First impressions...

General discussion about DSJ4.
REM

Post by REM »

As mentioned yet, the angle between skis and jumper should get a bit smaller, that's one thing I noticed...

This is Severin Freunds' opinion. We know who is it right now in real skijumping. :!:
Kajek

Post by Kajek »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Konsta Siivola wrote: I don't understand why people want to fly like that..
Maybe because they are so used to flying head lower than feet (=unrealistic) in DSJ3? :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5WmwCmQmBw

0:48 ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TTyEltV ... re=related

And more more like it ;)
http://epgaming.net/ - Jedyny aktywny turniej DSJ3 na świecie!
http://epgaming.net/ - Only active DSJ3 tournament in the world!
pajkul

Post by pajkul »

Jussi Koskela has already told a lot with regard to the flying position. I don't know guys if he has anything to add to this topic, everything looks perfectly clear to me. The flying position is not just graphics, it involves many things, like adjusting angles of certain body parts etc. and there is also some physics model having a big influence on what the flight is gonna look like. Moreover, there's also one more little aspect: mouse. You can't adjust the position of every part of the skijumper's body. Some things are done automatically and are pre-defined. Koskela said he's going to look for a better combination of all the body angles that would make the game fun to play, yet more realistic.

UPDATE: Jussi, can you please give us some more feedback on how much are you planning to make the position in the air affecting the air resistance and the jumper's speed on flying hills during the flight?

I still can't stop playing this game. It's so good. When I was watching the Willingen qualifying session today and the replays showing some take-offs, I wowed when I recalled how it is done in DSJ4. So realistic! Insane!
Last edited by pajkul on 29 Jan 2011, 01:31, edited 3 times in total.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Hmmm.. I still don't see the ski jumper's head below the feet in any of these videos or screenshots. Anyway, the current position of the ski jumper in DSJ4 is the one that has had the best overall look and feel so far. In terms of gameplay there's much more balancing to do than just replacing the body angles.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

I still can't stop playing this game. It's so good. When I was watching the Willingen qualifying session today and the replays showing some take-offs, I wowed when I recalled how it is done in DSJ4. So realistic! Insane![/quote]

Yes!!! I think the same way!!!
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

yep dsj is insane. I love to watch tako offs in slow motion zoomed in :D the flexibility of the skis the jumper movements -> Sweet :D

I love this game
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

King has new cloths, this time these cloths are really! :roll:
...Selection in progress...
kitrak

Post by kitrak »

Pardon?
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

Kings new cloak at is nicer and more expansive than old. (if words play allowed)
...Selection in progress...
Grufugl

Anti-aliasing

Post by Grufugl »

I didn't notice before today that the setup for dsj4 has anti-aliasing options. Having a good graphic card I set it to 4x with no obvious cons. And it has a very noticable effect - a great improval imo :D
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

IMPORTANT !!! TO BE ABLE TO FULLY ASSESS GAME MUST JUMPING LARGE HILL K-185 !!! JUSSI, SO PLEASE ADD TO THE NEXT VERSION BETA DSJ4 HILLS K-185 !!! SO NOW WE CAN NOT 100% YET TO ASSESS GAMES !!!
kamilking1

Post by kamilking1 »

I hope very much like the hills are Lahti, Lillehammer, so the rest of the hill will be the true dimensions and the names, because if it is realistic to the max.
Jussi! You have created the best game! You must take care that the full version was best on how to elaborate, because I pity such a game! Really it is a mega game and please do matters to be worked out famously in every way! Jussi! You're the best ...
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Jussi, in DSJ4 Beta II please again a hill to the point of K-185 (Planica). Thank you.
Daniel84

Post by Daniel84 »

I think the new gameplay is really satisfying, you did a really great job! It makes so much fun to jump, even just in the training-mode. Also I like the idea of choosing the conditions like snow, fog, summer or winter, day or night. It really looks great. I don't know if you can change the Georg Späth style in this stage of development. I think it's not so important because it's only a visual thing, the feeling during the flight is great nevertheless

But please, pleeeeeaaaase, give us CPU players for playing realistic world cups, I think most enjoy this and it would be a big loss if it isn't possible anymore.
BODI

Takeoff

Post by BODI »

Hi!

The game improve a lot,more realistik,super :D ,but...

I dont like that radical change at takeoff.
I jump nearly 11 years,and my arm subconsciously fast pull the mouse back at takeoff-now it is totally diferent,you must wait a bit,and than pull back slitely.
In time,I will learn,but some months will be ruined and I am very angry about this currently :evil: :evil:

And some minor bug:the picture of the game is slitelly moved to the left side,so I dont see all informatons and in the right side I have cca 1 cm of black band.Does this appear by others too?

Have a nice day!
Get movin´ ;)