The future of DSJ

General discussion about DSJ4.
SoBo

Re: The future of DSJ

Post by SoBo »

KamilStoch wrote:There will not be new version, don't wait for this. Also this game lost the interest, because of hackers a long time ago. The another list is conquerd by Hackonen, another by Sobon. Earlier this was Maciej. No body want to play because they cannot break any records :(
I do not know Heiki Hakkonen, I never played with him :wink: . All I know , is that writing about me, "hacker", I'm proud of myself for what I achieved in DSJ 4. Do you have any idea about the game, it does not offend other players. I know each other from Maciek reached in this game is what I can dream .... :wink:
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Chabiker

Post by Chabiker »

Thanks Jussi for that 16 years... :(
DSJ ADDICT
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

SoBo wrote:
Areen wrote:
SoBo wrote:Areen you too, bad read on words Jussi :!: :!: :!:

"Updates are very improbable (wysoce nieprawdopodobne). Don't expect anything" :wink:
I'm 100% sure, that there will be no gameplay update for this game.
we knew it before ur post :wink:
Last edited by SoBo on 08 Aug 2015, 20:39, edited 3 times in total.

Papanapupu

Post by Papanapupu »

akkarbelling wrote:DSJ4 is in no way incomplete. It is the best ski jumping game ever made without competition. It doesn't matter how many hills Jussi make for the game, there will allways be nagging about there not being enough hills. Some people are never satisfied and only wants more and more and more.

Well spoken Sado1!
It IS incomplete : plain graphics (I mean textures), models' resolution can be much better if patience is paid, jumpers are dead dummies after landing or falling, dead crowd, no commentators. I can go along with graphics and models, but I want living jumpers, living crowd and living atmosphere (including one fucking commentator). Oh, and don't forget. A brighter and better score interface, as this one can barely be seen.

Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this game, but I'm quite disappointed that I get bored after 10 minutes, just because the dead stuff : crowd, jumpers, world. It is the best in its genre by far, but I'd call it "Beta stage". Also some important hills are missing : Vikersund, Einsiedeln, Oslo... and maybe more.

If Jussi had enough, it would be better if he passes the project to another dedicated game maker instead of killing such a wonderful game.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

I will reply to your post:

1. The commentators are useless, in this game sounds meanwhile jumping are enough. But, it's really boring that there are the same sounds on every hill. Every onefold hill should have his own, unique sounds, especially on inrun, because inrun tracks on every hill aren't the same, not counting hills from hill groups.

2. Yes, dead jumpers after falls are irritating, but it seems to be one of signs of DSJ. xD

3. Interface of this game is really obsolete. That's one of some things that discourage potential buyers.

And now my opinion:

The game is less simulator than it is written on site. Physics are not as real as in real ski jumping: why there is gibbon? And how it's possible to jump long with flight style similar to Stefan Hula, if we look on 'stoop' of jumper in flight? More successful should be flight similar to Peter Prevc, it will be great on every type of hill. And why we can land with telemark on incredible lengths (BM- 220, Engelberg- 142.5, Ga-Pa- 147, Harrachov- 216-217, Kuusamo- 152, Lahti- 139, Lille138- 149, Oberstdorf- 227.5, PC134- 137.5, Planica- 239, Sapporo- 145, VdF106- 109.5, VdF134- 138.5, Villach- 103.5, Wisła- 139, Zako94- 97.5)? Hill records should be similar to them did in World Cup or on some hills a bit better (max. 1 meter, but not 5 as in Lahti, 7 in Sapporo or 8 meters in Bad Mitterndorf!) Also, hills aren't ideally mapped from real world, there are a lot of details to change: banks, startgate steps on inrun, and mostly environment of hill.
And this disastrous system of finding a wind... There should be system, which says that for onefold startgate should be assigned specified wind interval, and maximal difference of strongest and weakest wind should be dependent of number of gates available in World Cup mode. It will be more simple and will eliminate most of fortuity in finding wind. And reducing maximal wind from 2.5 m/s to 2.0 m/s and made it stronger feeling than 2.5 m/s in DSJ4 - it will increase again the reality of flight. And inrun speeds difference - it should be maximally 0.1 km/h in the same wind, but not over 0.5 km/h, as it is now in DSJ4...

Also, the CPU players are too easy. Maximal level of them should be in my opinion 1800. More normal might be 1700, but I think 1800 sounds better.
All World Cup hills from last a few years with other hills from hill groups are enough. We don't need hills which are rarely used or they are out of order (Zakopane HS94), and, of course, not rebuilt hills (Bad Mitterndorf, Planica).
Also, why we have Team Cup mode and we create teams, if we could assign jumpers created in World Cup mode to teams and play Team Cup in World Cup mode? It could take less space, I think.
Anyway, the interface of site and forum is even more obsolete than interface of game (main menu).
And, of course, too high price to offered capabilities. Maybe 1-year subscirption to online game instead of 3-month just after buying the game couldn't be more tempting for potential buyers? And of course, the brutto price may be the same as actual netto price. That's why a lot of players don't want to buy the key. And now you see why a lot of players don't want to buy online subscription. The game is simply too boring and underdone.

Yes, it's better to say latest version "Beta" than "FV".

There are compatbility issues to fix, but it's a lot of them and the most of them are large or medium.

...and now I am waiting for any player who will call this game "professional"... :lol:
Last edited by Maciejo-96 on 04 Jan 2016, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

It makes no sense to think about a game that is not updated, and its author, who began a series of DSJ, his strange behavior, laziness, or do not know what led to the end of the era of DSJ. Maybe even now, is this some kind of money from the sub, but a year or two longer, no one will remember the DSJ, if you do not move forward ..... shame to speak

akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

SoBo wrote:It makes no sense to think about a game that is not updated, and its author, who began a series of DSJ, his strange behavior, laziness, or do not know what led to the end of the era of DSJ. Maybe even now, is this some kind of money from the sub, but a year or two longer, no one will remember the DSJ, if you do not move forward ..... shame to speak
What "strange behavior" do you refer to?
SkiBartus1994

Post by SkiBartus1994 »

You can update the Slide Bug.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

OMG... Jussi can't.

And how it's possible to update bugs? It would look more idiotic and funny :lol: Developers can only fix, not update bugs.

PS. but that's one of tens huge bugs in this game, still not fixed, which is disappointing...
MatiBlasterPL

Post by MatiBlasterPL »

Hello Jussi. I have sugestions about new hills

- Ruka HS 142
- Nizhny Tagil HS 134
- Oberstdorf HS 137
- Innsbruck HS 130
- Oslo HS 134
- Trondheim HS 105
- Vikersund HS 225
- Almaty HS 130
- Neustadt HS 142
- Planica HS 225

Could you add these hills to new DSJ 4 version?
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

MatiBlasterPL

Give Jusi choice and tell us what u want 10 Hills? :lol: Slowly mybe he start make just first 5 with ur list :?: :?: :?:

But seriously , Jussi you should do some update to the game not for money , :D only just for a respect for Mediamond as a company , and FAITHFUL players
who are waiting for something new . I know so for u is verry easy make new hill , uptdate bugs , and many more thinks . Change ur mind , because after this winter can be to late.......

akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

SoBo wrote:MatiBlasterPL

Give Jusi choice and tell us what u want 10 Hills? :lol: Slowly mybe he start make just first 5 with ur list :?: :?: :?:

But seriously , Jussi you should do some update to the game not for money , :D only just for a respect for Mediamond as a company , and FAITHFUL players
who are waiting for something new . I know so for u is verry easy make new hill , uptdate bugs , and many more thinks . Change ur mind , because after this winter can be to late.......
If i'm not mistaken he said earlier that it took several weeks to create one single hill. So I don't exactly think that it is "verry easy".
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

2 weeks. It's disappointing why, if game engine was created to be suitable for Jussi, it's difficult to create average hill in shorter time and it's a bit tiring, as we saw it already...
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

Guys, it looks like the only way there ever could be new updates to DSJ or a new DSJ game is that Jussi sells the rights and the development tools to another company, maker or team that could continue. But I think:

a) It's not likely Jussi will do this

b) There's no one willing to continue the project
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
Rajmek1233

Post by Rajmek1233 »

SoBo wrote:But seriously , Jussi you should do some update to the game not for money , :D only just for a respect for Mediamond as a company , and FAITHFUL players
+1
That will be a good gesture.