest.
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

What is "splash" in the settings?
skiflyer11

Post by skiflyer11 »

Grufugl wrote:What is "splash" in the settings?
i think it has something to do with the graphic

That's gotta hurt (sorry Zmaster for that fake ;))
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Grufugl wrote:What is "splash" in the settings?
It means the amount of snow/water that the ski jumper spills from the ground.
mario123456783

Post by mario123456783 »

jumping on the two hills is a bit annoying , end of season fis ski jumping = less interest jumping

the later will be released beta 2 = the less people will be interested in it
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

untrue
skiflyer11

Post by skiflyer11 »

mario123456783 wrote:jumping on the two hills is a bit annoying , end of season fis ski jumping = less interest jumping

the later will be released beta 2 = the less people will be interested in it
i think thats rubbish

That's gotta hurt (sorry Zmaster for that fake ;))
MikesCZ

Re: First impressions...

Post by MikesCZ »

quick question: Why do some players have number 2 after their name? thx
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
mlody5

Post by mlody5 »

The miner of the year :D
MattyPolz14

Re:

Post by MattyPolz14 »

RamGuy wrote:The one thing I really dislike with DSJ4 is everything feels so generic as there is mainly just one way to jump best in every hill in DSJ3 you could be slow on the skies and lay back on your skies and get great hight and good lengths, or you could go straight on and be very aggressive and go long but maintaining good speed so you would get good lengths.

In DSJ4 there is simply just one way to get furthest in Lathi and Lillehammer, if you try to be more or less aggressive you wont get as far as you would go otherwise, this change a bit depending on the wind conditions but normally you will do the normal routine on the jump and in air to achieve the best lengths like their is one given pattern providing the best jumps which wasn't the case, at least not in the same degree in DSJ3.

Therefore having different jump styles for each jumper would help spice things up and make them feel less generic and like each other. When I do a 20 player World Cup in DSJ4 it's the same tactic and jump over and over again, in DSJ3 I would have specific jumpers with specific styles (some really aggressive, some really laid back etc..) but this doesn't make any sense in DSJ4 as there is just one way to jump if you want to fly the longest.
It's called realism my friend. Welcome to real ski jumping.
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

My first thought:"I have a very flexible jumper !"
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!